1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41B

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by handsy, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbeamish

dbeamish Member

Ratings:
    +8
    ok ordered the 32R41B.

Not sure when it wil larrive tho - might call them for a more definitive date.
  2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie New Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    There's an HDTV logo in the top right of the unit, on the pictures.

Samsung's Swedish site also shows the familiar "HD READY" logo.
  3. crazyswede

crazyswede Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its poor that Samsung has still not updated their UK website :mad:
  4. dbeamish

dbeamish Member

Ratings:
    +8
    aye.. i've mailed them
  5. dbeamish

dbeamish Member

Ratings:
    +8
    ok empire phoned me. they have had "a few" :) orders for this set and are expecitng them in within 1-2 weeks from Samsung. Apparently they are expecting more in than they have had orders placed too so shouldn't be a problem there. When they come in they will call me again and organise a delivery day/time (seemed quite a specific time too which is good!). so.. bit of a wait i guess..
  6. Starfury

Starfury Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The LE26R51BD is coming into my local Currys next week apparently. Considering buying it, mainly for gaming purposes, but I have a question..
    I know its digital(Freeview) but can it still receive analogue transmissions?

The reason I ask is I'm on NTL cable, and the area around here still has to use the older STB with theyre RF connections. I've asked about upgrading to digital but theres some problem with council/junction boxes/cables (usual NTL excuses) .. they hope to resolve the situation some time soon.

Now, I could tune the set using the roof ariel no prob, and get all the free to air channels, but I'd kinda miss SkyOne.

I could tune in an old vcr to the cable STB, and connect the vcr to a scart socket to get the cable signal to the screen I guess.

Can you get the analogue signal regardless on this set? Answers appreciated.
  7. msg

msg Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Yes - it does receive analogue transmissions as well as digital

Seen at my local Currys last weekend... ;)

A question for someone with access to the specs....

Does the digital version store more than 30 channels? I've seen somewhere that it will only store 30 :confused:
  8. Starfury

Starfury Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that. Thats pretty much settled it then, the LE26R51BD is the one for me.

I might tune the set to the ariel and the cable box to a vcr anyway, watch most of the channels on freeview and switch over to the video just for skyone/vh1 (until NTL pull their finger out).
  9. Starfury

Starfury Member

Ratings:
    +5
    If you mean the pretty standard statement like;

"Samsung's range of fully integrated Digital TVs allows up to 30 additional TV channels to be experienced"

I fully expect that to be like most of the Freeview STB's which seem to state '30' channels, even though theres about 39 which they all receive fine.
  10. maddav

maddav Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered mine! :thumbsup:

So they'll phone me when they get them in stock then, not before?

I just can't wait!!
  11. dbeamish

dbeamish Member

Ratings:
    +8
    they will probably phone to let you know its not in stock and will be a couple of weeks - just to make sure you are happy to wait. Thats what they did with my order. Then apparently closer to the time they will call again to arrange a delivery date and time.

That is, if you ordered from EmpireDirect, which I am assuming you did.
  12. maddav

maddav Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I did order from EmpireDirect, and I guess I can wait, my new DVD Player and speaker system arrives tomorrow, so I'll have something to distract me :)

Thanks!
  13. dubledene

dubledene Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone got any pics in situe hows it look on footie and movies??
  14. Roost

Roost Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There will be some around tomorrow...well...later today i imagine mate :)
  15. David Mackenzie

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Sometime later today, I can't wait and could hardly sleep! :D
  16. smartn

smartn Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Having waited in all day Saturday because Empire told me mine would be delivered then, it didn't arrive. I told them no one would be in yesterday but a delivery was attempted. With a bit of luck I should have it arriving this evening after 17:00 and will post my initial impressions tonight/tomorrow.
  17. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I must concede that this is a better looking TV than the Tevion that I have...but on paper it looks like the specs for the Tevion are better....

I'm closely watching this thread now.... just because I think just about everything there is to discuss about the Tevion has been discussed now :rotfl:

Another key thing to remember is that the Tevion offers a 3 year warranty, I believe the Samsung would be a standard 1 year... with the option to pay more for a aftersale warranty.

Anyway, all the best to those buying this pretty little screen...

I'm not sure if it is much help but I found this english manual on the net for it...

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200504/20050428102502015_BN68-00883D-00Eng.pdf
  18. welsh113

welsh113 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    the samsung has better spec then the tevion hdmi alone is a huge thing!!! but the samsung is the latest generation lcd screen i am willing to bet that the tevion uses an older panel of some kind i am not sure which on it uses....
  19. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Hmmm... HDMI to DVI connectors are common place...

I am tempted by this samsung I must admit.
  20. dbeamish

dbeamish Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Didn't they give you a delivery window/time?

They told me they would do with mine :-/
  21. smartn

smartn Member

Ratings:
    +14
    dbeamish - I was told if I wanted it Saturday it would be anytime, if I was prepared to wait until Thursday they would give a delivery window, I didn't want to wait that long! Anyway, they have now offered a partial refund on delivery, an evening delivery tonight and a discount of a future order (not quite sure what size of discount!) because of there mistake. Not bad customer service as long as they get it to me tonight I'll be happy.
  22. HuwieHex

HuwieHex Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I ordered one on the Internet on Saturday 3rd June, as the item was shown as "In Stock". My credit card was charged the same day and my account at Empire Direct showed the item as "awaiting despatch". It was still shown as awaiting despatch until and including this morning, so I phoned their Sales Office. "Out of Stock" they said. When I pointed out that I have a printout of the stock status at the time of order and that my Card had been charged, I was told that this is a stock discrpancy. No-one had been in touch with me in the meantime, and I had no reply to my email to them yesterday. I don't like doing business with people such as Empire Direct who do that to me so I have cancelled the order. Incidentally, their geographical number for sales and enquiries is 0113 235 1770
  23. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    OK... the more I see the more I like :rotfl:

Just a few quick questions though...

Has the response time been confirmed yet?...12ms would be OK but I'd say 16ms is pushing it a bit.

Apart from Empire Directs price (and they seem to be out of stock now).... whats the next best range of prices that people have found?
  24. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN Member

Ratings:
    +3

Me two :D

I have tried the Tevion 32" and it's given me ok results , but can I live the ghosting / blurring on PQ . I don't think so :thumbsdow

I'll be keeping an eye on the results once the Samsung 32" reviews and finds

:)
  25. serial45

serial45 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am eagerly awaiting results from you guys, lack of DV-I is a bit of a let down!
    Questions :

Whats the pc mode like? 720p/1080i via xbox / component? :)

I am really disappointed with my tevion after having no joy getting xbox to output 720p / 1080i, such a let down cos pc mode is amazing!

Hopefully Aldi will take my TV back (i've had it 11 days) with it not supporting the modes its quoted to on the box grr....anyone returned a tevion the past few days?
  26. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I don't think they would question it... the cabling issues for us have been a nightmare...and after finally sourcing cables some of us have had problems still connecting our equipment to the TV :(

It's worth remembering that Joe Public wouldn't be doing half the stuff we are trying to acheive and our expectations are now set very high... I'm holding on until we have some definate feedback on the Samsung and how it copes...

Incidently Bionic Man... although I haven't tried Progressive scan I do not get any blurring or ghosting at all on my Tevion.
  27. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN Member

Ratings:
    +3
    What you haven't even tried prog scan via the scart cable :) . Like I have said above the PQ has got better via normal Tv ariel but watching the Footy it's like the player are smearing across the screen :eek:
    I can't see the Tevion has a respone of 8ms grey to grey
    Also had mine since the 26/5 and I will be taking mine back this weekend

:D
  28. David Mackenzie

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Remember DVI's eventually going to be phased out and on this set has been replaced with HDMI - which is for the most part backwards compatible with DVI. I'll bet there's SOME way to get a PC running on it over a DVI-to-HDMI connection.
  29. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Cos' I'm still waiting for one of three bleedin' cables I have ordered :rotfl:
  30. Roost

Roost Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *Unpacks his brand spanking new LCD at work*

:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.