Samsung Galaxy S2 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend a high capacity battery replacement and supplier please?

Factory battery is 1650mAH. Looked on ebay and there's lots of capacities, 1800, 2100, 2300, 2450, 2680, not sure how genuine these are or if they have a detrimental effect on the phones performance?

Even into 3000's but don't want to change the back of the phone as it wont fit into my brodit holder in the car.

have the higher capacities actually worked for anyone, current battery is only lasting me a day, with hardly any use.

Can anyone recommend a high capacity battery replacement and supplier please?

Factory battery is 1650mAH. Looked on ebay and there's lots of capacities, 1800, 2100, 2300, 2450, 2680, not sure how genuine these are or if they have a detrimental effect on the phones performance?

Even into 3000's but don't want to change the back of the phone as it wont fit into my brodit holder in the car.

have the higher capacities actually worked for anyone, current battery is only lasting me a day, with hardly any use.

Not sure if this will still fit in a brodit cradle

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Ext...HRY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336733057&sr=8-1

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks so 2000make is enough then does it have to be an official Samsung?

I have to say after upgraging to ICS i am finding the transparency of the screen a bit wierd is there away to adjust this at all? as everything looks a little washed out ..!

Last edited:
Mine kies saying no update. Maybe I wait till ice cream two?

Up dated to ICS on orange, cant say I notice any difference, still the best phone in the world, love the way you can tweak it with things like go launcher etc. iphone can only look on in wonder.:laugh:

I'm still on 2.3.5. Just can't find any compelling reason to update? lol

This remains a pretty amazing phone. It's not out of it's depth against the current quad-core bunch and I can't see it missing anything major at all. There's not been a single thing I've wanted to do on this phone that hasn't been possible (besides it making me tea!).

I have been using it for a few weeks too and Still love it.

Its a great solid rom.

neuty
I’ve been on CM9 for a month or so now and love the fact they have nightly roms with ongoing fixes coming out almost every day - am I a geek in that the first thing I do when I get home is get the latest one downloading before anything else...?

Plus the boot animation is just amazing :D.

For anyone else willing to have a go using CM9, look here:
[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD - xda-developers

I’ve been on CM9 for a month or so now and love the fact they have nightly roms with ongoing fixes coming out almost every day - am I a geek in that the first thing I do when I get home is get the latest one downloading before anything else...?

Plus the boot animation is just amazing :D.

For anyone else willing to have a go using CM9, look here:
[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD - xda-developers

What (if anything) isn't yet working in CM9 on the SGS2?

What (if anything) isn't yet working in CM9 on the SGS2?
The latest nightly apparently had issues for some where their phone would restart when making a phone call but I tried mine this morning and it was ok.

I've also had a few problems with Titanium Backup crashing halfway through and displaying a kernal panic upload mode message so I gave up and just use the Clockworkmod backup in the boot menu now.

Words with Friends also used to have terrible trouble after making a move, the ad version especially and going into the messages screen used to cause problems with hanging but seems to be a bit better lately.

I've had no real issues with CM9 since I started using it (apart from when I put CM9 on first of all, forgot to install Google Apps and then spent nearly 20 mins trying to work out how was I meant to get anything from the Google Store... :rolleyes::D).

Also got my EFS folder backed up the other day through EFS Pro which I was happy about.

I'm tempted to install CM9. I have it on my Touchpad and love the clean ICS look. Is there any way at the moment Sky Go will work on a rooted phone?

I'm tempted to install CM9. I have it on my Touchpad and love the clean ICS look. Is there any way at the moment Sky Go will work on a rooted phone?

Have a look at the Sky Go thread in the Android Software part of this forum there was a test .apk from XDA that worked with ICS and I think rooted phones.

Can't confirm as my phone isn't rooted.

I loved CM9 so much on my SGS2 I traded for a Galaxy Nexus.

I don't miss the SGS2 as this is one slick cookie.

neuty

On the first page in that thread, the Display and About Phone shots, do they have the V and K behind them or has that just done that as a watermark on the images?

VK.PNG

Hope that image came out, I never know if they do or not despite checking...

On the first page in that thread, the Display and About Phone shots, do they have the V and K behind them or has that just done that as a watermark on the images?

Hope that image came out, I never know if they do or not despite checking...

Just a watermark....

They don't appear on the phone.

Screenshot_2012-05-23-16-30-19.png

Last edited:
Is there a way to see which apps are running in the background and draining the battery. When using task manager i Clear memory in ram manager, it says it closes 25apps?

I am really on the fence about updating to ICS what with all the horror stories.

atm I am still on

I9100XXKE4
GINGERBREAD.XWKE7

I am rooted as well and dont know whether I should unroot first or what will happen to programs if I do not do this and also re-rooting once updated.

I was paranoid enough about doing it the first time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom