Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41B (...continued) "Tearing" Posts only

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Stuart Wright, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Dixxhead

Dixxhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still nothing? Did everyone who has this set die? :rotfl:

Well, please don't take it badly if I keep bumping this thread onto the first page in hope someone might finally send me that rome2.mot file that works for a 26" display the way it should. (I wouldn't even mind if it was a MAY Build, works better than the one for 37", at least regarding configurations... :lesson: )
  2. Dixxhead

Dixxhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bumping for hope. :suicide:
  3. Dixxhead

Dixxhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still noone with the Firmware for my LE26R51BX? :rolleyes:
    I repeat, I do not care wheter it is old or not, I'd just like to have a fitting firmware for my TV, if that is possible (not like the one I have currently, which is for a 37" display :-/)
  4. Dixxhead

Dixxhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump
  5. Dixxhead

Dixxhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uff; had another call with samsung, they redirected me to the local authorized service center... I just hope they can give me the firmware I need, otherwhise all my hope lies by you guys, which isn't exactly the best thing :rotfl: (at least regarding this topic)
  6. TallPaul

TallPaul Member

Ratings:
    +21
    They will want to take the set apart, and put boards with the original firmware back in them... becuase they cannot downgrade the firmware!

I am stuck without SVIDEO myself, there is a picture but the quality is so poor its unusable...

Also the digital TV tuner keeps locking up, resulting in the need to power cycle the tv before you can change channel :mad:
  7. lemaru

lemaru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I FINALLY managed to get the firmware update for my LE32R51B from Samsung just before xmas, after the bloke on the fone kept telling me to run my Xbox at 1080i to stop the tearing problem.....

However I have now found that the update does not work, i have tried 3 different PC's and nothing happens.... when u turn the tv on it comes up with the tv picture as per normal.....

anybody had similar problem?? or know how to get it working?

TV is no out of warrenty as of July last year
  8. Radagast82

Radagast82 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    hi man!, i'm surfing over the net wondering how to get the latest firmware for my LE32R51B that's giving me tearing problems with my X360 connected via VGA and also with my dvd player connected via Component... so, i read that you got the firmware for this display, and I would really appreciate if you would send it to me (supposing that is a Rome firmware), if you want, u can be my saint! :lease: help me...
  9. Frankie Lee

Frankie Lee Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there, my LE32R51B which I've had for just over a year seems to have a problem. I'm not sure if it's defined as "tearing" or "picture prcessing" but in the last couple of weeks I've noticed a kind of smearing or glittering effect in sections. My only source is a 360 over VGA at 768p 60hz.

It's most noticeable on my 360 dashboard where sections of the normally yellow bacground now have highlights in green that float around the screen. And more recently on my copy of Harry Potter on HD you can see it in certain scenes with red colouring. I'll post some images to give you a better idea.

Anyone know the term for this? I'm just concerned that it's something that'll get worse.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. cif

cif Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    hi can someone tell me what response time for this tv is?
  11. anobium

anobium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I think its 8ms you wont have any problem playing games on this set, I have one hooked up to 360 and its fine.
  12. shil

shil Active Member

Ratings:
    +412
    Another small bump from me

Just been reading this thread through the last few pages regarding tearing at 720p on certain games/movies through 360.

Now I have just recently got a PS3 hooked up to my LE32R41BD and now join the HD gaming revolution. With the game Resistance Fall of Man running at full 720p res on certain levels I can see really bad tearing (only high levels of fog/mist) Can this problem be solved by upgrading the firmware?

Im going to ring Samsung customer services and see what they say. I hope they can supply me with the correct kit to get this solved....

Any one with the same issues, it would be good to hear on any success with the firmware...

Cheers
  13. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie New Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    I don't think this TV ever had the problem on 720p, did it? (I could be wrong here). Sounds like the game is at fault?
  14. madmaca

madmaca Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I played a 720p movie on my LE32R41BD and noticed a horizontal line of bad tearing just below the centre of the screen. My TV is 18months old now - what are my chances? Do I ring Samsung on the number in the original post? Are they still honoring this?
  15. huti

huti Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  16. rob_jenkins

rob_jenkins Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Been reading loads of forum entries here and can't seem to come any closer to a resolution for my problem! :\

Basically I have a Samsung LE32R341BD and have only just recently discovered this tearing issue you speak of. Got an xbox360 attached via HDMI and see all the tearing, flashing colour lines you speak of.

Bought my TV in 2005 so it is completely out of warranty. Samsung won't offer me any assistance, even denying that there is firmware available for me.

Firmware details are as follows:

T-GRNW32PEU- 1006
    T-GRNWMPEUS- 1004

MAY 18 2005 18:32:05

I have found ROME firmware links here but not working greenwich links. I would really appreciate it if someone could either email me / link me etc these files and tell me where I can buy the cable or software etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  17. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Hi mate,

Well I'm surprised this thread is still kicking around after all this time... I was one of the FEW that actually managed to get the firmware update kit from Samsung and it did work. My father in law now has the kit.... somewhere...if he still has it I might be able to sort something out for you.... I got rid on my own Samsung TV earlier this year.

However I must add that back then XBOX's (version 1 in my case at the time) could only support 720P over component and that was where the tearing was, I was never aware of it being seen over HDMI but then back then there were no HDDVD/BLURAY/PS3 etc.. Personally I'd be thinking about getting a larger screen TV that supports 1080P so that you can get the full benefit of your 360 and HDMI.

Gotta also say that Samsung dealt with this terribly... I also had a big problem with one of their DVD recorders that with persistence I managed to get resolved.... but again many customers did not. I vowed never to buy Samsung again but admittedly I have done (A HD Camcorder and mobile phone - both of which have been fine). The way I view Samsung now is that they deliver cutting edge consumer products but their after sales support and customer care leaves a lot to be desired.
  18. rob_jenkins

rob_jenkins Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply busterdan. Yeah i've never had the reason to attach anything to HDMI until just recently. Gotta say I am blown away by the graphical capabilities of the 360. Besides this issue, the TV is great - bit of a shame. I do want to upgrade at some point (probably late next year to an LED variety).

You're right - Samsung support are rubbish. They just made excuse after excuse as to why there isn't an upgrade kit and denied there ever was at one point. Anyway, any help with the kit would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
  19. rob_jenkins

rob_jenkins Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I realise this is probably a "fat chance" moment - but are you able to make available the files that were here at one point please?

My TV experiences all the issues you guys speak of and I can't locate this "golden firmware" !

Thanks.
  20. afsd

afsd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have been searching and searching on and off for months now to see if I could successfully source a firmware upgrade for my samsung le26r41bd (with freeview) to no avail :-(

Bought in early '06 its whaaay out of warranty and samsung, being the helpful bunch that they are, are refusing to give me any assistance/advice on the problems that I am facing:
    - tv crashing intermittently
    - slow freeview changing channels

These have been (just about) bareble, but today was the straw that finally broke the camel's back - now my xbox 360 refuses to connect over HDMI.. (first time I have ever used the HDMI port of this TV... it works fine on other TVs)

My current versions are:
    Product name: GNXXEO
    Software version: T_GREEPEU0_1055
    Firmware version: T_GREEPEU7_1000
    Hardware version: v1.60a

so... if anyone has any firmware files / links to samsung update cables / any advice I would be most grateful!!

?

Any help much appreciated! Thanks
  21. afsd

afsd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    .... following on from my post above, I think the versions I posted before are less relevant than the following ones that I found in the service menu of my LE26R41BD:
    T-GRNW26PEU- 3012
    T-GRNWMPEUS- 1004
    Nov 08 2005
    08:18:57

Any help greatly appreciated!