Samsung C750 LCD TV *Part 6*

Mine is fine, well made and reliable, and so is the very similar one for the Sammy BR player.

Donwloaded Avatar game on the xbox to try it in 3d as I heard it was the most impressive xbox game in 3d.

Getting horrible crosstalk/ghosting in side by side mode. Tried tweaking everything. Any particular reason? Other games such as crysis 2 look ok in 3d.

Donwloaded Avatar game on the xbox to try it in 3d as I heard it was the most impressive xbox game in 3d.

Getting horrible crosstalk/ghosting in side by side mode. Tried tweaking everything. Any particular reason? Other games such as crysis 2 look ok in 3d.

You may have had ghosting but not noticed so much it if the other games use a different depth (your brain will filter it out to some extent.) For that problem you'd want to play with the in-game settings if any, and the "3d viewpoint" option. Also turn off any edge enhancement and maybe reduce the sharpness.

Note that on this set, increasing brightness (while also playing with the "3D optimize" setting) can help, because the set has an anti-ghosting filter ( which you cannot turn off, boo), but you if you make blacks greyer, you can get that filter to cancel more of the white-on-black ghosting. Also the HDMI black levels/colorspace can play into this a bit.

If the ghosts that are bothering you are dark on light (anti-ghosts), set "3D optimize" to 0 and don't worry about the brightness. If they are light on dark (normal ghosts), try "3D optimize" on +1 and if that still doesn't do the trick, your glasses are leaking like a sieve so try -1.

(Personally I'm using MV3D glasses and have managed to find the best balance between the anti-ghosts and ghosts by fine tuning them, but with these glasses it would be much cleaner if I could turn the anti-ghosting filter down or off. )

Actually I'm noticing ghosts on all Xbox games, think it must be since I updated the firmware to 3.011. I don't get much ghosting on blu rays or Sky 3d so it's strange that I'm getting it badly on the Xbox. These are not slight ghosts they are huge whacking great double images. Not pretty. Hmmm, will have to investigate the settings.

iwb100 said:
Actually I'm noticing ghosts on all Xbox games, think it must be since I updated the firmware to 3.011. I don't get much ghosting on blu rays or Sky 3d so it's strange that I'm getting it badly on the Xbox. These are not slight ghosts they are huge whacking great double images. Not pretty. Hmmm, will have to investigate the settings.

I played captain america and the 3d was shocking ! Frame rate takes a hit as well. Ps3 is better at 3d (super star dust) but its still away off.

I have tried it, does not change a bit.

Edit:
After all, no one else has this problem with his C750 while watching 3D in Side-by-Side mode?

Yep - I had the same problem. Unfortunately there's no way around it other than using an external media player. Problem is, if you do that then you have to put up with the 24p stuttering problem instead.

I have two noticeable darkish/black bands on the screen when watching 3d content, on certain scenes. They are about three quarters of an inch wide and span the entire width of the screen, horizontally. One is exactly half way down the screen the other is an inch below it. Any ideas what's causing it? Uneven backlight perhaps?

I don't notice them on regular hd content but presumably that's because the backlight isn't as high?

They do seem pretty uniform though, straight and even.

Any suggestions?

I would REALLY appreciate people's help here!!

I have 2 of these TV's and I have not been able to select the United Kingdom as an option from within the menu since I bought the TV's 18 months back and also, because of this, unable to access the Freeview HD channels. I have done everything I can think of, including spending weeks trying to get something out of Samsung without success and I was wondering if anyone here might have some pointers for me. SO annoyed at this, simply no internet search has solved my problem.

1) Running latest BIOS
2) Several factory resets but not solution
3) Other devices in house seeing HD channels
4) Arial tested and all good

Lost for ideas here, I will buy some internet beers to anyone who can solve me issues :(

@Housemaster how are you trying to do it ?
Menu ?
Antenna ?
Country ?
Pin. Generally 0000 unless you have set it.
This then gives you the options.
?????

@Housemaster how are you trying to do it ?
Menu ?
Antenna ?
Country ?
Pin. Generally 0000 unless you have set it.
This then gives you the options.
?????

Yea, been through all of that, let me explain better.

I select air and I am able to select the UK for the non digital channels but UK does not exist as an option for the digital channels, so I have to select other. This then finds all the non HD channels no problem, but the channel list is not sorted into the UK order and as I say, no HD channels.

I know the process like the back of my hand, it simply does not work on either of the 2 TV's I have. I'm suspecting something is wrong with my TVs or I need the engineering menu tweaked. I can get the country options with ease, I simply cant select the UK for Digital! :(

In my web trawling I've found 2 others with the same issue with this TV but no one has found a solution that I can find. Very annoying.

The options for Digital ought to be only UK and ROI.
What are they on yours?

The options for Digital ought to be only UK and ROI.
What are they on yours?

Pretty much every other country in Europe bar that sadly. I'm absolutely across how the TV works guys, how it should work, but mine is missing the UK & ROI option in Digital country, though has United Kingdom for Analogue which makes it even more annoying. Ive done several factory rests, messed around with the service menus and still Im unable to find where UK & ROI has gone from my menu. Samsung have been utterly useless, at first telling me it didn't have a Freeview HD capability, then confirming it did when I got through to the UK. I have an audit trail of email 'support' which shows Samsung avoiding answering anything and simply trying to close my call.

Both TV's have been confirmed and accepted as UK TV's not grey imports, I got my free 3D glasses for both TV's just after I bought them too but this one has really got me and it would seem Samsung baffled.

The analogue option has all the countries, but the digital has only the two - UK and ROI.
My experience of Samsung service has been excellent and I'm surprised they're being so useless with you.
Do you have the TVs registered, and are you doing the complaints properly, through MySamsung?
https://account.samsung.com/account/signIn.do
A replacement of the main board would fix the problem, but there might be a download to do it more easily.

The analogue option has all the countries, but the digital has only the two - UK and ROI.

Sorry but that is NOT the way it works on my TV, perhaps you are now seeing my frustration. I am aware of how it SHOULD work, I've had many people telling me how it should work.

My experience of Samsung service has been excellent and I'm surprised they're being so useless with you.
Do you have the TVs registered, and are you doing the complaints properly, through MySamsung?
https://account.samsung.com/account/signIn.do

Yes, both TV's were registered on here and support issues have been raised via this mechanism. I also spoke with their outsourced contact centre and after they were unable to help passed to a person within the UK who passed on her annoyance that they had put me through to her and handed me back.

A replacement of the main board would fix the problem, but there might be a download to do it more easily.

I concur, getting this resolved has not been that easy sadly. Both TV's were purchased from Amazon, both TV's were registered via Samsung. I know how it should work, I know what the TV should do, it simply doesnt work for me and I promise, I'm not doing it wrong as I've done it on my fathers TV's who also bought 2 of them!

..sorry to jump in but i am having difficulty uploading the 0000 valduec code on my c750...i have firmwares 2004, 2003, 3008, 3011 ready to go after downgrading to 0000 but can't seem to get the tv to recognise 0000...i have downloaded it, unzipped it and put it onto a usb...the tv can't see it...i have tried it on the usb without unzipping and it still doesn't recognise it...any ideas??????

both TV's were registered on here and support issues have been raised via this mechanism
both TV's were registered via Samsung
I don't get the first part of that, but registration with Samsung is what matters, and that you used the system at MySamsung to report the problem, as they should be able to take it up on the basis of the TVs' serial numbers.
As you do not have the option to specify the country of use, the TVs are clearly not fit for purpose, and you can therefore cite UK customer protection legislation to insist that Amazon, whose reponsibility it actually is, or Samsung directly, must correct the problem.

...for anyone interested i managed to upload firmware 0000 and can now choose any firmware i like and downgrade whenever i want simply by reloading firmware 0000...great

i am running 1016 at the moment and pq seems as good as the later firmwares but the 3d is nicer - a bit sharper and less noticable xtalk.....will try 2004 later and see what that looks like.

...for anyone interested i managed to upload firmware 0000 and can now choose any firmware i like and downgrade whenever i want simply by reloading firmware 0000...great

i am running 1016 at the moment and pq seems as good as the later firmwares but the 3d is nicer - a bit sharper and less noticable xtalk.....will try 2004 later and see what that looks like.

lol you got there in the end then ?

I waited for you to respond to my posts but you never did.

What was wrong ... operator error ?

lol you got there in the end then ?

I waited for you to respond to my posts but you never did.

What was wrong ... operator error ?

yea, sorry, i couldn't ever get the tv to recognise the 0000 firmware and then to be honest forgot about it. Then i found another link the other day to a different site with the samsung 0000 firmware, downloaded it and it worked 1st time!!..i am gonna spend the next few days swapping firmwares to see which one suits me best...some i know give good 3d but slightly poorer hd/sd picture quality and others improve hd/sd but bugger 3d up.....good old samsung....1016 firmware is very good tho....2004 is up for trial tonight..;)

I am on 2004 just now. I think it was the best of them all tbh.

Yeah silly how they managed to screw things up with the firmware.

I am on 2004 just now. I think it was the best of them all tbh.

Yeah silly how they managed to screw things up with the firmware.

....i tried 2004 last night and for some reason thought it wasn't as good as 1016 so i quickly tried 3008 (which i was on for a while) and it looked the same..!!!

think i'll just go back to 1016 and leave it....2d was as good as 3008 and the 3d was better, so that'll do for me....

i need to leave the bloody thing alone now and just watch it...:facepalm:

....i tried 2004 last night and for some reason thought it wasn't as good as 1016 so i quickly tried 3008 (which i was on for a while) and it looked the same..!!!

think i'll just go back to 1016 and leave it....2d was as good as 3008 and the 3d was better, so that'll do for me....

i need to leave the bloody thing alone now and just watch it...:facepalm:

To add to the confusion, visited some relatives who also have the 40" C750 at the weekend. They let me play around and I saw they had the 1016 fw.

3d was ok, but watching Hugo 3d blu ray showed more crosstalk on their set running 1016 than mine does on 3011. Noticeably more.

One thing I noticed was that when mine on 3011 shows crosstalk usually on games, but occassionally on SKY 3d then the content becomes a headache inducing, virtually unwatchable mess. But crosstalk is very rare for me on movies at least. Theirs seemed to have more crosstalk on 1016 but it wasn't as "experience destroying" if that makes sense?

Settings were as close to mine as I could manage to get them through memory. They didn't mind me messing as they rarely watch 3d.

To add to the confusion, visited some relatives who also have the 40" C750 at the weekend. They let me play around and I saw they had the 1016 fw.

3d was ok, but watching Hugo 3d blu ray showed more crosstalk on their set running 1016 than mine does on 3011. Noticeably more.

One thing I noticed was that when mine on 3011 shows crosstalk usually on games, but occassionally on SKY 3d then the content becomes a headache inducing, virtually unwatchable mess. But crosstalk is very rare for me on movies at least. Theirs seemed to have more crosstalk on 1016 but it wasn't as "experience destroying" if that makes sense?

Settings were as close to mine as I could manage to get them through memory. They didn't mind me messing as they rarely watch 3d.

i think this part of the problem , even on the same firmware some people get different results...i thought 1016 was good, gave a nicer 3d image than 3011 but no better or worse xtalk. I was expecting 2004 to be even better but it seemed very similar in 3d to 1016 and for some reason not quite as sharp in 2d.....i am not going to confuse the situation by trying more firmwares so i am going to load 1016 again and leave it........:(

I've no idea what these numbers mean, and what numbers mine has, but if there was something wrong with it the way there is with yours I'd be right on to the supplier to fix it!

I have 1014 in my C750, and 2D and 3D are very nice for me

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom