Samsung Tocco Discussion Thread

You won't get anything out of the upgrade team, have to go through to cancellations and then name your deal :D

Originally they wanted nearly £200 for the phone and nothing more on the mins/texts when calling upgrades one transfer through to cancellations and free phone, loads more mins and unlim txts :rotfl:

yeh I sort of knew that, but sometimes its better to go and be able to say ...well Orange are doing it for this etc to se.

I really want a web pack on though do they add this for the 12months? dont want a "ok we'll add it for a 1 month trial"

I think the T-Mobile £30 700+unlimited+web from is hard to beat might phone up and say this, knowing my luck though they'll just say ok go then!!

What you think of Lg then?

I couldn't get web added for free they wanted £7.50 per mth extra, TBH though I have a company blackberry with free web so if/when I need something urgently from the web I can use that instead.

Re LG, didn't really take much interest in it so never came up in discussions as part of a deal, looked pretty good from the reviews though. I am sure someone else can advise or see if there is another thread directed at the LG on its own?

I see ok.

I really want the web add on, you can get it online from O2 for a 18month £35 and above for free.

im on £30 a month at mo, and really dont want to go above this, but wil pay a little extra if I can get web on. so really a £25 a month + web of £7.50 would prob be ok for me.

Dont think they will give me anything like what T-mob are offering thou, on there Combi 30 - 700+unlimited and free web, although the phones offered are rubbish - pity

Ive not tried the Secret but if the touchscreen is anything like the Viewty then the Tocca beats it hands down.

Hmm, from the recent posts it looks like I might have to give this phone a miss and stick with my Viewty until Orange get the N95 8GB back in stock.

Strange as out of all the phones I've had (too many to mention) I've usually found Samsung to be pretty much bug free, on top of being easy to use and of great build qaulity. Oh how I loved my D900.

*sheds tear over stupidly selling it to get a SE S500i... *

Bit more testing with the camera today and it looks like it is just with flash that the PQ is appaling, take it outside and the pictures are pretty damn good.

Also with the car it now works but only to take and receive calls, no dialling access from the car or ability to transfer the address book which is still pretty poor TBH

yeh the picture quality is good when you put it on pc.. im a bit ****** about the screen pixelation problem :( but oh well.. still a very nice phone and i guess ill just live with it

Had this phone a month now and not regretting my choice. The only thing i'm going to do is buy a screen protector off the internet so I can ditch the battery cover with the black cover to the front as this makes the phone more thicker and gets in the way when speaking to someone. This is my only gripe, I was a bit dubious switching to a touch screen but shouldnt have its funny at first texting etc but you get the hang of it in no time.

I would recommend this phone to anyone thinking of buying it :clap:

Had this phone a month now and not regretting my choice. The only thing i'm going to do is buy a screen protector off the internet so I can ditch the battery cover with the black cover to the front as this makes the phone more thicker and gets in the way when speaking to someone. This is my only gripe, I was a bit dubious switching to a touch screen but shouldnt have its funny at first texting etc but you get the hang of it in no time.

I would recommend this phone to anyone thinking of buying it :clap:

Are you happy with the approx 2 day battery life though :rolleyes:

P.S. There is a guy on ebay selling screen prots for £1 and they are excellent quality as put one on mine yesterday

Cheers Nitcry will have a look for them ..:smashin:

- as for the battery life i had a samsung u600 before this and it was exactly the same (2 days) so i'm used to it...

Hi all

Anyone figured out if there's voice dialing with the Tocco? I'm sure I've seen it listed in loads of places that have the specs up but I'm damned if I can find it on the phone.

Hi all

Anyone figured out if there's voice dialing with the Tocco? I'm sure I've seen it listed in loads of places that have the specs up but I'm damned if I can find it on the phone.

I'm sorry to say but Samsung phones don't have voice dialing,
last Samsung I had with it was about 6 years ago and then it never worked properly.

Hi, got this today on o2 with unlimited browsing. Tried to watch a few videos on youtube, for each it comes up with the connected screen before a mesage- 'Invalid resource path specified' appears. Any idea how to get it to work?

Also, what is the largest memory card I can use on this phone?

Last edited:
Ok cheers, thanks for the reply.

It's a bit of a backwards step for me from my SE P1i but there's nothing around that I fancied paying for and the Tocco was a free upgrade. I like the phone, it's sort of nice in a cheerful way (if you catch my drift!?), but there are a couple of things that are oddly missing such as missing voice dialing. I've kept my P1 anyway and had this as sort of a free toy to play with until there's some new SE toys out next year.

Go into Settings

Scroll down to Network Settings

Go into Network Mode

Select GSM 900/1800

Hope this helps..

Cheers Mooney :thumbsup: hopefully the battery life will last a bit longer.

I was wondering if anyone else could help with another question.

I want to be able to drag just the date out onto the main screen , but when i drag across the calendar it always seems to show the full month.

Anyone know how i go about getting only the days date to show.

Cheers

I have a new samsung tocco and and am very pleased with it... except that the events widget does not seem to display upcoming events! Am I missing some setting to activate the widget or does it have to be a particular category of event to show?

Anyone ?????????????

Got the screen protector for this now so will get the black battery cover off now...

just upgraded to one of these (should be with me tomorrow) with orange who offered me 600 mins unlimited texts, free blutooth headset, 8GB memery stick for £25 a month. dont think thats a bad deal at all :)

does anyone know if it comes with any orange software loaded on it?

just upgraded to one of these (should be with me tomorrow) with orange who offered me 600 mins unlimited texts, free blutooth headset, 8GB memery stick for £25 a month. dont think thats a bad deal at all :)

does anyone know if it comes with any orange software loaded on it?

Take care there has been a view reviews kicking about saying this phone drops calls if your with the Orange Network ,,,i've got it on T-mobile and i've had no problems ...just a heads up when you recieve it to check this out as you have a 10/14 days grace to return it if your not happy.

Other than that the phone is fine. Well i'm happy with it !!!:)

Take care there has been a view reviews kicking about saying this phone drops calls if your with the Orange Network ,,,i've got it on T-mobile and i've had no problems ...just a heads up when you recieve it to check this out as you have a 10/14 days grace to return it if your not happy.

Other than that the phone is fine. Well i'm happy with it !!!:)

thanks for the heads up i'll keep an eye out (or should that be ear) :thumbsup:

Has anyone been able to get you tube to work on this phone yet?

Also has anyone tried to set up hotmail on the phone so you can text pictures videos etc?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom