Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung TV Anynet+ and Sony AV Receiver

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by youngpip, Apr 23, 2011.

1. youngpip

youngpip Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

I have a Samsung LE37R87 TV and a Sony STR-DH810 AV Receiver.

Now I think my TV is trying to be clever but is actually being a pain. There seems to be some Anynet+ link-up going on, as if I change source on my TV it says "Disconnecting Anynet+ Device". However when I go into the TV's menu all mention of Anynet+ is greyed out.

By itself that's okay, but if I turn on the TV then turn on the amp, the amp starts up connected to Sky HD which is what I want, but then it automatically changes over to "TV", which is a bit useless. Is this the Anynet stuff kicking in?

Also when I change volume on the amp, a volume meter appears on TV and says "Receiver volume". Very cool but it reports a completely different volume to that of the amp! Again is this Anynet being a bit odd??

If anyone can shed any light on the above it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Phil
  2. dante01

dante01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642
    Anynet is basically Samsung's implementation of HDMI CEC and this is otherwise known as HDMI control. To stop the strange behaviour, turn HDMI control off in the amp's HDMI settings.
  3. youngpip

youngpip Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Many thanks Dante, that's stopped the various oddities!

I wouldn't have minded it but the thing of the amp decided to switch to "TV" was really quite annoying!
  4. nathancromer

nathancromer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dante, I have tried turning off the HDMI and anytime plus feature, but my Sony STE DH800 receiver still switches to T.V. input. I cannot figure out how to get rid of it and just allow my bright house universal remote control my volume on my receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Nate
  5. dante01

Ratings:
    +4,642
    Your receiver cannot switch to the TV's associated HDMI input without using HDMI control. I'm not familar with your remote, but if a universal remote then maybe you have it progtammed to switch to the associated TV inpus in relation to the activity you are using it in relation to? I'd suggest it an issue relating to your remotes programming.
  6. nathancromer

nathancromer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you have any advice on how to change or modify this?? Or do you think I might just need to buy a universal remote to have it turn everything on separately? Or is there something I can do/change on the t.v. so that it has nothing to do with the receiver when turned on?
    If I have the anytime plus on the av amplifier on the screen is way off from the actual volume but I am allowed to use the universal remote. But, if I have the anytime plus turned off or use external speakers, I try to use the volume up and down and it will not allow me, I have to use the actual receiver (sony) remote for the sound. I feel like I have tried every combination possible without it working all together and turning on what needs to be turned on.
  7. dante01

Ratings:
    +4,642
    As I said, the receiver shouldn't be switching to the TV input if HDMI control is not enabled. Look at how your current i=universal IR control is programmed to ascertain whether or not this is at fault?