Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung C750 LCD TV *Part 6*

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Curly99, Aug 11, 2011.

1. thecolonel

thecolonel Member

Ratings:
    +20
    what about this new you tube 3d tie up samsung have announced? any chance of that on our set?
  2. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Right another update.

Engineer came today. Changed the main board. I asked if it was an upgraded/updated board but it wasn't. It was exactly the same as version that was in the tv.

The engineer was a top bloke. He's a dedicated samsung engineer and was quite honest and told me all he does all day is replace parts on 2010 samsungs because of blink issues. Stated no one knows the problem and what has caused it. He even went as far as to say he would be very suprised if this fixed my problem. Most tvs end up getting replaced.

Took the time to show me inside the back of the tv and what parts were what. To be honest there is nothing left to change now!
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  3. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Haha sorry for laughing about this - quote "He's a dedicated samsung engineer and was quite honest and told me all he does all day is replace parts on 2010 samsungs because of blink issues", that's crazy man.

the times I've talked to Samsung support Europe/Nordic, they told me me that they didn't know of the so called "blinking" problem :D Man, all it tells me is, that Samsung is doing all they can to wipe this pretty big thing under the carpet, and forget about it. I have been talking to Samsung tech guys, who said that they was working on a fix. But the support people doesn't know thing when I talk to them :thumbsdow

But anyway, I think it's a little funny, that this repair guy is exchanging 2010 motherboards all the time, because of the blinking problem, crazy :)
  4. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I'm doing the same when I've recorded TV, movie stuff. When I see blinks or sound dropouts, I rewind and see the part again. Lately I've been having lots of sound and pic dropouts, but not as the well known blinking problem. It was my cable provider that have had problems in the signal path, which resulted in the sound, picture stuttering, dropouts.
  5. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Funny ain't it mate. He was honest and said it was the first time he had seen the problem with this model but he said all the c series had issues. Mentioned a common one had a silver frame? Not sure what model that was.

He told me he had built his own samsung tv at home out of spare parts and even his own tv did it and he couldn't figure it out!! Obviously means a component on the boards is conflicting or failing to do it's job.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  6. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Must be a component faulty thing, or some kind of chipset incompatibility between the HDMI standard. I would think it's a motherboard hardware problem, and not anything else.

But what I don't understand is, that this problems has existed for over a year now, and not a single person (what I know of), knows anything, anywhere they have to look for this problem?! That seems strange to me, as Samsung very well could be holding everything very very close into their personal insider knowledge.

But hey, how much would they loose going public with it - a lot, but not so they had to dig a big hole for them self. But to my believe, I think they could loose just as many customers not telling anything, if they knew something. And I find it hard to believe, that such a worldwide huge company didn't know anything about it.
  7. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, once again the point is being missed, if it was an chipset incompatibility between the HDMI standard then we'd all have the problem, and quite simply we aren't. My set has the same hardware, my set is built in the same factory by the same people but my set doesn't blink...
    Chris
  8. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    You're probably right cuke2u. But I can't help thinking, that this blinking is very ramdom in it's behaviour. Some sees it nearly every day, and some a couple of times a month. And not all people are using HDMI at all, or at least not frequent. My parents (also has the C755) doesn't know anything about how the TV should act. And a blink for them is not equal to that there is something wrong. I just think that many people today accept how things are, and that all brands have their faults. It's the modern fast world we're living in, where new stuff are hittin' us every day. And I think people are more forgiven about things they buy today, than 20 years ago.

Because of all these aspects & more, You're minimizing the problem a lot for lots of people (lucky them). In my case, I had to tell my parents, that they also had the problem with their C755 TV set (I bought two LE40C755) when the model came out in Denmark. They're simply didn't know, that their TV (when they watch their old favourite DVD's), shouldn't make those blinks / sound dropouts. They live with it, I can't unfortunately :(

At least I think the problem is bigger than we would like to think it is. And Samsung is kind'a lucky in this situation :) And we're not :(
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  9. caster troy

caster troy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Woo calm down
  10. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I tend to agree its more likely a hardware issue with the 2010 generation sets.

Look at the PS3 ..... just takes some crappy thermal paste and you end up with all sorts of what initially appeared as random failures. Not everyone suffered it for a good number of months ..... myself included then bam ..... on my 4th one now :lesson:
  11. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You seem pretty knowledgeable regarding tvs, what would you say could cause this problem?

It's not the sky box as this issue didnt happen on my old tv.
  12. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, I wish I knew, the problem is so random with so many variables. Trouble is most of the reported 'blinks' may also be due to other issues. Firstly what I'd do is to take two of the sets, one that has the blinks and one that hasn't, using the same sky boxes they are used with, then swop them over and then see if the blinks continues, stays with the set or moves over to the other TV with the sky box...
    Chris
  13. bp2411

bp2411 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I have had the 40" version of this model since last november and have only had 1 problem with it when none of the hdmi ports would work, I rang samsung who sent out an engineer and changed the main board which solved the problem. I have just turned the tv on and the screen is just lines top to bottom and the tv is making a screeching noise but I can still hear the audio fine. Has anyone had this problem?
  14. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I think you have to get in contact with Samsung support again. I've never heard of this problem before. Could be the main board again.

SLL
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  15. richie007bond

richie007bond Member

Ratings:
    +3
    In all the time Ive had my set Ive never had a blink problem of any kind, i just want to know if Samsung are going to update any future firmware updates because the 3D on my set is shocking, faint black lines in the background. Not sure if its faulty or if its a firmware issue but apart from the bad 3d artifacts lines my set is almost prefect, but the faint black lines only on 3d playback is driving me loopy ,its not worth watching 3d of any kind...
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  16. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    my 3d is terrible also.cant watch anything which is a real shame as been an early adopter and spending a few quid on this set im dissapointed,i really dont know why they just dont re-release fw 1014 or 2004 and rename either one 3010 as 1014 and 2004 were sensational with no problems at all,minimal crosstalk etc on a few 3d titles but all in all those firmwares were great,if id have known that updating firmwares would ruin the 3d side of my tv it goes without saying i would never have updated but when you turn your tv on every day and you get greeted with a message telling you to update you dont expect it to make things 100% worse
  17. bp2411

bp2411 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I used my tv yesterday and never had the high pitched sound and distorted picture but today I turned it on and its doing it again. I have just contacted samsung to see what they say.
  18. top25

top25 Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Still no smart hub firmware update for the c750 owners ? They said July, then August, still nothing...
  19. zkidz

zkidz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you're using their glasses, I'd lodge a complaint about the 3d firmware issue at their site. It's really ridiculous. From my post upthread it's pretty obvious the phase of the sync signal is way off now, and the adjustable option on the menu does basically nothing and has too few setting levels. The only reason I haven't written them myself is that I'm using third party glasses, which they could just blame the problem on and tell me to take a walk.

Also as I said above, if you've got the cash to burn, the Monster glasses/product (the BitCaulfron BC1000/BC100 package that also comes with a BC010 dongle, unlike the other brands reselling this hardware) might free you from the thrall of the firmware gods by allowing you to adjust the phase/duty cycle yourself. So might the Xpand 104 glasses when they finally come out.
  20. richie007bond

richie007bond Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I completly agree with you about previous firmware, since this lastest firmware the 3d has gone to pot its unwatchable, i can post a screenshot of my faint black lines on 3d playback. I suspect it could be a fault but ive nothing to compare it to, anyone eles had any problems with thier 3D i would rather have the blink fault than this totally unaccaptable 3D:thumbsdow
  21. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i dont suppose they will resolve the 3d issue now that the new sets use bluetooth so us early adopters with the infrared technology will probly suffer for buying into the 3d early,youd of thought early adopters who pay premium prices would get looked after
  22. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I think if you kick up a stink anything is achievable. So who is going to be Spartacus ?
  23. bp2411

bp2411 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Am I better off complaining to Samsung or Currys about the tv? It is the second time the tv has messed up and i've only had it since november. The main board was changed in January and now the tv is broke again, what are the chances of getting my money back or a new tv?
  24. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I think of you complain enough they will fold .... it gets to the stage that they are chasing a lost cause and they will cut their losses.

I would complain to both and say that you know your "european" rights. There is a thread somewhere but the main crux of it is that electronic manufacturers under euro law states that the TV must be fit for purpose for something like 3+years. So in theory you will have them out once a month until they either provide a fault free TV or a full refund that will scare the broon stuff out them

Pitty you didnt use Amazon ... they were no quibble with me
  25. bp2411

bp2411 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I just rang currys & samsung, currys said to contact samsung (what a suprise) I mentioned the sales of goods act but it didn't make a difference, samsung booked an engineer to come out and also mentioning the sales of goods act didn't make a difference so I might go to the currys I bought the tv in and speak with the manager.
  26. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Well you can just keep getting them out every week until they sort it ..... I am pretty sure by that point they will come to some arrangement.
  27. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, which F/W version are we talking about? My set shows no update available and the 3d seems to work fine after a period of allowing the set to warm up. Something that the manual says about...
    Chris
  28. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    3009.2 is newest
  29. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    You cant get it through TV I had to download it from the samsung support site ..... but its crud so I wouldnt bother
  30. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    i dont suppose they will fix it tbh ..... and with the existing FW 3009.2 I am seriously considering sending back my PS50C7000 .... problem is Amo say it will need to be a refund as they dont have any stock ..... but someone has recommended the 51C6900