Samsung LE32D400 Media Player

bluesmirnoff

Standard Member
Reaction score
A friend has just bought a Samsung LE32D400 TV from E-buyer, it was advertised with identical specs to my own LE32D450, however on testing it, he found the media player only offered to open photos or music files from the USB, however my 450 also opens movie files, this is a feature that he needs. So my question is, does anybody know of an update or unlock, to add in movie file playback ?

In searching Samsung's site, the LE32D400 is not listed at all, under the 4 series page it only lists the 450, and I can find very little mention of it anywhere else, other than various retailers, or the dutch Samsung site, many of the retailers advertise USB movie file playing ability (including E-Buyer), we suspect the info is just a copy and paste of the 450's details and not the genuine spec. Can anyone help out ?

I bought a 32" Samsung LE32D400 TV last month from Richer Sounds in the UK, (full model code LE32D400E1WXXU). I can confirm that I have tried three random files but it totally refuses to recognise AVI files on a Kingston 2GB USB memory stick. Very disappointing to say the least. It identifies and plays JPEG images and mp3 music files absolutely perfectly incidentally, (but so what? Doesn't every TV nowadays).

I registered the product on Samsung's web site and logged a query regarding whether the currently available firmware upgrade (that I found quite easily on Samsung's site) will address this deficiency. Being honest, I don't expect success. Depending upon the outcome of my query, I intend to post this issue on Amazon and any other relevant user review sites I find to warn prospective purchasers. I will also advise Richer Sounds to update their description.

There is a kludge of course; play AVI movies through your DVD player IF IT HAS ONE !

Can you confirm your Samsung LE32D450 plays from an NTFS formatted ext hdd and plays mkv files with DTS audio tracks as the LG I have tried doesn't like the DTS audio track part of my backup files, and I am looking for a TV that can play these files, for kiddies xmas present. Ta

I bought a 32" Samsung LE32D400 TV last month from Richer Sounds in the UK, (full model code LE32D400E1WXXU). I can confirm that I have tried three random files but it totally refuses to recognise AVI files on a Kingston 2GB USB memory stick. Very disappointing to say the least. It identifies and plays JPEG images and mp3 music files absolutely perfectly incidentally, (but so what? Doesn't every TV nowadays).

I registered the product on Samsung's web site and logged a query regarding whether the currently available firmware upgrade (that I found quite easily on Samsung's site) will address this deficiency. Being honest, I don't expect success. Depending upon the outcome of my query, I intend to post this issue on Amazon and any other relevant user review sites I find to warn prospective purchasers. I will also advise Richer Sounds to update their description.

There is a kludge of course; play AVI movies through your DVD player IF IT HAS ONE !

Any luck yet with customer support? I've just bought the same Samsung model and feel VERY unhappy about the lack of video format supported! I was wondering if it would be of any use to register the product and post the same query you did...

Hi

I purchased this TV in November and was also under the impression that you could play movies on it. I contacted SAMSUNG UK and they explained that this model wasn't able to play movies, just view pictures and play music. I was dissapointed but just went and purchased an incredisonic media player for £19 from amazon.co.uk. Problem solved!!!! :) Its a pain when like its advertised all of the place as having allshare movies and I did buy this model on the strength of its media cababilities and then it turns out to be LIES!!!!!!!!!!! lol

cheers :)

Hi there, maybe this helps you i done it on my LE32C350 and it worked, the only difference is you should change LE32D400 by LE32D450 and should work with any series 3, 4, 5:

WARNING! Any operation on your TV needs to be done knowing exactly what to do. Each operation (allowed or not) must be made under your exclusive responsibility.

The solution to enable the viewing of films via the USB LE32C350 model is as follows: with the tv in stand by mode, access to technical menu with the key sequence (from remote) INFO + MENU + MUTE + STANDBY + OK (in rapid sequence) and to change the parameter MODEL in LC360. Now Go back to the original display with the RETURN key (the remote) and turn off the TV. When power will show the option of the Media Play Video with audio in perfect working order! Enjoy! ^ __ ^

Please if someone has tried wiv the LE32D400 and works please let me know because im thinking to buy one ;)

Last edited:
From the service menu I changed the model on my LE32D400E, setting it to LD450 (LE32D450). Now the Downloads menu has Videos, Photos and Music.

Thanks!

From the service menu I changed the model on my LE32D400E, setting it to LD450 (LE32D450). Now the Downloads menu has Videos, Photos and Music.

Thanks!

Thank u for the confirmation! I will get a D400, I was almost sure that was gonna work!

A follow-up to my post from 6 months ago, (concerning the 32" Samsung LE32D400) after I read the recent posts by alejokdj and Niccolo...

To begin with, I would recommend upgrading the TV firmware before even attempting to change any "Service Menu" settings. I got the LE32D400 firmware from Samsung website (release date 7 Nov 2011). incidentally. You need to transfer the data via a USB stick. Be warned, you will probably have to re-tune, etc., etc., afterwards. This upgrade is all perfectly innocent and straightforward. After you've completed the process and you are sure everything works after a full TV "reboot" sequence you can proceed to the next stage. This process is definitely NOT for the squeamish however. You can brick your TV. Honest. In fact, I probably shouldn't even post this here, but I just want to clarify what I did personally. You're an adult and reposible for your own actions.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL IF YOU ACCESS THE SERVICE MENU. :devil: I was careless, screwed up the settings and wasted 3 hours returning the TV to normal. I was lucky (some people have rendered their TV useless, or at least had to return it to a Samsung service centre). I believe it also invalidates your warranty too; they can tell you've been tinkering.

As previously stated, to access the Service Menu you should have the TV in standby mode, (ie switch it off using the remote). In quick succession, press "info" > "menu" > "mute" > "power" then "return" (this may be superfluous). You should see the Service Menu after a brief delay. From here on you are skating on thin ice. Ideally you should write down all the settings you can see here, in case you need to revert; don't do what I do, but do what I say! Under no circumstances should you press "Factory Reset" !!! My settings got totally screwed up and the TV displayed an inverted, garbled, almost fluorescent screen image, but I will describe how I eventually succeeded...

Select "Option" & scroll down. I believe there's only two settings that really need changing. After wasting hours with my head upside down (true), I eventually selected Type = 32A6AH0C and Model = LD450. You can press "Return" to get back to the previous screen but there is no "Save" option. Once you've changed a setting, that's it ... there's no going back to what was there originally (so far as I can see). That's why I suggest writing down everything. I Googled this model but couldn't find a list of the recommended settings anywhere. I suppose that's what TV service manuals are for. To continue, once you're sure you have made the relevant changes, you can proceed. As I said, there's no save option, but when you press "Return" on the remote (and can't go back further), simply press the red power button to commit changes.

After restarting the TV, I was successfully able to access and play AVI files from USB. OK, it took a lot of time and heartache but I feel it was worth it. I hope this is of benefit to others. Incidentally, it's possible that other settings may also work. Any further posts here may be of interest. Good luck everyone.

I have accesed the service menu on my Samsung LE32D400, but Im not able to move up down or w/e with any keys, im only able to press power. What's the problem?

+1 on LE32D400E1W
Now I am able to play video files, also supports subtitles (.srt and .sub files) can changing theire charset encodings, adjust size, its kewl. Also supports and HD formats.
Thanks for the pointing @alejokdj

Can somebody who changed the model of a LE32D400 TV answer me to a question? Do the touch-sensitive buttons from the frame of the TV still work after changing the model of the TV to D450? I read somewhere that in some cases (D5003) those buttons become nonfunctional after the change of the model and even restoring the model to default doesn't solve the problem. Thanks in advance for your answers!
P.S. Please excuse my poor English.

Mine works pretty fine.
Actually I am not noticed some bugs, all is okay, except the "composite" and "pc" input that apearing in the source and have no such outputs in the back but this is expected :D

However I am happy that have video player, last night i was watching the matrix movies on HD :thumbsup:

I also confirm the front panel buttons (appear to) work fine on my LE32D400 after changing the "Service Menu" settings to Model = LD450 as I described previously. It may be imagination, but the channel change buttons MAY be more sensitive than previous, but this may just be my imagination. To reiterate, be VERY careful if you do use the "Service Menu".

It may be imagination, but the channel change buttons MAY be more sensitive than previous, but this may just be my imagination.

Seems that I have same imagination too :D however, I am using the remote controller, I am touched the buttons only once, on the first day when bough the tv, just to test what they do :D

great! now i can use the le32d400 as a 450 with mediaplayer. thanks a lot... but there is one problem: can you tell me how i can pause/stop the movies?
thanks a lot

Does anyone still have the original service menu settings for the LE32D400?
I need to set mine so I can fix a problem with the HDMI ports.

Does anyone still have the original service menu settings for the LE32D400?
I need to set mine so I can fix a problem with the HDMI ports.

me 2 i need the original service menu settings for LE32D400 :( please help :love:

can you tell me please how to make the touck bottons work again? what code i need? (i did a factory reset) for model LE32D400E1W...

me 2 i need the original service menu settings for LE32D400 :( please help :love:

can you tell me please how to make the touck bottons work again? what code i need? (i did a factory reset) for model LE32D400E1W...

I can put pictures of my settings for the LC32D400
that is if either of you would like it. Keep in mind the type of the TV has been changed. To add video playbak

I can put pictures of my settings for the LC32D400
that is if either of you would like it. Keep in mind the type of the TV has been changed. To add video playbak

please post the photos if you can....:) thx

please post the photos if you can....:) thx
Hi sorry for the month late reply these are the pictures you've requested.

For clarification sake
The sticker on my TV says the following
Model: LE32D400E1W
Model code: LE32D400E1WXXU
Type no: LE32D400

Photo 1 is the first screen of the service menu

*Look at the top left corner of the rest of the photos. "Main: ?????"
The ????? corresponds to the option I've selected from Picture 1*

Photo 2 (original) are the original settings of the "Option" screen
Photo 2 (changed) are the changed settings which allowed me to get video playback from my USB
Photo 3 is the original settings of the "Control" screen
Photo 4 is the original settings of the "SVC" screen
Photo 5 the original settings of the "ADC/WB" screen
Photo 6 is the same as photo 1 (mostly) I cannot enter into the Advanced settings screen.

Hope this helps. Once again sorry for the extremely late reply

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,605
  • photo 2 original.JPG
    photo 2 original.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 1,629
  • photo 2 changed.JPG
    photo 2 changed.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,636
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 1,017
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,263
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 937
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 1,186
Hi sorry for the month late reply these are the pictures you've requested.

For clarification sake
The sticker on my TV says the following
Model: LE32D400E1W
Model code: LE32D400E1WXXU
Type no: LE32D400

Photo 1 is the first screen of the service menu

*Look at the top left corner of the rest of the photos. "Main: ?????"
The ????? corresponds to the option I've selected from Picture 1*

Photo 2 (original) are the original settings of the "Option" screen
Photo 2 (changed) are the changed settings which allowed me to get video playback from my USB
Photo 3 is the original settings of the "Control" screen
Photo 4 is the original settings of the "SVC" screen
Photo 5 the original settings of the "ADC/WB" screen
Photo 6 is the same as photo 1 (mostly) I cannot enter into the Advanced settings screen.

Hope this helps. Once again sorry for the extremely late reply

thx very much for the photos...it was perfect if you had access to the hidden menu...i think theres is my problem...

does anyone have original service menu settings for samsung le32d400e1w,type le32d400,messed about with adc/wb results and did not keep originals would be much obliged if anyone can help cheers

i need all picture's of the Service Menu because my HDMI doesn't use :(
can somebody help?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom