Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung factory reset

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by markus625, Dec 6, 2010.

1. markus625

markus625 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    just thought i would post this below just in case someone decides they need to do a factory reset without going into the service menu.

Taken from link below.

Performing a factory reset.

Performing A Factory Reset
    Background

Technicians resolve many TV service calls by entering the service menu and performing a Factory Reset. Now, all 2008 model televisions have a Factory Reset feature you can use to reset your TV to the factory settings without entering the service menu.

Important: When you perform a Factory Reset, all your settings revert to factory defaults. These settings include all picture and sound settings, all channel menu settings including memorized channels, all clock and timer settings, and any other settings you made through the menu. In addition, if you had your TV professionally calibrated, you may lose the calibration settings if the calibration was not done through the service menu.

How to Perform a Factory Reset

To perform a Factory Reset, follow these steps:

1. With the TV on, press and hold EXIT on the TV remote for 10 seconds.

2. The Factory Reset screen appears displaying a warning message. Understand that all your settings revert to factory settings if you run the Factory Reset function.

Note: When the Factory Reset screen appears, Cancel is initially highlighted. If you want to cancel the Factory Reset function, press ENTER now. Otherwise, go to Step 3.

3. Press the ◀ to highlight OK, and then press ENTER.

After the TV completes the Factory Reset, it powers itself off. When you power the TV on for the first time after the Factory Reset, the Plug & Play screen appears just as if you had turned the TV on for the first time.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. Modelistis

Modelistis Member

Ratings:
    +40
    It works on my PS50C7000, i´ve already tested this some time ago...
  3. saisallo

saisallo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    urgent:

please i need to know if this reset also resets the firmware version I.e. it reinstalls the factory firmware too.
    thanks

( i need to go back from 3003 fw to 2004 version)
  4. Digicon

Digicon Active Member

Ratings:
    +304
    The Factory reset is for the TV settings only and will not restore the samsung firmware, as of yet there is no way of downgrading the firmware.
  5. KhalJimbo

KhalJimbo Active Member

Ratings:
    +785
    Also if changes are made inside the service menu and you do a reset it will not undo the changes you made in the service menu. It will reset your TV to the latest changes made inside the service menu.