Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Tx35r AIO wont play DivX in full screen

Discussion in 'All-in-one Systems' started by MrMister111, Mar 4, 2009.

1. MrMister111

MrMister111 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Hi

I have a Samsung 5.1 AIO TX35r system. I use it for DVDs no probs. I have a 360 that I normally use for watching my DivX stuff, and it plays it perfect, full screen, no problem.

However, I now need to use my Samsung to play the DivX files, which it can play, but they wont play in full screen, no auto setting etc.

On the Xbox 360, there were variuos display options, as in , strecth, auto, fit, zoom, original etc, that you could play with to get th efile playing on screen like you wanted (normally auto was the best, nearly full screen depending on aspect ratio)

However on the Samsung they seem to play with large black bars, if I press zoom it just zooms into a section of the film, thats no goo.

Anyone help me with this issue please?
    cheers
  2. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,283
    cant you just use the zoom functions on your tv?
    whats the resolution on the divx's anyway, and are you sure there are no specific options on the surround system(manual)?
  3. MrMister111

MrMister111 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Looked through the manual and nothing only zoom X2 which is pointless as it literally zooms pic X2

Can't see anything on TV to make bigger. Not sure on exact size resoltions but they just seem to be better on xbox 360 with it's auto fit or others seem to fill the screen much better

I'll try some more tonight and tell you the resolutions if that's important

Thanks
  4. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,283
    well, the reason i mentioned your tv, is that will have several zoom functions,for screen size,one of which will fit,close to, i would imagine.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. MrMister111

MrMister111 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    okey will have a look at that thanks, it's a samsung le40r87 btw.

I'm just a bit disapointed that the aio couldn't do what my xbox does.

This is important for me as won't have my xbox soon

Cheers
  6. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,283
    the only thing you have to remember is that not every file/disc/mp3,etc will play perfectly on every player,and as the 35R is an older cheaper system,it will have let-downs..
    but go with the tv, and see how the zoom's are on that.
    the xbox though, took a lot of flak for not allowing avi's for the longest time, so the added features they added were important for microsoft's appeasing of owners.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. MrMister111

MrMister111 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Ok once I had a chance, I tried a few zoom on my TV, your right it has a few, it was in 16:9 mode, but there is a wide Zoom, zoom, 4:3, etc.

On one setting there were 2 icons, and one is that your able to stretch the image to whatever height you want!! cool, I know its a bit then stretched, but it fills the screen more.

I still dont think it was as good as the 360 but better than nothing to play DivX now 360 is going...

thanks