Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LCD TV Takes ages to turn on.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by winnart, Feb 25, 2009.

1. winnart

winnart Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a two year old Samsung LE40R7 LCD TV. When I switch it on, I can hear a clicking every few seconds and it eventually turns on after a few minutes. Has anyone an idea of what's wrong, is this something I could sort out myself or should I get someone out to repair it. I'd apreciate any advice.
    Thanks
  2. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,242
    get it looked at, it should turn on in seconds..
  3. IPSARO

IPSARO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This same exact thing is happening with our 46" LCD Samsung, of course the 1 year warranty just ran out in Jan 09. Did you have this problem checked out? If so, what was the problem? I hope it wasn't anything too expensive
  4. Alan CD

Alan CD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,271
    Hi

That problem will only get worse - engineer's visit required unfortunately.

From what you're saying that's a heat-related fault or a component about to fail (possibly a capacitor).

Alan
  5. winnart

winnart Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ipsaro,

I did take it to a repair engineer, I'm afraid you have no choice, but it was a simple fault which he fixed straight away. It was something to do with the switch or power supply and I think he may have put a small new part in there. it did cost me around £50 but then this is the Isle of Man where everything is twice as expensive as the UK. hope this helps.:) winnart
  6. paul211b

paul211b Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Had this clicking on my old 40 inch series 4 lcd.
    An engineer told me this is power problem and the new part is £120.
    My did not power on at all only had clicking and light flashes.
  7. winnart

winnart Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I should have mentioned before but I didn't think it was relevent. The engineer first told me that my set was beyond repair, but as soon as I asked for a written report so that I could possibly claim off my house insurance, he changed his mind and upon further inspection decided it was a simple fault. In future I would get a second opinion or even better phone Samsung for advice. Even though the product is out of waranty, they are still helpful.:) winnart
  8. Timker

Timker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a class problem with the main power board on Samsung LCD's built from 2005 through 2007. You will find an excellent discussion with links to articles discribing background, but more importantly, with the (very inexpensive) solution including a photo guide to the repair.
    TR Forums View topic - Samsung LCD TV - LNS4051 power on problem.:thumbsup: