1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung D6530 series LED

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by roxyskinflint, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JollyRoger66

JollyRoger66 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Stuart

I've had the same problem on a 40". I'm using wifi and have the additional problem that the network quite often 'fails' so I have to reset it by turning off the mains power to the TV and then re-entering the wifi security code on power up - tedious.

So far, I'm not very impressed with SmartHub!

Roger
  2. DJStarscream

DJStarscream Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey Guys,

What deal do I go for? Richer Sounds pricematch JL now at £612 for the UE32D6530 which includes Skype Camera (don't need so I could sell or swap for something; if they let me), 2 pairs of glass and Megamind 3D.

Or;

Shall I wait until later in the month when they will be doing the Premium Remote with it at Richer Sounds? Afterall, it's only a fancy remote; or does it do other things other than switching the channel and having a QWERTY?

I don't see how the price will drop much lower than £612 considering it is Samsung's highest, easily obtained, mid-ranged model; until they're about to wheel out the 'E' range next year.

Let me know :)
  3. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Thanks for the reply, i have had samsung engineer round who seemed to think there was nothing wrong with the hub. but he has gone away to speak with some tech people and will get back to me in the next few days... So will update when he does.

lol, just had a phone call from them.... Thay are saying that the problem is samsung's servers keeps refreshing and removing all the apps. and have advised it should be resolved within the next few days.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  4. dh1raj

dh1raj Member

Ratings:
    +5
    As far as I know the Samung app is only availble (officially) on certain android phones, like Samsung Galaxy S2

also I think even if you have the app on your phone, dualview is only available if you have a d7000 or d8000 tv. Although i'd like to be proven wrong as I'm thinking of getting a d6530. I guess the same app only shows remote control functionality if you have d6530.

can anybody else confirm?
  5. LIQU1D5NAKE

LIQU1D5NAKE Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Dual view does work with d6530 but only with the official premium remote, most places are giving free now with the set
  6. Graham27

Graham27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +788
    I've been hanging off as I'd much rather have the Touchscreen remote than a Skype camera or Blu-Ray player, but Richer Sounds still don't seem to have it, and I can't really find anywhere else either. Is it an in-store only thing, or am I just hopeless at finding it? :D
  7. pj

pj Member

Ratings:
    +170
    i had a quick play with one at best buy it was cool but if you already have an iphone etc there wouldnt be much use unless u want to watch tv on it in another room etc:thumbsup:
  8. Graham27

Graham27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +788
    I do have an iPod touch, is the Premium Remote software just the same as the iPhone app?
  9. Muffminer

Muffminer Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Picked up a 46" earlier in the week, and really is a nice TV! Coming from a 6 year old LCD jump in HD quality was welcome. Just need to get the 3D glasses now though.

Quick question, what media servers are you guys using to run videos off your network? I have TVersity but it doesn't like playing .avi files on the TV but will play fine through the PS3, any ideas?
  10. devastator

devastator Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Serviio can play most stuff fine.
  11. shireknight

shireknight Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been noticing this as well and it seems to be early and current digital 2D programmes that it effects.

Old 2D programmes like Doctor Who from the 70's perfect, Blue ray DVD's perfect so it's clearly not the TV however on some DS9 episodes I've noticed that when they show close up's of people faces it's like the TV can't lock onto their face because the pixels are constantly changing so one minute their face looks detailed and you can see all the natural wrinkles in the skin and the next second they look slightly blurred and you can't see any detail on their skin.

Recorded sports programmes seem to be hit especially badly, I still have some footage from this years Wimbledon stored on the hard drive of my DVD recorder and when you pause the image it's atrocious, far, far worse then my old Sony CRT TV which was made 12 years ago.
  12. anil2

anil2 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Anyone know wheres the best deals for the Samsung UE40D6510? It appears knowones doing the free glasses and bluray anymore. Wish a bought that Amazon offer a couple weeks ago lol
  13. Robz

Robz Member

Ratings:
    +0
  14. jcornish

jcornish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info graham! Good to know i have that option. Though a little worried about the sound quality. Found a cute little gizmo by Lindy. A digital audio converter that takes a digital/optical signal and outs it as analogue via regular phono leads. About £35. Will let you know how I get on with it. I can't be only person wanting to use their hi-fi for sound.

One other question: is the stand black or silver? Appears black in all the photos but at least some people have silver stands...
  15. Daniel Lewis

Daniel Lewis Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You might be better to go with: UE40D6530+BDD5500|Samsung UE40D6530 3DTV+Samsung BDD5500 - Robert Whyte Ltd

Samsung UE40D6530 40inch Ultra Slim 3D TV + Free Samsung BDD5500 3D Blu Ray Player Free 5 year warranty on TV,2 Free Pairs of 3D Glasses.

I'm trying to find the cheapest deal for the 40" and have only come across this offering the best value as most places have dropped the blu ray as part of the package.
  16. jumborat

jumborat Member

Ratings:
    +69
    The stand is silver, nearly every retailer seems to show the 6570 which does have a black stand but seemingly intended for sale outside the UK.
  17. nif619

nif619 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Hi All

I got myself a shiny new 6530 delivered yesterday and early impressions are very good.
    It really is a massive improvement on my old samsung plasma.
    Watching the golf in HD last night was a joy to behold.
    One question though, I know somebody else touched on this previously but what are people using to stream media to this tv? the samsung allshare app seems poor to me and my ps3 media server is detected but wont play anything.
    I tried serviio last night and again, wouldnt play everything I wanted it to.
    I mainly have my ripped dvd's files in m4v format from handbrake and I cannot get the tv to play them using any of the above programs.
    Also, the tv dont seems to like images taken on my iphone 4 camera.
    Any ideas / suggestion would be much appreciated.
  18. barrysprout

barrysprout Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm now using wild media server which so far has allowed me to stream everything I've got including 1080p .mkv's and half sbs mkv's. You can download a free trial to make sure it suits your needs.
  19. anil2

anil2 Member

Ratings:
    +11
  20. Curly99

Curly99 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.