1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung D6530 series LED

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by roxyskinflint, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johndrake

johndrake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can someone please give me
    their picture figures i.e

between 1-100 for the settings

backlight, colour, etc

not sure how to get the best picture

thanks
  2. jamesf303

jamesf303 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    MKV streaming from DLNA (readydlna on my readynas NAS) definitely works on 1012 firmware @ 1080p.
  3. jumborat

jumborat Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Obviously, different people like different things but my settings are:

backlight 12
    contrast 80
    brightness 45
    sharpness 25
    colour 50
  4. johndrake

johndrake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks,

what movie files work on this tv as have alot on computer

cheers
  5. DJStarscream

DJStarscream Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Anyone have any more pictures? :)
  6. FlatHead

FlatHead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pedro,

I really want to like this TV since it has the looks, great functionality and a good 2D PQ until it gets dark in the room.... I may have fallen victim to the infamous "panel lottery". It seems that 37" panels are not from Samsung but from some dodgy Chinese manufacturer. The sizes 32" and 40" could be better, I don't know, but it is quite stressful just to order a TV, unpacking it, check it, packing it again and send it back and wait for the refund. This could take weeks perhaps months before I have a telly that I want to keep.

If it turns out that other brands have identical problems, then I'll just get this TV and put up with some clouding and corner flashlighting while watching a movie in letterbox mode.

Cheers,
    FlatHead
  7. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Hi,

Does anyone have the problem with the smart Hub,It can be ok for a few hours, then when you start it, it says there is a update and removes all the apps.

There was a update for the tv so i put that on but its still doing the same.

I have the 46"

Any ideas.

Thanks

Stuart
  8. newhamish

newhamish Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Here are some of my new UE32D6530 and SSG-3700CR Glasses.

Very nice TV:thumbsup:

Box
    [​IMG]

Box Close Up
    [​IMG]

Remote
    [​IMG]

Glasses and Packaging
    [​IMG]

Glasses
    [​IMG]

Glasses Close Up
    [​IMG]

TV
    [​IMG]

TV Close Up
    [​IMG]
  9. newhamish

newhamish Member

Ratings:
    +1
    TV Side
    [​IMG]

TV Birdseye
    [​IMG]

********************:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:********************
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. creepy

creepy Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Just been watching the Man City - Man Utd game on my 32d6530 and I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the TV's ability to cope with fast ball movements. Admittedly I was watching the SD transmission of the game but everytime the ball travelled at speed it sort of became semi-transparent and difficult to follow. I fiddled with the motion settings but this seemed to make little difference. I do not recall any such problems with my Sony 32EX503.
  11. happyspider

happyspider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - really pleased with my UE55D6530 so far (after a few hours). As a newbie to Smart TV I just had a couple of questions to ask...

1. I connect my TV to an Onkyo TX-SR508 which is connected to Sky HD, Blu-Ray 3D (as of tomorrow). When watching the Sky 3D channel took me a while to get to grips with the fact that I need to change the settings to 3D. My first question is do I have to keep changing these settings every time I move from 2D to 3D on Sky? Or is there a quick way of doing it?

2. I have heard about Audio Return Channel - my understanding is that if I stream music from my laptop or by viewing BBC iPlayer I should be able to get the audio through to the amp but I can't seem to do it. Any ideas?

Many Thanks!
  12. Rumz

Rumz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just come back from Bentall centre in Kingston and they have an offer for the 46d6530, skype camera, 2 pairs of glasses and megamind, 5 year warranty for £1245. Is that worth it?

Good thing about these guys is that they do 0% interest free finance for either 1 year (if you spend £750 or above) or 2 years (if you spend £1500 or above).

I'm thinking of buying this along with a samsung 5.1 (ht something) blueray speaker package which is £350 to take it upto the £1500 mark. Is that a wise move?

I really like the twin view remote. Are you able to pick it up separately and use it on the d6530?

Just need your thoughts. I am only interested if I can finance it.

Cheers.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  13. LIQU1D5NAKE

LIQU1D5NAKE Member

Ratings:
    +66
    I was in richer sounds in Birmingham yesterday and he said to me that the new offers start this wednesday and they include the Samsung premium touchscreen remote!
  14. Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo Member

Ratings:
    +12
    @flat head

I take it you are getting another one? Or have you already got another one with similar probs??
    IMO it is worth the hassle but I have only changed out one tv. Could well have been different if I was changing one every week!! :-/

Keep posted with how you get on with it. Though if you feel your set isn't up to scratch then there maybe is a fault. You should expect the tv to have even lighting in each corner in dark conditions. Uneven lighting would and did drive me slowly mad. Swapping made all the diff. Cheers.
  15. jumborat

jumborat Member

Ratings:
    +69
    1. There isn't a shortcut for Sky 3D but the TV does auto switch to 3D when playing a Blu-ray.

2. It was pain to set up ARC with my 608 but I eventually got it working. I did the relevent settings on the amp:

select TV/CD, setup, HDMI then hardware setup

Audio TV out : Off
    Lip Sync: Enable
    Hdmi control (RIHD): On
    Audio Return Channel: Auto
    Power control: Off

even with Anynet switched on the ARC wouldn't work so I switched on my Blu-ray player in the hope that the TV would 'see' the amp and it worked.
  16. mikekirk

mikekirk Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just curious while I'm at work, does anyone know if we get the new iPlayer app that's out for the PS3 on the D6530? There's mention of it also being available for Internet connected TVs in a couple of the stories i've read.
  17. newhamish

newhamish Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What 3D blu ray player does anyone recommend for the D6530 as i got mine on the weekend and I'm looking at getting a 3D blu ray player but don't know if it will be better than my PS3 Slim.
  18. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
  19. RoNaLdiNhO

RoNaLdiNhO Member

Ratings:
    +12
    2 Quick questions about the tv please.

Does the tv playback 5.1 mkvs?

Also does it play 3d mkvs?

Thank you in advance.
  20. happyspider

happyspider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks jumborat - got me up and running did that - much appreciated (and the mrs is very grateful now I've stopped ranting!!) :thumbsup:
  21. Richer Sounds

Richer Sounds Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +159

Hi,

I was sorry to read you’ve not been given the Megamind disc with your recent purchase.

So that I may look into this for you and ensure all is resolved to your satisfaction, please would you PM me with your sale and contact details?

Many thanks,

John Clayton
    Operations Director
    Richer Sounds
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  22. 5aboy

5aboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i have just pulled the trigger on this - should arrive on saturday from jl - 969 delivered pricematched with no accessories.

i figure even if i spend the 100quid on the starter pack itll still come to around 1100 (which is what i would have paid richersounds but they dont have it in stock in scotland, and i really want it for the premiership starting on saturday)

hope ive spent my money well (this was a stretch of around 300 quid beyond my budget - hope it is worth the extra investment
  23. happyspider

happyspider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unbelievably having not changed anything this is now not working???? Any thoughts?:lease:
  24. jumborat

jumborat Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Yes to both although I've only played half SBS 3D MKV's (like Sky 3D).

When I got my D6530 I was using an optical cable as I hadn't got my Onkyo at that point and the TV detected the DD5.1 track and output it. However, when I played an MKV with a DTS track I had to manually select DTS in the SPDIF setting in the sound menu. Every time an MKV was played afterwards the 5.1 track was auto selected whether DD or DTS.

Using ARC the tracks have been automatically output correctly.
  25. jumborat

jumborat Member

Ratings:
    +69
    I did read where this was happening to some people. Whether re-running the setup would solve the problem I don't know?
  26. Laudrup1

Laudrup1 Member

Ratings:
    +21
    While you're on here mate, do you think I could bend your ear at all?

I recently bought two D6530s from your Glasgow store at a total of £1200 each and this included a Samsung BR player and two pairs of glasses

I really didn't particularly want the BR players that came with the sets as I've got two PS3s in the house but was told that the BRs had to come with the package as that's how Samsung were selling them to Richer Sounds.

I was on your website yesterday and now notice that the tele is being sold at £999 with two pairs of glasses and no BR player.

What's the chances of me getting a refund on the difference?

Is there any form of price drop guarantee from RS? I'd happily return the BR players (one of them is still boxed) because I note that you sell it seperately on your site for £84 so it in itself isn't worth the £200 extra of a difference I paid just a few weeks back and even then it was sold as "free as part of the deal" to me...
  27. Rumz

Rumz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if Dualview will work with the D6530, especially on the iphone?
  28. jcornish

jcornish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Really like to get this TV but I want to connect some external speakers (Razer Mako's) and I can't see any analogue audio outs on the specs - only a headphone socket! My speakers don't have an optical out. Am I stuffed?

Any thoughts appreciated.
  29. Graham27

Graham27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +785
    If it only has a headphone socket and your speakers have RCA/phono inputs you can buy a headphone to 2 phono cable. They're fairly easy to find, they're often sold for connecting MP3 players to amplifiers.

This sort of thing: Play.com - Buy Fisual Pro Install Series / 3.5mm Jack to Phono Cable / 1m online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

*edit* just looked at your speakers, looks like they have a headphone sized input as well, if so you could just use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Plug-1-2M/dp/B00077DC3S
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  30. Jerv83

Jerv83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am really struggling to get a good picture, the pixilation is really putting me off this tv and thinking about taking it back to the store.

I am watching standard def tv and things like football and the bar that runs across on sky news is very pixilated.

Could you provide your optimum settings? Have you had any problems like this?

Thanks

Mark
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.