1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung C750 LCD TV *Part 6*

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Curly99, Aug 11, 2011.

1. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Yes mine runs through a switcher but I have tried it with and without it connected.

Dont know why but I havent had a single blink today ?
  2. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I do not use a switcher.
  3. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Just another update. My tv blinked again last night so that is twice since the power supply was changed. I've called richer sounds and this is going over to the engineers again.

Let's try again....
  4. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Not good to hear, but it's good that you guys are not giving up on the problem. I also doubted a bit, that the PSU would solve it, as there is no blinking on other inputs, only HDMI. But it could be, that the HDMI inputs are dragging more power than other attached inputs, so that this would bring the PSU tolerances out of balance?!

Now here is, that I've also seen sound dropouts, where picture stayed on. That's pretty new to me, as both pic and sound normally dropout for about a second. So I wonder if the problem gets worse over time?

Any of you having sound dropouts periodically?
  5. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    My blinks consist of a black screen and sound dropping out. It's always at the same time, not separate.

Engineers have called me. They are now going to change the main Board as I expected. Unless the replacement has a new chipset I don't believe it will resolve the problem but you never know!
  6. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Maybe there is new revisions of the main board (with fixes), since it's over a year since the first release I have in my TV. AS said, I've seen a new behaviour of the typical blink issue, where only sound goes away for less then a second. But the typical problem on my set is still where both picture and sound drops out for a second and then comes back, only on HDMI.
  7. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Place both hands over your ears, then remove them, now back , now remove again? Does the sound come and go?

Sorry, couldn't resist, bored at work! Haha
  8. SLL

SLL Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Hahaha... man, maybe that's what I did :D
  9. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, it would only be what you say about the HDMI if they, or the power supply, was faulty. As I've said, I experience none of the dropout of either sound or picture. As the issue does seem to mainly affect a sky box connected to the HDMI that would suggest some incompatibilty, or intolerance, of the sky box.
    Chris
  10. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +80
    Some people just do not listen or want to understand, from what I can see by the posts on here.
    I run the TV freeview only. Have PS3. X-Box and Wii all connected.
    No Boxes of any kind. My TV works fine.
    Am I just lucky ?
    The answer has to be No.
    I think it is a box issue more then anything else.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    My tv only blinks with sky hd. I think it's an issue as you say with compatibility. Something to do with the tv thinking the signal is Gone or it not receiving the information over hdmi. Strange
  12. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, thank you, I run a sky box, xbox, home theatre and a 3d blu-ray, none of them have a issue. You and me are obviously the luckiest people on earth :rolleyes:
    Chris
  13. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, again, if this was the case then we'd all have a issue, which we quite plainy have not...
    Chris
  14. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +80
    You say you have a Sky box. What HDMI outlet do you use? are people all using the same one or are the issues showing up on Random outlets ?
  15. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    my tv blinks on sky hd box/x box 360 humax hd box /technisat hd freesat box/psx/wii humax freeview pvr and integrated freeview oh and a samsung 3d blu ray player
  16. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +80
    So have you a switchbox to run all this ?
  17. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    no mini,as we speak ive got ps3 in hdmi-1/humax hd freeview pvr in hdmi-2/technisat hdfs box in hdmi-3 and sky hd box in hdmi-4/if i want to use xbox for eg ill unplug the ps3 or whatever/wii etc are obviously in ext-1
    ive tried all the hd sources in all hdmi inputs and all sources blink the wii even blinks on ext-1 or av-1
    saying all tat i usually only notice 1 or 2 blinks a week i cant ever recall seeing 2 in any given day but it should be working correctly without any blinks shouldnt it?
  18. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Correct, all my other TV's work without any blink. I personally do think it is a compatibility issue with the SKY HD box as I dont think I have seen the blink on PS3 or freeview but I agree with you .... It "should" work without blinks but I dont think it is a resolvable situation. You either accept it or get your refund. If you got it through amazon its a smooth process without any quibble. I think they gave up on this unit because of the number of returns. The Amazon Warehouse option was always well supplied.
  19. AlbaJoeReturns

AlbaJoeReturns Member

Ratings:
    +40
    not necessarily; there are various SKY box manufacturers and any given one may have a different firmware e.g. you may still have your original firmware. I think you can force the SKY HD box to update to latest FW so might have a look at that myself.
  20. mini76

mini76 Member

Ratings:
    +80
    Well I'm just pleased my set is perfect. If that is the case.
    Hope you all get it resolved some how as I love the set.
  21. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, I've a Amstrad HD box, SYSF26.80 with the latest f/w, on HDMI 1...
    Chris
  22. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    personally i dont believe its got anything to do with a sky box because as i said ive experienced the dreaded blink on numerous different hd sources and even my wii blinked and thats plugged into composite or scart depending which input i use and the integrated freeview blinks as well
    a lot of these 2010 samsung models just blink for whatever reason i dont know but mine blinks no matter what source or what input
  23. aymank

aymank Member

Ratings:
    +102
    can we expect itv player on this set?!
  24. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, I don't remember anyone having a blink with the composites or scart. If your is then I don't think it can be down to the HDCP handshaking causing the blink that is believed by some to be the issue...
    Chris
  25. yesat22

yesat22 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    im fairly sure some people have halso had a blink when watching the integrated freeview tuner and that wouldnt be classed as an hdmi input or would it?? ive also had a blink when watching something from my hard drive which is plugged into the usb,i just think these sets suffer from the occasional blink but ive no idea why
    strange and annoying as when you spend a few quid you expect it to work correctly
  26. JMek

JMek Member

Ratings:
    +4
    To change tract somewhat. Has anyone else noticed that whilst watching an upscaled DVD that any bright colours or flickering lights such as lightsabers, torches etc tend to "smear" and get interference? I've only witnessed this on DVD's though, nothing else. Blu Ray's and everything else are fine. Any idea why this may be and if so how to solve it 'cause to paraphrase the guy who went to the doctor's with a steering wheel down his pants, it's driving me nuts!
  27. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, well if they have, and I don't recall any, then that would completety throw out the Sky box theory. One thing, we need to be sure that what everyone is experiencing is the same issue and not anything caused by something external such as loss of the transmitted signal. Someone said they get a HDCP message when it happens, which could be something entirely different and a old sky issue, most don't, and some, like myself, have no issues, thus it is very difficult to pinpoint an actual problem
    Chris
  28. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    There was me saying I hadn't. Watched a film I had on sky plus last night. Had two sound drop outs. Rewound the film and played the same part to make sure it wasn't the copy and it was fine.
  29. cuke2u

cuke2u Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Hi, forgive me but sound droputs are not the blinks that's been described in this thread, you probably have some other issue more than likely down to your sky box...
    Chris
  30. leerogers00

leerogers00 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    We do know that. If you had bothered to read our full conversation you would find this is another issue we have found.