Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung ES8000 flashing to smart hub

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by mra1989, Dec 11, 2012.

1. mra1989

mra1989 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed about a week ago my tv will randomly flash to the smart hub interface for a split second and then back to whatever input it's on. I thought maybe it was an update issue so I updated the software and the problem still has continued. Anyone having this problem or know what it is?
  2. Heraklitus

Heraklitus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having this same problem! It's driving me nuts. It happens once about two minutes after turning the TV on. The input source doesn't seem to make any difference. I would love to know what the heck is going on, I can't figure it out.

Edit: I have a UN60ES7100, so this issue likely applies to many models.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. Heraklitus

Heraklitus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know Samsung is doing maintenance on the smart hub stuff this evening, maybe that's related somehow?
  4. aerofly2

aerofly2 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    If you go onto the ES8000 owners thread, this problem is being discussed right now, and sorry to say it looks like a motherboard problem. However Samsung have been very good in swapping out faulty boards.
  5. Heraklitus

Heraklitus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Link to the relevant posts? I didn't see anything there. Seems weird though that a sudden problem like this occurring at the same time (my issue also started a week ago) across multiple models would be a motherboard defect. A software issue or problem with the smart hub service strikes me as much more likely.
  6. Heraklitus

Heraklitus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, someone on another forum contacted them about it and got this response:

"I got a reply from Samsung's Customer Support today when I complained about this issue: I have copied the email below, hopefully this should resolve it.
    "We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer. We understand that your Smart Hub will automatically flash on the screen of your TV.
    We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with our TV. This is an issue that occured with the last firmware update for this TV. Samsung has recognized the issue and we will be sending out a new firmware version to correct this on 12/20/2012. We apologize for the inconvenience of this and thank you for your patience while we get this issue resolved.""

So it's a firmware issue that will be fixed soon.
  7. mikebabs

mikebabs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My new samsung UN46ES7500 is still flashing the smart hub about 2 mins into a power on........Any news on an update???? Thanks....
  8. aftos11

aftos11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a UN65ES6500 with the same issue. Contacted Samsung support. They couldnt resolve the issue. They suggested to contact retailer for a new TV. Had retailer bring me a new TV...Same issue on 2nd TV. Contacted Samsung support again. They said its a software issue and that Samsung engineers are working on the problem with a fix to be out in the next couple of days. That was 2 weeks ago. Contacted Samsung support again today, they said they dont have any current issues with the TV and to call make a service appointment. Really? Took a video of the issue and posted it on youtube. It occurs around the 36 second mark.
    Very annoying!!!
  9. mikebabs

mikebabs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I contacted Samsung about 4 days ago and via email they stated that they are aware and a software update is in the making...Said a "few" days.......My "flash" always occurs at the 2 min mark from a fresh power on.....It HAS to be software..I think....LOL............If it was a HARDWARE issue it would be random...and....it only occurs once per cycle......Its too predictable to be hardware.......
  10. aftos11

aftos11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Talked to my retailer. They said they have had a number of people with the same issue. He stated they replaced boards on a few. They further stated if issue not resolved in a couple of weeks they would upgrade me to a Sony......better model for no additional cost to me. Thats all I am giving Samsung.....2 weeks.
  11. Milosch

Milosch Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem here still. I think it might also have something to do with the problem that after powering on the system, including a Yamaha RX-V673 and ARC, it will automatically switch on the audio return channel after 20-30 seconds. All of my sources are going through the receiver except for when using Amazon video on the TV itself. So, after power up I have to select the TV Viewing Scene on the Yamaha. After this, it switches back and forth like its supposed to.
  12. darrellriddle

darrellriddle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have both a ES 55" and a 60". My 60" was bought in May and my 55" was bought in November of last year. They worked perfectly until the late November update. It happens on both now. I have Standby Mode Upgrades on, but I am still checking every few days to see if it has been fixed.
  13. aftos11

aftos11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Think they fixed it. My TV updated yesterday....Seems like the same version. Problem has not happened since. Anyone else?