Samsung software update

Selecting channels from the EPG and using the +/- will be quicker, there will always be a delay selecting channel via number because the tv waits to see if you're putting in more than one number, e.g. 11 instead of 1

Selecting channels from the EPG and using the +/- will be quicker, there will always be a delay selecting channel via number because the tv waits to see if you're putting in more than one number, e.g. 11 instead of 1

Completely agree with Burned. If you want to use the keypad numbers to change channels then you have to either wait a short moment or press the "OK" button to change channel. Using the "OK" button changed the channel immediately. Otherwise there is a delay as it expects you to press another button.

I upgraded and lost the main channels i watch.

TMF and The Hits disappeared. As did Film4.

Just downgraded again to get back the channels. WTF?

All my channels dissapeared, i just re-scanned and stored the channels, all is fine.

Did you try re-scanning?

Yeah. The set automatically re-scanned when installing. i tried it again.

Had some bad fog here for the last 2 days. Would this affect this?

Sometimes the screen would say no signal and othertimes would say scrambled signal. This is all on the same channel.

Its not the softeware, although your lucky to just to get away with THE NO SIGNAL message from time to time. You want to live in my area (southend on sea) this is suppose to be a none freeview area and I know what they mean.

With the best of antenna and 20db booster my Samsung spits, farts, snap, crackles, pops and sometimes black screens for about 2 seconds.

Apart from that the pictures blinding when playing the HD DVD player.

sorry guys, for the techincally naive amongst us, what do i do (in the plainest of english please!) to help get quicker channel changing?

You just have to wait until update available appears on screen, this happens when watching certain channels, usually BBC. After upgrading channel changing was much quicker. very happy with my tv now.

Evenin'. My R74 just updated, set was on standby overnight but tuned to bbc1. Turned it on this morning and got the update message. Had to poke it to re-scan all the channels, just got invalid channel messages at first. Doesn't hang at all when switching channels now, yay! Was on the 1010 firmware before (which it shipped with).

How long does it have to be on a BBC Channel before it prompts you and has anyone on Emley Moor Transmitter had it sent yet?

On second thoughts, I think it may have been Monday morning (18/12/06), which does tie in with the dates shown in the link on page 1 of this thread.

Can I just ask if this is likely to be repeated in the New Year?

If you look at the link on page one and scroll down the page it looks like the broadcast is going to be repeated from the 24-10-07 to 26-10-07 :thumbsup:
If that is the right one??
I have just got a Samsung 22" LE22S86BDX from play.com and its great.
Will have to check my software tonight?

Kev

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom