1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PC Share Manager

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by PaulB007, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Mattg79

Mattg79 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Here you go, just click on software and download pc share manager.
    3DTV | 3D HDTV | Samsung PS63C7000YKXXU 3D TV
  2. voytek

voytek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this, it worked for me:
    [url=http://www.4shared.com/file/Z2WzPSIg/Samsung_PC_Share_Manager_v403

My problem is, after installation and running "share manager", my pc doesn't see my TV un40c6300 in "Set Device Policy"
    I have wired network and network connection test run on TV was ok.
    Any idea???
  3. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
  4. oldchippy

oldchippy Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. TheMagician2010

TheMagician2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I tried this software my PC couldn't see my TV either in "Set Device Policy," but it still worked for me. Don't ask me how I got it working, because it just magically started working. I shared some folders and I recall I just closed it and opened it again many times and at one point the TV found "PC Share Manager."
  6. oldchippy

oldchippy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Are you using Windows 7 as your operating system on your PC?

I've carried out a network test on the TV via the menu and all the items get ticked as OK.

When I do a scan on the laptop via the AllShare software it just doesn't come up with anything.
  7. TheMagician2010

TheMagician2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using 32-bit Windows XP (SP3). Make sure the TV and the PC share the same first 3 IP numbers, e.g. your TV has 192.168.100.100 as its IP and your PC has 192.168.100.101. Also make sure the Samsung PC Share Manager isn't blocked by your firewall. Then share a folder, refresh db, try turning the server off and on again. Try the same for the TV. Reboot your PC... Nothing seemed to work at first for me, but eventually the TV did find the PC and I hadn't even allowed it in "Set Device Policy" because it couldn't see the TV. I think the software is a bit buggy, maybe trying something else (Mezzmo, Serviio, TVersity) could work. Revision 3's Systm did an episode about TVersity, step-by-step usage guide, it's the first video on this page.
  8. Mikey86uk

Mikey86uk Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

Im trying to get this to work on my Samsung LE40C750 and all i get from the PC Share Manager is "Cant start server"

My PC is running Windows 7 64bit and my TV is connected via ethernet

i got my iphone app working with my TV using my network but for some reason it wont start server :confused:

any idea's

also is it true, i can stream my PC screen onto my TV screen using this software?
  9. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    No.

Why not use one of the better alternatives like Serviio as linked above, its free and simple to get working.
  10. oldchippy

oldchippy Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. TheCrystalGipsy

TheCrystalGipsy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cannot believe people still try and use Samsungs software it is truly horrible, There are much better free ones or buy an even better one such as Mezzmo which is really good.
  12. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Its be-wilding...struggle to use bad software and ignore free better alternatives like the excellent (and free) Serviio;
    Serviio DLNA media server

Or for a small fee you get the excellent Mezzmo;
    Mezzmo - The Ultimate DLNA Home Entertainment Software

Then again some people try to use Windows Media Player as a media server ! If you want it to work, work well and value picture quality then yo would avoid it at all costs.
  13. berane

berane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Last fall I purchased a Samsung 40” LED-TV (Samsung UE40C6005) along with a LAN adapter. I downloaded and installed Samsung PC Manager on my laptop and succeeded in viewing photos via my wireless network. At that time my desktop was not on the net.

Yesterday I purchased a Samsung Blu-ray Player (BD-C5900). I put the LAN Adapter on the player and were able to connect to my internal WLAN without any problem. I also checked that I was able to stream photos from my laptop (it found the player without any problem). Well, I installed the PC Manager on my desktop but the blu-ray player was not detected. How come? I’ve tested to deactivate my firewall and MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) to no avail. Any suggestions/hints to solve the problem are very much appreciated.

N.B. I’ve noted there are other “Media Players” on the market – even free ones! – but I want to test this out first.
  14. berane

berane Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I want to report that the problem with SAMSUNG PC Share Manager on my desktop (XP Pro SP3) is solved. It was my firewall (ESET Smart Security) who caused the problem. After the settings of the firewall was changed by the support, it worked. Great!
  15. kahoff

kahoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there,

I got a brand new Samsung UE40C6700 together with the Samsung WLAN-Usb stick. Yay!

First step: I connected the TV to internet via usb-stick without any problems. :smashin:

Next step: Downloaded PC share manager V4.3 (or V4.2?), installed it, and install worked fine. So, what happens now? After starting PC share manager, I can see my tv and, of course, I accepted it. Than I try to share a folder (drag & drop + refreshing the database) - works fine too. :clap:

Third step: Changed room, went to the TV, switched on media, selected video - and, well there is nothing. I just get an error message, saying there are no files available. Well, I thought it was maybe a not accepted video-format. So I copied a *.jpg picture to the shared folder, went again to the tv, changed to pictures - and again: nothing. :confused:

5 hours later, and I still did not fix this. :eek:

So, if anyone, ANYONE, out there has an idea: plz give me a hand....I need some help. :lease:
  16. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Use 'Serviio' or 'Mezzmo' and avoid all these problems ?
  17. kahoff

kahoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

thank you very much! :smashin:

Serviio works fine, but not very stable over wireless connection. Think I'll use a wired connection again...it's simply faster. :lesson: :)

Best
    kahoff
  18. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Its probably a bandwidth issue over wifi depending if you have wifi G or N and signal quality. Serviio itself is very stable and works very well and free !
  19. gmantall

gmantall Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been thinking about buying a Buffalo Link station (or any other NAS) for my Samsung TV. So am I right in thinking that I will be able to watch films etc stored on the Buffalo wirelessly? Also do you know roughly how long it takes to "send" a film (1gig or so) to the Buffalo?

My TV is wired directly to my wireless router. I can watch films on my laptop via samsung share manager. Just want to store many more films than my laptop can hold, and be able to watch them on my tv
    Many thanks
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  20. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Depending on your setup. If the Linkstation is connected to the router and all the files on the Linkstation are 100% compatible with your Samsung TV the built in DLNA server *might* work. Historically Samsung sets have had quirky DLNA requirement which meant special profiles had to be added. So if the Linkstation does all of that, someone else can confirm perhaps, then yes it would play the files to your tv.

However assuming Samsung still do odd things you'll need a PC running something like Serviio which works with Samsung tv to server up the files. Or a look at different NAS like Synology, they might be Samsung tv compatible. Be aware thought that a NAS won't have the CPU grunt to transcode on the fly any format files you have that your tv cannout understand. You need a PC again with suitable DLNA server (Serviio for example) to transcode on the fly to a compatible format.
  21. Damo

Damo Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had the Samsung B650, which has DLNA built in, connected via Ethernet cable to my wireless router. Also have a Buffala Linkstation which has a DLNA client. All works OK.

Using the Media button on the remote, I can choose which device for the TV to go looking at. When I have my Win7 laptop on it picks this up too, so I can easily stream files to my B650 from any of the shared folders on the Linkstation or laptop.

TV has some problems with certain MKV files, never bothered to work out why (apparently it's due to the way the file is packaged), but I just go any watch something else, I have more files to watch than I have time.
  22. gmantall

gmantall Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Think i'm gonna give it a go and just get one. Worst case scenario is i'll re-sell on ebay. Sounds like it will be ok though.
  23. cholako

cholako Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there!! I'm also having trouble with ESET and Samsung PC Share Manager. I'm using it with Samsung HTC6500 Home Theatre. I know the device works perfectly fine because I have another laptop whitout ESET Smart Security, which works perfectly.
    But the laptop with ESET won't play files more than 5 minutes, then disconnect abruptly, and the reconnect... and so on.
    How did you fix the issue with ESET? I went to the rule section in the firewall setup and allowed all connections to all .exe I found in PC SHARE MANAGER folder... I think I'm missing something because it made no effect!!

Thanks in advance :lease:
  24. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    If the machine see's the file and plays it ESET isn't the problem imo. You've done the right thing with the rule, thats how I setup DLNA servers behind ESET. Double check, turn ESET off and see if more than 5 mins play ?
  25. cholako

cholako Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks NX, I tried turning off ESET's Firewall, but I still had the same problem. I'll try turning off ESET completely and let you know...

Maybe there is some compatibility issue with Win7 that I'm not aware of... should I run PCSM under compatibility mode or just normal?

Thanks again!
  26. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    If ESET firewall was off them its not the problem. Samsung PC share manager, as stated above, isn't very good.

Serviio is free, available for Windows, Apple, Linux and is an excellent application. As others above have found this is a much better option. I used this, with ESET, no problems.
    Serviio DLNA media server
  27. cholako

cholako Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again NX3, I'll try Serviio then. I'm downloading it right now.
    I've also read above that Serviio isn't that much stable over wireless connections... I hope I don't have any trouble...

I'll let you know anyway, thanks a lot!! :clap:
  28. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    I user Serviio over wifi daily, I didn't understand that comment above. Serviio is rock solid, perhaps they have a wifi problem regardless of what software they use.
  29. cholako

cholako Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The strangest thing happened last night!

I downloaded and installed Serviio.
    I turned on my Home Theatre, automatically told me there was a firmware update available, so I pressed "YES".

Once the update was over, I opened Serviio I tried to connect to the device... I coulnd't do it, Serviio wouldn't pick it up. I was in the middle of that whern it came to me 'Hey, maybe I should try with PCSM now that firware was updated'... Surprisingly, IT WORKED... so far at least.
    I was able to watch a whole chapter of Lie To Me and listen to several songs without problems...

I still have Serviio on my computer, I'll try to configure it tonight, but at least I know now that I can use PCSM if I want to.

Still don't know if it was the update or Serviio that changed something on my computer. But so far, PCSM is working great, we'll see what happens from now on...

Thanks NX3 for all your comments!! You were really helpful!! :clap:

(Sorry if I bother you again if I can't configure serviio tonight...)
  30. cholako

cholako Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after two whole days working perfectly fine, now it's started to flicker every now and then, eventually "disconnecting" and stopping the media playing at the time... It bothers me sooo much. Either PCSM or Serviio. It's still better than before, when I couldn't play music more than 5 minutes... but still annoying... It seems that there is one or more than one processes running on my computer that is interfering with PCSM and Serviio function. I'm running Win7 Home Premium 32bit (the computer that works fine is running Win7 Home Premium 64bit).
    Anyway, I don't know what's going on here, just hoping it fixes somehow soon!!!! :(