Samsung HT-Z310 Home Cinema System Hack Request

FX102

Standard Member
Reaction score
Recently bought this as part of a HD TV package from Curry's Digital, but I only just realised I forgot to ask about whether it was region-free. Not surprisingly, it wasn't.

Been searching the web for any region codes to unlock via the unit's remote, but no luck so far. If anyone has managed to find the code, please :lease:provide it. If its still to be unlocked, then I guess I'll have to take it to some place to do it for me (at a price).

me 2. i bought mine from america. and i cant belive i forgot to ask if it was multi Region!!

My brother got this one as part of a deal and I hunted around and found that most if not all HT variants have the same region free hack:

1. Remove disc from tray.
2. Switch off player and unplug from mains.
3. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect mains.
4. Turn on player with remote. Wait for player to finish loading and display 'no disc'.
5. Press enter on remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
6. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9 on the remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
7. Press enter on the remote. Player will automatically shut off.
8. Turn player on.
9. turn off.
10. Turn player off then on again.
11. Player is now region-free.

My brother did this on his ht-z310 and other than I think maybe the traty not openin g when it said it worked fine and his player is now region free.

I got this btw from:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=samsung+ht&hits=50&Search=Search

In case anyone wants to read up more before doing it.

Just thought I'd post here as noticed this thread when I was searching for the hack

Si

Wow this actually works, impressive.

Cool.

Plus my brother is a complete luddite so if he was able to follow the instructions and get it right eventually I figured all the technophiles here would have no issues :)

Thanks for the PM Sly, will check out if it works though from the other replies, seems results are positive. Now I can finally enjoy those R1 DVD's the way they were meant to be.

i tried it and the dvd player does go off but then it still says region error. Happens only on region 2 dvds.

Just did a quick check with my sons Samsung ht-z310 and can confirm it plays region 1 and 2 with no issues.
I see from she69's post the Samsung was bought in America and i think that is where the problem lies,i have read on other threads a lot of hacks work on reg.2 players but not the other way round ie converting a reg.1 to play reg.2.Cheers

Fraid I got a new problem, it worked when I first tried it, but I've been away for around 10 days and I switched off the mains to my home system.

Now, it seems the player is stuck as a Region 1 Only Machine and the hack no longer works, probably due to the reason explained above as it believes itself to be an American machine. At this rate, I may have to get hold of chipped model that will remain permanently region free.

Checked out the instructions and found a solution (goes to show we just don't read enough of them these days).

You can reset the system by switching off and holding down the stop button on the main unit (not remote) for over 5 seconds. Some lights will light up and the player will make some noise. When it returns to looking like its in standby, it will have been reset.

I haven't tried making it multi-region again yet as I don't want to reset it too much (all saved settings are erased when doing so)

Thank-you slyborg for the crack for samsung z310 home cinema it works a treat,,,,,,,cheers mate:thumbsup:

My brother got this one as part of a deal and I hunted around and found that most if not all HT variants have the same region free hack:

4. Turn on player with remote. Wait for player to finish loading and display 'no disc'.
8. Turn player on.
9. turn off.

My brother did this on his ht-z310 and other than I think maybe the traty not openin g when it said it worked fine and his player is now region free.

I got this btw from:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=samsung+ht&hits=50&Search=Search

Just thought I'd post here as noticed this thread when I was searching for the hack

Si

I made all the steps and I cannot play region 4 DVDs...
The link of www.videohelp.com does not have information about HT-Z310 models

These are the steps that I done following your intructions...

8. Turn player on. (NOT FROM REMOTE)
9. turn off. (NOT FROM REMOTE)
10. Turn player off then on again. (Here I tryed 2 ways turn on and off and on again and just turning on)

When turn off and on I need to wait the screen loading?

hi All,

I recently bought the Z310 in the USA. Unfortunately, it's Region 1 Locked, and I cannot watch my European (Region 2) DVDs. I've tried the hack posted above a number of times, but can't seem to unlock my system.

Does anyone know whether this hack works with the Z310 (Region 1)? Or is there a separate hack for region 1 systems?

thanks a lot!
Mark.

Hi, I am having similar problems!

I have the Samsung HT-Z310 originally set up for Region 1 (North America) and I am trying to unlock for all other regions (especially region 4). I did try the combination suggested by slyborg but it doesn't work. I have looked in other forums but I couldn't find any solution for that problem.

Does someone know how to unlock it?

Thanks,

Just tried the hack - worked first time - now plays all regions.

Thanks to the poster

Hi Everyone.

I have tried all the combinations listed below and my Samsung system does not accept it. I have done exactly as detailed below a number of times, even tried the turning off and on part at the player, with the remote, waiting for it to load , not waiting for it to load and it does not work.. everytime I try this and then try a region 2 DVD up comes the same error message..

Can anyone please help me, I am english and have loads of English DVDs I would like to avoid binning !!

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I am having similar problems!

I have the Samsung HT-Z310 originally set up for Region 1 (North America) and I am trying to unlock for all other regions (especially region 4). I did try the combination suggested by slyborg but it doesn't work. I have looked in other forums but I couldn't find any solution for that problem.

Does someone know how to unlock it?

Thanks,

Hi! I have the same problem for using region 4 DVD's have anyone found the solution? I think the solution is just for converting any other regions to region 1, right??

My DVD plays region 1 DVD's with no issue.

i followed the hack instructions,and then proceeded to watch a dvd which i purchased in florida a couple of years ago,and it started to play.when i finished,i switched it off with the remote and went off to bed.when i got up,i put the disc in and it wouldn't play,so i put a region 2 disc in and the "no disc" message appeared on screeni tried the hack again and got nothing,so i tried the reset,and still got nothing.does anybody know what i am doing wrong.

8. Turn player on.
9. turn off.

I got this btw from:

DVD Player and Blu-ray Player region codes - VideoHelp.com

Si

Apart from part 9 (how do you turn it off when its off already!)
It worked a charm on my HT-Z320

I can't get this hack to work and it's doing my head in!

Anyone got an update on this or does it just work on some systems and not others?

Any help appreciated!

May thanks for showing me how to unlock the dvd player.I never thought to ask when I bought it. Now plays everything so thanks gain.:thumbsup:

Hi, have this system with the posted hack for region free playback but i noticed it plays back my region 1 dvds in pal format rather that ntsc which introduces some stutter. has anybody else noticed this or is there a setting to bypass it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom