Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung LE32B530P7W

Discussion in 'Which TV Should I Buy?' started by people3, Jun 1, 2009.

1. people3

people3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HI All,

I'm looking at buying a new 32" 1080p LCD tv,

I like the samsung ranges and saw one with the model numebr LE32B530P7W

On the samsung website there is a manual for this, but i cannot find any other review - has anyone had any experiance of this model and is it worth £500

Many Thanks
  2. visitorx

visitorx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bought it yesterday from tesco for 400£ its a gem .. buy it you wont regret
    regards
  3. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there i've been looking at the samsung le32b530p7wxxu in comet for £399 and thinking about buying it on friday, can you tell me if this tv is the same one you got and maybe answer a few questions below please as i can't find any reviews anywhere.

1. Is the TV new this year is it a series 5 ?
    2. Does this tv look good with standard definition ?
    3. Will it look good with ps3 using HDMI ?
    4. I,m planning to play x264 files through my laptops HDMI output, will this work and look good ?

These questions above may have obvious answers but i really aint that clued up on tv's and hopefully the replys will make my mind up on buying it.

Link to Tv below.
    Buy SAMSUNG LE32B530P7WXXU | 32" lcd tv - Television | Comet
  4. visitorx

visitorx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    before i got this one earlier this year i bought samsung 32 series 4 which was equally amazing and breathtaking on ps3.. later my other standard crt tv gone dead so i started looking for a new tv, interestingly in tesco i found the above model full hd so it was an instant purchase as i know what i would expect and the price beyond doubt was the best... now about ur question..

1. yes it is a new series 5 tv exactly the same model... when i go into system bios release date is given in 2009

2. this tv was infact bought from sitting but after i brought it home my inner devil said to move the old samsung series for to sitting and bring this into study for ps3 :) so in regards of standard definition i have never tried it but tobe honest everything i have played on it is crystal clear from freeview to ps3 gaming.

3. did u mention look good with ps3?? well hello no it wont look good it would look AWESOME !!!!! i play tekken online and this has unleashed the full potential the image is crystal clear no ghosting no blurring.. i also use it as pc monitor but pc output is not that amazing even with hdmi infact vga is better to display fullhd, if you only intend to watch movies from ur laptop than hdmi would be good but for displaying text this is not good.. infact it is not the fault of tv but becoz the resolution gets so big and the text become so small that it gets problematic

4. cant comment on the file format u have mentioned i havenot tried it but i am sure it will look good

by the way if u play tekken add me for a challenge my ps3 id is zaidi76

cheers !!!

regards
  5. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, you made my mind up and i'm going to buy it on friday. I've been looking at this tv for a week now and trying to find reviews on it, even the samsung website had no info which i thought was strange. It's good to find somone that actually has it and has no issues with it :)

I dont have tekken and not really tried my hand at online games with ps3 yet, maybe in the near futre though.

Thanks again for the reply!
  6. vinny2k

vinny2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you actually seen this TV? I have seen many when I went currys yesterday!

Its ok but there are far better sets MUCH BETTER PICTURE QUALITY:

Consider:

Sony KDL32S5500
    Play.com (UK) : Sony Bravia S Series 32" 32S5500 HD Ready Freeview Widescreen LCD TV (Includes Sony 3 Year Guarantee) : Electronics - Free Delivery

Toshiba Regza 32RV635DB
    Toshiba Regza 32RV635DB 32-inch Widescreen Full HD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

If you dont believe me pop down to a Large TV store and then you will see for yourself!

Both have very good reviews....so just take a look before rushing into it!
  7. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I seen the samsung yesterday in comet and never really seen anything that size and price i liked better. I seen the toshiba regza in pc world but still liked the samsung better, is there something i'm missing with picture quality or technical stuff?
  8. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will nip back down to comet tomorrow and try and compare the 2 tv's you recommended are better than the samsung and take it from there.
  9. visitorx

visitorx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is not full hd so take this out of list.. toshiba can be a good rival for this price but as far as LOOKS and image quality is concerned i can bet samsung is hard to beat..

when u get a chance to go instore make sure u compare both playing same stuff enable dynamic mode in samsung to see the true stunning visuals...

u cannot ignore the red beautifull tinge that is just below the black frame on samsung model simply love it.. i have two samsungs and more then happy with both so i will definitly give it a go a third time with my eeys closed
  10. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i l love the look of the samsung to, i only got to see the picture quality using the freeview built in which i thought looked good, i asked if i could see a blueray disc on it but they wouldnt show me as they said it wasnt set up with a blueray dvd player.
  11. vinny2k

vinny2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Full HD on a 32" will not make a difference if its 32" at all. I have seen it from my own eyes the picture on the toshiba is way better than the Samsung!
  12. vinny2k

vinny2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok let me know what they say and which one you go for. I can almost guarentee the Toshiba and Sony will come out on top and the Samsung last (although it still is a nice TV).
  13. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  14. vinny2k

vinny2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes same model. I would advise to check Samsung site but as this model is a PROMO model its not listed on their site, thats why I cancelled my order with Comet yesterday, that and people saying its not manufactured where the others are this one is a cheaper samsung model made in hungary, thats what made my decision to cancel my order, and this was confirmed when I saw the toshiba at comet which in my opinion blew away the samsung (although you wouldn't of thought so)
  15. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to compare the samsung with the toshiba tomorrow, it must be hard to try and compare picture qaulity when the tv's are nowhere near each other in the store. Can you advise me the best way to go about comparing them, what i should look at etc.
  16. visitorx

visitorx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    really ??? than its a BIG joke --- i am using both and i can tell difference especially when u hook hdmi devices which run at fullhd.. but anyway i have just gone through regza specs which u mentioned on amazon.. i think it a nice telly too but my experience was different when i compared them in currys... samsung was clearly the winner... however in terms of connection if what amazon states is correct than it has more connections.. i mean samsung has 3 hdmi not 4 as mentioned in comet (they always have errors in tech specs) and only 1 scart, which didnot bothered me as i had no use of scart connection... the usb port in samsung (this particular model) is not for media playback but for service like if u want to upgrade bios.. regza has capabilty of playing media files and music so its a plus..

keeping these two things in view i would recommend that u go with toshiba as it has more capabilities then just picture quality which tobe honest are more or less same !!!

i hope this helps u in making a decision !! best regars
  17. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the look of the samsung better than anything i've seen i just think it looks a more modern classier tv, thats my opinion. When i go tomorrow and check them out my hearts set on the samsung so unless the toshiba picture quality stands out a mile from the samsung then i know what tv i will be coming home with. What you were saying about the extra connections on the toshiba doesnt matter to me i will need 3 hdmi max i dont even need a scart socket, my digi box with hard drive is even hdmi and me music gets streamed through my pc3. Dont get me wrong i will defo check both tv's out but i kinda have a feeling what ones coming home :)

I think lol
  18. vinny2k

vinny2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well do post which 1 you come home with! Take a look at the sony too!
  19. visitorx

visitorx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thunda did u got the pics ?
  20. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yup sound one thanks
  21. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will let you all know what tv i chose tomorrow, thanks for the help everyone.
  22. thunda_600

thunda_600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got the samsung today and love it, im glad i got it today as the price is went up to £470 i paid £399. Picture looks great with built in freeview but i have connected it to my humax freeview through hdmi cable and its upscaled it to 720 which makes it a little sharper not sky hd standard but looks a lot sharper than normal freeview. Also played transformers via my laptop hdmi blue ray and it looks awesome.
  23. visitorx

visitorx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha great good choice :) pixmania is selling same tv for 630 still so yep it is a great bargain !! keep tweaking around till u get the bet picture.. now i am finding a samsung 5.1 home cinema to match my setup.. send me some pics of u can of ur setup :)

enjoy !
  24. ninja tattoo

ninja tattoo Member

Ratings:
    +10
    My old Sammy got damaged and so whilst Im saving for the LED 8 series I thought Id look for a good 32" to keep me going,

this little TV is breathtaking, more so because I got it from Comet on Saturday for £385. It was priced up at £469 but they price matched Currys plus give me the discount code so I was really happy that I got £85 knocked off this.

Superb little TV and great for using it with the laptop. I got a keyboard n mouse and connected the laptop via the VGA and Im really happy with it.
    Sky HD and the Xbox/PS3 look awesome on it also.

Ive not had chance to mess with the picture seetings much as yet but Im hoping someone can post up the optimum settings to get me started.

For less than £400 you cant get a better TV imho
  25. ds1980

ds1980 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so bought this yesterday and i don't game....just our lass doe sthe wii.

Don't have HD yet but will be getting it shortly.

Firstly stand is v hard to get on. I think it's meant to be some tilt thing but it felt to unstable to me so it is now tight!

Picture ain't great am i doing something wrong.

I have sky rigged up through scart then aerial from rf1 to tv) have coax to bedroom out rf2 with magic eye. Can't get free view do i have to plug external aerial in?? Where does this go into sky box?? Sorry bit of a nightmare with technology but a quick learner! Would having the aerial in make a differenc eto pic quality?

Pic doesn't come through ext (whatever tyhat is) it is on channel atv1??

any help is greatly received
  26. Curly99

Curly99 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,059
    this is the "which LCD should I buy?" forum, please ask any questions regarding the settings...etc in the main "LCD Televisions" forum.

Curly
  27. Av Master

Av Master Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I bought the Samsung LE32B530P7w tv from tescos 2 weeks ago for a bargin price of £400 as a replacement of my old samsung le26r7bdx which is now in the bedroom.
    I cannot find fault with this tv it looks amazing either on or off, the red edge at the bottom of the set looks great and makes it stand out from the other mass of black sets avalible.
    In standard def watching cable (virgin media) it has good picture quality after messing in the set up menus, when sat up close it will can be fuzzy and look washed out but from a good viewing position the picture is spot on, motion blur aint to bad for a tv with only 50hz i used the british grand prix as my reference point.
    I have my xbox 360 connected to it via HDMI and set to 1080p and its a very impressive picture much better than my old tv at 720p, again using call of duty 4 as my reference. I find it deals with the dark and light areas of the screen well and has ample features to allow you to get the perfect picture all it takes is a bit of time. Watching HD movies is also i feast for the eyes transformers looks fantastic as do original dvds when upscaled to near hd.
    All in all for £400 i dont think you will find a nicer looking tv with this many features, sure there are better ones but they come at a price.
  28. Houghtie14

Houghtie14 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have also been looking to get this T.V. but i've seen this LG which has better contrast ratio does this make much difference?

Which T.V. would be better for general freeview use and PS3 HDMI use?

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...eglcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&sku=883572&page=Product LG t.v.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  29. boxrick

boxrick Active Member

Ratings:
    +304
    Id say the LG is a much better set, better picture processing more responsive menu and controls alongside better sound quality. :thumbsup: