Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Case and Protection Thread

Discussion in 'Samsung Mobile Phones' started by bigbaz, May 8, 2011.

1. bigbaz

bigbaz Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Thought it might be useful to start a dedicated thread on this subject

Case's / Screen protectors / recommendations / links

The Good The Bad and the Ugly :smashin::thumbsdow
  2. bigbaz

bigbaz Member

Ratings:
    +79
  3. Bebeto 94

Bebeto 94 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    How about renaming it as an accessories thread eg. carkits batteries etc
  4. the porter

the porter Active Member

Ratings:
    +671
  5. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    Slightly OT as I'm waiting for mine, but I don't think I'll ever pay more than about a fiver for a case for a phone ever again. I spent £20 on an SGP Neo Hybrid case for my iphone 4, a few drops later it was as good as screwed, and it never seemed to fit properly at the best of times.

Then, I spent £3 on one on ebay for my Incredible S and it was far superior, it looked good, and it fitted really well.

So, with that in mind, this is the one I'm waiting for (thought I would have had it by now, mind).

BLACK S-LINE GEL CASE COVER SAMSUNG I9100 GALAXY S 2 S2 on eBay (end time 31-May-11 22:32:59 BST)
  6. ASIL3NTK1LLER

ASIL3NTK1LLER Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I bought one of those S cases and they are alright for the money but I think I will get a Zenus Carbon or wait and hope Vaja make one. I didn't like the look and feel of my phone in the S case for some reason. Currently using some crappy sleeve I got from a 2.5" enclosure I bought off ebay.

The one I got is more or less the same as above, if not the same, it was £2 delivered a couple of days ago but he has since put the price up. Black S Curve Case £2.45 It arrived the day after I ordered so couldn't fault the service.

Not sure if I can link to other forums but there is a thread here with pics of the soon to be released Zenus cases. Some are already on Zenuscase.net but I really want the Prestige Mono Carbon or the Real Black.
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  7. Bebeto 94

Bebeto 94 Member

Ratings:
    +7
  8. nikz06

nikz06 Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Ive got an S curve case fits well npw waiting for something a bit better got an SGP screen protector shipped from Korea should arrive soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AVForums
  9. bigbaz

bigbaz Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I ordered the same one from the same seller on the 02/05 and its still not arrived! I emailed to enquire the reason why its taking so long? RM Easter backlog was the answer :rolleyes:
  10. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    Still hadn't arrived today, not too happy as it's been a week now. At least it seems I'm not alone.
  11. bigbaz

bigbaz Member

Ratings:
    +79
  12. nikz06

nikz06 Member

Ratings:
    +69
  13. S21

S21 Member

Ratings:
    +21
  14. AVreturn

AVreturn Member

Ratings:
    +22
  15. jonas000

jonas000 Member

Ratings:
    +14
  16. lead

lead Member

Ratings:
    +63
    At the moment I'm using one of these, but I'm not 100% happy with it.

I'm rather liking this, in 'Dante Red'.
  17. Wronghole

Wronghole Member

Ratings:
    +54
  18. =adrian=

=adrian= Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,841
    Got mine yesterday, can't see the point of using either a case or screenprotector.

Any recommendations of car holder?
  19. Wronghole

Wronghole Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Lol when you drop and smash a phone due to lack of a case you will.. I did
  20. =adrian=

Ratings:
    +2,841
    I'm not a superman or batman but I have never dropped any of my phones yet... 10-15 years? Having said that it does not mean that I won't drop the new phone tonight, tomorrow or in near future, **** happens... If I do however no case will save it anyway. Waste of money IMO... and no, I do not pay for phone insurance either.

Any recommendations for car holder? I think I will wait until official one will be available, but I'm opened for suggestions :smashin:
  21. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    I dropped my Incredible S by accident onto a tiled toilet floor at work. I have no doubt that if I didn't have a case on it, it would have at least sustained a dent or scratch.

I paid less than £3 for my case, and it looks OK and will protect the phone in the event of a drop onto a hard surface. Granted, I rarely drop my phones either and I don't bother with insurance either, but I'd definitely disagree that a case would not at least prevent minor drop damage to a phone.

Also, if you accidentally have keys or coins in your pocket, these can scratch the casing (as I found out with my old iphone 3G and SGS1).

Realistically, most owners will want to sell their phones after they upgrade, so why not keep it looking nice so you can get more for the phone; you'll get more than your money back for the case if its like new.

I don't spend more than £3 on a case, since there's no need - though I do like the look of the forthcoming official samsung case with kick stand but that'll be more than £3 but for that feature alone I'd be tempted! Last time I spent more than that was for my SGP Neo Hybrid case for the iphone 4 which was £20 and I dropped the phone and permanently damaged the case. Waste of £20. The £3 cases offer more protection!

No point in screen protectors though - these phones have gorilla glass and should not be easy to scratch. If you do manage it, then I doubt the screen protector would save it anyway.
  22. the porter

the porter Active Member

Ratings:
    +671
    mine allready has a scratch on the screen after a day god knows how but its there maybe change the name to poodle glass
  23. True Romance

True Romance Active Member

Ratings:
    +827
    Anyone recommend a good belt clip case for this phone? Also a good screen protector, are the cheap ebay/amazon ones any good???

Cheers,
    TR.
  24. =adrian=

Ratings:
    +2,841
    Well, against everything I said here I've just ordered official SGS2 case :facepalm:
  25. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    Where did you order one? It only seems to be available on pre-order?

Going against what I said (as its certain to be more than 3 quid!) I am tempted too if just for the kick stand.
  26. ASIL3NTK1LLER

ASIL3NTK1LLER Member

Ratings:
    +12
    If it's the one I think it is this buyer is accepting offers of around £6. SKU-SAMGS2CCBL

EDIT: Just seen your after the one with the kickstand, my bad.
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  27. =adrian=

Ratings:
    +2,841
    Ive ordered the one linked above (black vent), you can get them on ebay and amazon
  28. the porter

the porter Active Member

Ratings:
    +671
    Be careful with the barely there case from ebay the screen protector doesn't fit its way too small and no cut out button
  29. spookydarren

spookydarren Member

Ratings:
    +66
    I went for one of these, I know it's a gel case and won't provide full protection but I love the weight of the s2 and didn't want to spoil it. Cases usually ruin phones, the iPhone 4 is a perfect example of a beautiful bit of kit but you need to shove it in a case which ruins the aesthetic or risk damage to the screen and sides. Has anyone else noticed how many people have got iPhones with smashed screens but they are still using them?

NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY S II 2 I9100 S2 TPU JELLY COVER CASE on eBay (end time 11-Jun-11 22:16:58 BST)
  30. DrMekon

DrMekon Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Im really after a case that offers some protection for the camera lense.. a simple slide over lense cover, or even a velcro strap I could peel pack when wanting to take pics...

I dont understand why phones with hi spec cameras have such exposed lenses!!... Afterall, the camera is functional, the edges of the case arent!

The only thing I could find for me 3gs was a Clarify case, which provided a small lense to enhance pictures, but provided great proteciton for the camera lense itself...

I dont want a pouch, sock, or flip case...