Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung C750 LCD TV *Part 6*

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Curly99, Aug 11, 2011.

1. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I downgraded to FW 2004. I never saw 1016 in action but was always happy with 2004. Was a very easy process by all accounts. I havent had a chance to check out 3D or 2D fully but on first glance I actually find the 2D picture much better just now.
  2. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Unfortunately I very much doubt the blink will ever be resolved on the C series. IMHO it is just not fully compatible with SKY or Virgin boxes. As long as it doesnt lead to long term damage I might just have to live with it for now. I cant be ersed changing out TV's anymore ... mind you I might be temptyed by the D series.
  3. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    congrats,ye its easy isnt it,if you would have loaded 1016 first to give it the once over you could have then gone straight from 1016 to 2004 where as now if you wanted to ever check out 1016 youd have to go to 0000 first as you cant go to a lower fw,mind you its easy to do so no probs,im on 1016 but might try 2002 then 2003 then finally 2004
    oh btw afaik to be able to use the 3d explore app it has to be 3005 or newer but im gonna stay in the ones or two,s
  4. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    mine blinks on all sources,integrated freeview hd/wii plugged in av ps3/hdmi/camcorder on component so i dont believe its certain boxes or certain sources,not on mine anyway
  5. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, if your set blinks on all sources then that would indicate you have a more serious and different issue to those who only blink though HDMI and it might be cured by a hardware replacment...
    Chris
  6. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    hi chris,ive had my tv for just over a year,99% of my viewing is from sky hd box and i probably see a blink every few days although ive had had a blink once when using my wii for a few hours and when i was watching something on freeview hd once because someone else was watching the sky box i also saw a blink,im not particuly worried about it but its deffo the same as everyone else worldwide is getting with c series tv,s
    obviously id prefer it not to blink and be as it should be after all when you spend a few hard earned quid you expect it to work correctly dont you
  7. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Wow, that's nice :) I wish it was me haha. How is the TV picture, sound & in general overall quality of the D-series TV, compared to the C750?

I've just contacted Samsung again, asking them about the "blinking" problem, what they're doing, or are going to do. Hmm... probably nothing :(

Then I think, that I'll contact my shop, where I bought the TV, and sees if they are willing to sell me an upgrade D-series TV model. I'm just a little unsure about the warranty here en Denmark. But I think it's 2 years. I'm pretty sure, that they won't give me my money back, but they might sell me a D-series TV model If I'm lucky.
  8. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    So far I'm loving it mate. The picture seems a lot sharper and more vibrant. I cannot get over how thin the thing is. Completely unreal. Even in the space of a year you can see things have improved. Loving the built in wifi as well. Reviews complained about the sound but for my front room it's perfect until I get a system.

Only issue is that the 3d isn't as good. there's a big complaint in the d6750/d6530 forum that it doesn't support full hd3d. I've tried it and it does appear to lose resolution.

In 8 months of having my c750 I used the 3d twice. This isn't going to be any different so for the amazing quality of the 2d images I can live with it.

I've only noticed it because I read about it before hand on this forum. People have been given full refunds due to false advertising. Sometimes it's better not knowing this stuff.
  9. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Great Lee, that you new TV is that good. I feel the same as you about 3D, I've never understood why every single new device today needs 3D. To me it just looks strange and isn't really that good to look at. Can't get out of my head, that you say the pic quality seems sharper and more vibrant, that's really nice.

Now I'm waiting Samsung support to reply back to me about the the questions I had :)
  10. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Not trying to be Funny but why do you people buy A 3D TV if you are not using it ?
    I know it is a cheap TV now But I can't see the point.
  11. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Ok, I'll spin this round. If you can find me a led tv that produces as amazing 2d images as my d6750 that does not have 3d then I'll admit I should have bought that.
  12. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I simply wanted to buy the best Samsung LCD TV (without LED), which I think was the 7xx series. I never bought the TV for the 3D stuff, just for the good 2D quality, nice design, Internet stuff, superb build in media player, fast and beautiful menus & premium warranty. If you ask me, Samsung could have removed 3D and given us a cheaper TV, if that could be the case :)
  13. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Try watching the Ryder Cup with a decent FW revision ..... then you will understand.
  14. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    funny you should say that,i was looking at a ryder cup recording from my planner the other day since downgrading my fw back to 1016 and have to say how sensational it looks,id kept it on there to showcase to friends just how great 3d looks but all the time ive been on 3009 i wouldnt have shown it to anyone
    god its good to be back on 1016
  15. caster troy

caster troy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Ok mate
  16. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    It was very good live ... 1st day was a bit iffy but SKY must have done something with the transmission and after that it was epic.

I am going to watch Avatar this weekend and Tron. The latter I was very disspaointed with in terms of 3D so fingers crossed its much better.
  17. mray

mray Active Member

Ratings:
    +216
    I don't think the 6530 and the 6750 are the same TV. The 6750 has micro dimming, the 6530 doesn't.

From what I read about the 3D problem, jaggies were visible on the 6530 because of the lesser resolution. On my 6750, I saw jaggies on 3D until I switched off edge enhancement. Then they disappeared and the 3D looks as good as it did on the D7000 that it replaced.

Apologies to leerogers00 and MrMoo123. I've done the tests and what you say is also true for the D6750 :-(((
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  18. MrMoo123

MrMoo123 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    All Series 6 has the 3D problem - it displays in SD rather then HD so you lose resolution.
  19. mray

mray Active Member

Ratings:
    +216
    I thought the TV's with micro dimming had a different/faster processor, which was why the ones without it had the problem with full HD 3D.
  20. MrMoo123

MrMoo123 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I havent seen for myself but for what I understand only the D7000 and D8000 display full 3D HD. Samsung have reportedly starting changing the boxes of the Series 6 models to reflect this, it just says 3D and not full 3D HD.
  21. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I can't comment on the d6530 but my d6750 definitely loses resolution. But as I said, that's only because I'm looking for it. The mrs thinks the 3d looks amazing and loves it. Just goes to show it all comes down to what your eyes are looking out for.

I can definitely say that there is a lot less cross talk compared to my old c750. In fact hardly any.
  22. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Well that has ruled me out of changing over to the 6000 range. Since rolling back my C7000 to FW 2004 its looking damn fine again and 3D is back to the wow factor. I can though see that there is additional issues brought in which only makes sense. One being pretty bad IR .... well worse than it was but tbh its an easy trade off for me to get HD back
  23. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +81
    I only updated my TV because of the 3D.
    I was very happy with my original HD TV.
    So all you people were looking to replace your other TV's then ?
  24. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I changed mine from the 46C750 to 50C7000. TBH looking back I might have stuck it out with the C750 if I had known FW could have been rolled back.

I was on the point of swapping out for a 6000 series because 3D just didnt have any zap anymore and some other issues but in light of them running a dropped resolution I am glad I stuck it out with the C7000.

It just seems to me that that Samsung are struggling just now. They have been too focused in flooding the market with 3DTV they got lax with their QC.

I am just going to live with the issues I have now that I have some control of FW. The only issue of concern is that the blink gets worse i.e. more frequent. It only does it once or twice every couple of days just now.
  25. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +81

So are you still getting blinks with the new set :confused:
  26. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I did send my local department of Samsung support (Europe, Denmark) som questions. And Samsungs answers was stupid & not usable at all. Here is what I asked + Samsung's answers:

Questions 1:
    I asked about the current 3009.2 firmware, and the firmware I used, the 3010.1. I asked, if there were any differences in the firmware version, or it just was some "naming" troublem that did the downgrade to 3009.2.

Samsungs answer:
    We don't have any informations about firmwares and what to come in the future.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Man, this is so stupid. If Samsung support don't know it, then find out before answering me back. At least find out why they do all the confusing naming stuff on their download support site.

Question 2.
    Then I asked about all the "blinking" trouble with the C-series, and why the new D-series doesn't blink. And if there is or comes a solution to all this.

Samsungs answer:
    Did you try to reset the TV.... ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    The standard sentence Samsung always use. As if they think that resetting the TV can solve anything... man am I angry!!! It's almost as if the supporter are reading these lines up out of a standard book.

Samsung's reply's can't be used for anything, and are completely off in my eyes. They simply don't wanna help in a good proper way. Instead they say nothing helpful.
  27. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    LOL good lord they really are muppets
  28. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    yup
  29. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +81

I'm getting confused now.
    You have got a later series TV and that also blinks. :confused:
    My your one unlucky person it would seem.
  30. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Perhaps you need to re-read my post.

I moved from C750 to C7000 ..... they are both the C Series i.e. last years model and both have blink issue. The C7000 is just the plasma version

I considered getting a D6000 series but didnt after hearing about a resolution drop.