Samsung D6530 series LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just brought the samsung D6530 40inch and was wondering what setting everyone had. I have virgin media hd being installed on saturday and think the tv is excellent. I play ps3 on it and fifa 2011 looks unreal..... but do people use game mode.... My screen setting is currently set to standard but was wondering what other people were using. Any help be much appreciated? Also I have a mac anyone know a way I can get allshare and also as with updates I have set up the tv to wifi does the tv not automatically update itself?

Thanks again. I'll give this another go.

I'd brought up the USB via a menu (possibly via the smartTV menus) and it would only list an "image" folder but couldn't display the actual files (as they weren't video, music or photo files I assume)

Will report back after I've been at my folks again next week. :D

John Lewis will price match this. £800 at richer sounds too with a Blu ray and glasses.

Thanks for the tip. :)

I called John Lewis up but they told me to go to their website and fill out some price match form which can take up to 24 hrs before u can get a response.

Richer sounds seems to have it cheapest but only comes with one year warranty and I really need 5 years. Richer sounds will throw in 5 years warranty for an extra £80 then + delivery charge that comes to £25 bringing it to £930. :eek:

Maybe i'll call Richer sounds and haggle with them and see if they can throw in the 5 years warranty for free. :rolleyes:

How is this set with games? Laggy or perfectly fine? I have read that games look great with this set, but are they playable? Afterall, if they're laggy, it'd be like owning a Veyron without any money left for petrol lol!

I've put my eyes on this TV, but not only is it hard to buy where I live (Norway), it is also extremely expensive. The D6515 is available starting at 13.000 NOK (1475 GBP or 1670 EUR).

My roots are in Holland and I have an option to buy a D6530 there and get it shipped relatively cheaply to Norway without having to pay taxes. The big question is of course, how does this work out with warranty?

I have called Samsung in The Netherlands, they forwarded me to Samsung Norway. Samsung Norway explained that warranty should be no problem, in case I fill in a 'EU Bloc Warrenty' form at the dealer. This way I would get 1 year of 'normal' warranty. Well, not only was this young helpdesk guy rather unsure, also am I skeptical to anything that is called 'EU' since Norway is not part of the EU. I would be much more at ease if it was called European Warranty.

The website of Samsung is unfortunately unclear about this and I was hoping to get some of you guys to think with me. If you haven't got any experience on this subject, I at least appreciate your opinion on whether it is stupid or smart to buy a telly in Holland and bring it over to Norway. It sure as hell saves a lot of money...

Thanks again. I'll give this another go.

I'd brought up the USB via a menu (possibly via the smartTV menus) and it would only list an "image" folder but couldn't display the actual files (as they weren't video, music or photo files I assume)

Will report back after I've been at my folks again next week. :D

I'm pretty certain I went into the TV's support menu where I could see the TV's current firmware version and in there was the option to update to the latest version (I think it was "update via USB drive")

You'll certainly notice the TV updating itself because it takes quite a while and there is a big progress bar telling you how far the update is into the process just like when you download files from the web or update your anti virus definition files.

I called John Lewis up but they told me to go to their website and fill out some price match form which can take up to 24 hrs before u can get a response.

Richer sounds seems to have it cheapest but only comes with one year warranty and I really need 5 years. Richer sounds will throw in 5 years warranty for an extra £80 then + delivery charge that comes to £25 bringing it to £930. :eek:

Maybe i'll call Richer sounds and haggle with them and see if they can throw in the 5 years warranty for free. :rolleyes:

JL won't match richer sounds because the bluray players in the bundles are different.

jl = D5500
RS = C5900

Picked up the 40 inch from Richer sounds

Got them to price match with Robert Whyte which was doing the same deal with 5 years warranty inc delivery for £877.79.

UE40D6530+BDD5500|Samsung UE40D6530 3DTV+Samsung BDD5500 - Robert Whyte Ltd

They first said they wouldn't match it as the Blu Ray player wasn't the same model. I argued that the offer said free blu ray player and glasses and that I assumed i was paying for just the Tv and that the player and glasses were being chucked in as freebies.

Manager said he would do it for £867.81 but I would have to pay for my delivery charges. I agreed and asked if there was a mini cab office i could call. Manager called mini cab company who said they will drop it for £16 (I only live about 15 mins away but don't drive). Manager said he didn't know i lived close by and then paid for the cab fare with me riding shotgun.

so in the end worked out as
40 inch Model
5 years warranty
Blu ray player
2 active shutter glasses
delivery
£867.81.

Apparently if i want to redeem the Megamind in 3D BR disc i need to redeem some code found inside the blu ray player box. (shame about that was gonna sell the player as i have 2 ps3s and can't see the reason to have a stand alone BR player :D)

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, some really good posts on here. :smashin:

JL will price match against Robert Whyte Ltd because even though they are an online retailer they have a shop in Glasgow (they will deliver anywhere in the UK so it doesn't matter where they are). They are currently offering the 40 inch D6530 with 5 year warranty plus BDD5500 Blu ray and 2 pairs of 3100 glasses (same package as JL) for £859.99 less a special 2% discount which brings it down to £842.79. You have to add on a delivery charge of £34.99 which takes it to £877.78. It's a bit above your £800 target but it's still a bargain. I got JL to PM on a similar package from Robert Whyte, you just need to break down the offer in the PM request being careful to explain the extra 2% off. A couple of weeks ago RW were offering just the tv and specs for about £780 (that included a 3% discount code from the website), might be worth calling them to see if they plan to offer that again.

UE40D6530+BDD5500|Samsung UE40D6530 3DTV+Samsung BDD5500 Samsung - Robert Whyte Ltd

Cheers.

Nice one! Well done for being persistent. You can obviously ignore my last post!

Last edited:
lol just seen your second post, have edited mine as there is no need. Cheers again:smashin:

Ordered 46" D6530 to go with samsung bd d6500 bluray, onkyo 509 receiver with Boston acoustics 5.1.
Everything set up and ready to go but Amazons so called next day delivery (ordered Wednesday night) is as consistent as the rather terrible city link!! Live in Scotland and supposed to have on Friday before 1pm so I phoned up city link wondering what up and they say "we really are terribly sorry but we have sent the tv to the wrong depot". I ask what depot?? They say "it's in Plymouth!!!" ***?!? That's the other end of the country.
The guy explained that they must have made a serious error and I should get my tv by next Tuesday. Well thank **** I paid the extra for express delivery!!! Amazon you have your moments........ :-(

Can't wait to try the system though. Also have sky hd and xbox 360. Will post pics when I get it setup. Just slightly concerned that my tv is now touring the country before arrival. Seems the chances of damage etc are increasing for me. :-/

Got the Tv set up and wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww :eek: The picture quality can't be explained in words. The HD feels and looks so sharp, it makes my old tv 37" LCD samsung LE37M8 look like black and white.

The set up was so easy basically plug and play. It found my ps3 in seconds and named it ps3 automatically and set up the Anynet+ sync with the remote control.

The Smart Hub was easy to access and I was shocked on how clear the the Youtube videos were as well as bbc iPlayer (watched the final of the apprentice using the 2D to 3D conversion and was impressed)

Like others on this forum I was concerned about size as this Tv is in my bedroom which is quite close to the bed. The Tv is so thin and takes so little space you could actually fit a larger size then your used too. its funny cos my old 37 LCD samsung now looks twice the size of my 40 LED. Im now thinking I could have easily have bought a 46"

On one negative note, I did notice there was quite some bleed from the corners of the screen on certain black backgrounds which were more noticeable when watching in 3D. I only knew to look for them as i have an iPad 2 and there was a big thing about bleeding on that device which made me go looking for it.

Does anyone know any tests on how to check for bleeds within the actual tv?

Apart from that its been smooth sailing. Here are some pics

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 522
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 495
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 576
Is it just me, or have Robert Whyte's prices increased substantially?

I'm stuck between this and the Panasonic ST30. The Panny is cheaper but the Samsung looks twice as nice. :(

Does anyone know if the d6530/d6510 is better then last years c8000 series 8 tv?

I'm stuck between this and the Panasonic ST30. The Panny is cheaper but the Samsung looks twice as nice. :(
samsung does look twice as nice as long as its not dark and u dont use it for watching movies...honestly I dont think shadow detail and clouding could get any worse then this..it is black but black black and no details ..Ive been using it for a month thus my opinion

I had delivery of the 46" D6530 yesterday, which I had ordered via Amazon on Friday afternoon. I had chosen this model over ones by Panasonic and LG because in my opinion it had far superior 2d display as well as well look awesome. Once I had set it up it looked cool and friends were saying how great it looked - it looked like a grands worth of tv. HOWEVER after a few hours watching the tv yesterday, the set seems to have developed a fault. A dark vertical patch of about 9cm has formed which goes horizontally from the left top of the screen to the right top of the screen. Though the screen image is still showing, that part seems greyer than the rest. There's nothing I can do to correct. I think it may be what you guys call ghosting/banding. I am very annoyed and have sought an immediate replacement. It's a shame as I was really enjoying watching it. my picture setting was 'dynamic' and i uploaded the new drivers etc. Did/does anyone have a similar problem?

I had delivery of the 46" D6530 yesterday, which I had ordered via Amazon on Friday afternoon. I had chosen this model over ones by Panasonic and LG because in my opinion it had far superior 2d display as well as well look awesome. Once I had set it up it looked cool and friends were saying how great it looked - it looked like a grands worth of tv. HOWEVER after a few hours watching the tv yesterday, the set seems to have developed a fault. A dark vertical patch of about 9cm has formed which goes horizontally from the left top of the screen to the right top of the screen. Though the screen image is still showing, that part seems greyer than the rest. There's nothing I can do to correct. I think it may be what you guys call ghosting/banding. I am very annoyed and have sought an immediate replacement. It's a shame as I was really enjoying watching it. my picture setting was 'dynamic' and i uploaded the new drivers etc. Did/does anyone have a similar problem?

Yes, I had 2 of these with the same problem you mention, the first one had a thick band through the centre and a thinner one near the top so i returned it for a replacement which had about 8 of the bands but alot thinner so i just got a refund.
Both were the 46 version

Just ordered the 40" set.
Looking forward to it's arrival :D

I just have a qestion about the 3D-Modes - is frame sequential mode or respectively frame packing supported by the D6530 Series or only SBS?

Last edited:
NiffStipples said:
I just have a qestion about the 3D-Modes - is frame sequential mode or respectively frame packing supported by the D6530 Series or only SBS?

It does stereoscopic, SBS and 2D->3D modes. I don't know if the ones you say are the same as any of those?!

I'm just wondering about a review on amazon.co.uk by a user called "EVJ". According to him watching 3D movies or playing games in 3D is very "blocky" because of poor resolution. Got me thinking about if i should buy the d6530 or just wait for the next series :/

Btw. i'm planning to go for the 32" version, so i'm not sure if it makes any difference at this small size?!

Has anyone else had problems with AllShare and MP3-files. For me pictures and movies work, but when trying to play MP3-files it says "File Format Not Supported."

NiffStipples said:
I'm just wondering about a review on amazon.co.uk by a user called "EVJ". According to him watching 3D movies or playing games in 3D is very "blocky" because of poor resolution. Got me thinking about if i should buy the d6530 or just wait for the next series :/

Btw. i'm planning to go for the 32" version, so i'm not sure if it makes any difference at this small size?!

I've not noticed anything like that on my 46", the 3d I have watched has been pin-sharp. I have a feeling that they may be referring to the streamed 3d content that's available via the smart hub, which does have quite a lot of macro-blocking due to the low bit-rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom