Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LCD-TV LE40A756 (Series 7) - Store Demo problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by acoelhosantos, Dec 20, 2008.

1. acoelhosantos

acoelhosantos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I need all your help, i'm going crazy with this!

I have just bought a new Samsung Series 7 LCD-TV model LE40A756. The tv is big, the screen is bright, the design is wonderful, in short apparently all good.

After being playing with it for a couple of minutes, the TV entered "Store Demo" automatically. I didn't even understand what was this "Store Demo" mode but the one thing i immediately realized was that the remote control stopped working and also the tv embedded touch buttons.

I searched the manual, i searched the internet and I founf ways of disabling the "Store Demo" mode. I even did a reset to default on the TV and explicitely chose the "Home Mode" initially. But whatever I do I keep on going to "Store Demo" mode after a 30min timeout. I don't get it.

I have called Samsung, but they only work on weekdays. I also called the shop where i bought the TV and the clerk could help me, since this is too specific problem.

Help anyone?
  2. Alan CD

Alan CD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,276
    Hi

I have the Samsung A656, but it might be the same as yours.

The Store Demo is in the 'Plug & Play' feature. You need to go through all the fuctions again and choose 'Home Use', not 'Store Demo'. This should set it permanently.

Hope that helps.

Alan
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. acoelhosantos

acoelhosantos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can do that, and it sets the TV for home use. But 30min later, automatically, the "store demo" turns back on.

As I see it, the TV has some internal timer that sets every 30min the "store demo" back on. I don't even understand why is this feature even possible to set, without some special code or something.

There is no menu option, or any remarks in the manual for this Store demo timeout...
  4. Alan CD

Alan CD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,276
    OK. All I can suggest is that you reset all settings to factory default. Press and hold the EXIT button on the remote for some time.

See if that does the trick.

Alan
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. acoelhosantos

acoelhosantos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, done that. I configure it to Home mode and after the 30min it goes to the Store demo. I have already done that more than once. I'm running out of ideas.
  6. Adrian_F

Adrian_F Active Member

Ratings:
    +304
    From another forum..Press and Hold the Menu button until Dynamic pops up and then release.
  7. acoelhosantos

acoelhosantos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Done that. Dynamic keeps automatically comming and taking the standard picture mode out thus turning on the Store Demo. I've called support. Monday i'll have a technician here. I doubt he will be able to solve it. It really seems like a bug.
  8. rs1800

rs1800 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Did you find out the problem?
  9. acoelhosantos

acoelhosantos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have. It wasn't a known issue yet for my model, but it is a software bug. It should not happen. Once at the initial configuration you select the "Home Mode", never again are you supposed to be bothered with the "Demo/Shop/Store Mode".

After the confirmation of this software error, the TV was replaced. This one works perfectly fine (until now at least :p).

Thanks all of you for your help and replies.
  10. rs1800

rs1800 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Mine kept switching to dynamic range too but thanks to this and similar threads I did a reset and haven't had the problem since.