Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Default PIN?

Discussion in 'Samsung Mobile Phones' started by Toonaroond, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Toonaroond

Toonaroond Member

Ratings:
    +34
    HI, have inherited a Pay & Go (O2) Samsung E330N and am a complete amateur when it comes to phones.

Problem is that I want to put my girlfriends pay as you go SIM into it but don't know the code to turn the phone on. Is there a default Samsung PIN code? It's not 0000 or 5555 like other phones I've had, it says it wants something longer...

Any ideas?

Cheers
  2. ram33

ram33 Member

Ratings:
    +72
    try 00000000 (8x0)
    are you sure its not asking for the unlocking code? ie are you putting a non o2 sim in?
    if its asking for the pin code then that is for the sim card- not the phone
  3. Toonaroond

Toonaroond Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Cheers for reply

Looking at it again it says "network lock" and asks for a password - does this mean it needs unlocking and how do you do that?
  4. siany

siany Member

Ratings:
    +23
    That means it's locked and will only accept sim cards from the network it was locked onto.

Some market stalls offer phone unlocking services and there should be one near you, although I'm not sure how much this will cost - I think it depends on the phone.
  5. Toonaroond

Toonaroond Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Cheers for that.
    Have contacted O2 and switched my girlfriends number onto one of their SIMs - this is free so preferable to paying to get the phone unlocked.

Ta