1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung B450 owners thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by NX3, Apr 4, 2009.

1. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    First off I've search and I can't find an existing thread for this range on this forum.....

Just bought a LE22B450 / LE22B450C4W which is excellent so far in every respect. The only minor issue is the auto picture brightness is way too harsh and better set manually. It just jumps up and down the levels too quickly in big steps but once its off its fine. You can set various 'energy saving' levels as samsung call it which work fine or off so no issue really.

The other comment is the freeview tuner is weaker than those on Sony, Panasonic and a random supermarket freeview box we have. Swapping them over to the same cable point the others all get mux a channels fine e.g Five but Samsung struggles. It can get Five ok on a totally different point, its just not as sensitive.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. Jim Ord

Jim Ord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi NX3,
    I was thinking of getting this TV as well, but my only concern is the sound - which Samsung doesn't have a great reputation for. Is it any good on the B450? Also, does it perform well for gaming? As this will also be an important issue for me. Personally I'm torn between this and the Sony KDL23B4050, which is about £50 more.
  3. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Sound it ok, better than previous years models and compares well with a Sony 20" we got last year. Not tried any consoles on it so can't comment on that. We didn't go for the KDL23B4050 as it can't be wall mounted and a bit more expensive. I think the 4 series Samsungs are a big improvement over last years.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  4. liolidis

liolidis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the 32'' today from RS for £370.

Very good impression so far.

Looking forward to ps3 and wii settings.

For now I'll just use the LE-A455/456/457 settings.
  5. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
  6. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Update worked, no idea what's different ! :)
  7. nenito2k

nenito2k Member

Ratings:
    +56
    NX3...you said that the B4 is a big improvement compared to the 2008 A4. But i DID read the specifications on the 2009 model...and it is EXACTLY the same as the 2008 model !!!! i am crazy or what????
    - still the same old engine DNIE+ (not even pro!)
    - still the same blacks
    - Still some motion blur

the only new thing is the design !!????:rolleyes:....the proof is that it costs exactly the same price, see...?
  8. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    I'll qualify what I said...

Price...(I was in John Lewis) where the 22" A series is £342 and the B series is £299. Other prices are lower than JL but at the time in 22" the A series was generally more expensive than the B4 series.

Comparing the two sets side by side, going through the menus and controls overall to me the picture on the B series was much better to look at. Also you seemed to have more control over the picture settings.

Just my opinion, you may disagree of course. Its best to compare side by side and see for yourself of course, see which you prefer.

The B65x series is available if you want a higher spec model.
  9. nenito2k

nenito2k Member

Ratings:
    +56
    ahh i see NX4. Well guess we will have to wait once more for reviews and compare with our own eyes if possible.
  10. mec235

mec235 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the 26'' today, but I need help for best settings for freeview tuner.
    Thanks
  11. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Not got mine handy but take it off dynamic and get to standard to start with!
  12. mec235

mec235 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, but I don't like standard view... it's too artificial in my opinion. I'm trying to set manually but it's very hard ! :)
  13. droitwichdos

droitwichdos Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
  14. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  15. adbrad

adbrad Member

Ratings:
    +54

I think the new model has a better picture processer for sd tv. Other than that im not sure:confused:
  16. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    adbrad, pretty much what I said in the side by side comparison which is more that good enough reason for me to get a B over A series.
  17. ElectricWizard

ElectricWizard Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I can confirm that SDTV is great on this model also the sound is pretty good too.

I don`t get any input lag when playing my Xbox 360.

Also i have no backlight bleed or clouding, blacks are really black so great for watching dark movies like Sin City.

Overall this is a great tv if you don`t mind some motion blur.
  18. PTP400

PTP400 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I have just purchaseda LE33B450 for the bedroom and I am generally very happy.

One niggle I have is in the freeview now/then guide you can't scroll a page at a time although the manual states this is possible in the mini guide. Am I missing something?

Thanks
  19. ElectricWizard

ElectricWizard Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well i have fixed my problem with motion blur when playing my Xbox 360 i connected it via component and i get no ghosting and a sharper PQ so if anyone is gonna be using a console with this tv use component. :)
  20. Xbox360HD

Xbox360HD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions about the samsung leXXb450 lcd tv's.

I want to buy a nice flatscreen and the b450 seems to be the one for me.
    I have been researching a lot and think i got the hang of all the terms like progressive, interlaced etc.
    First of all lcd, because it will be used for xbox360 gaming, and i dont want it to burn-in. Led is too expensive.

Hd-ready(720p) seems ideal for xbox360, as xbox360 games do not natively produce 1080, and will just upscale to 1080 to fill the screen, so it would be useless and expensive to buy a full HD(1080) tv. It will also be used for standarddefinition TV, wich is almost always 576i, so there is no need for fullhd(1080) at all, i dont even own a device that natively puts out 1080.

I will probably buy the 32" version, as its affordable for me(im 17 years old and work at the mcdonalds:laugh:), its not too big for the bedroom, but still big enough for using as main tv when i move out.

I have been searching the internet for 4 days now and could not find the answer to the following question:
    Does it(the samsung le32b450) support 60Hz? This is pretty important as there are quite a bunch of xbox360 games that require 60Hz or will simply not run.

The specs say that it has an on-board digital television tuner, does that mean that i can just plug in the cable and have digital SDTV?
    This would be very nice as sepperate (?setup?)boxes are pretty expensive, and the house's tv cable already has 5 tvs hooked up to it, so some channels show a little less quality then they used to do when there were only 2 tv's hooked to to it.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the english, im dutch :) ,

Stefhan
  21. ElectricWizard

ElectricWizard Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it supports 60 HZ and secondly the TV has built in FREEVIEW which you need an antenna for.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  22. Xbox360HD

Xbox360HD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks alot, i think this is the one im going to buy.

Im not sure what the english term was for antenna, so i said cable, sorry for that. :)

So you just hook up the tv to the antenna, and you have digital sdtv? With the same channels as analog tv has?

The ghosting/motionblur is'nt that bad is it?
  23. ElectricWizard

ElectricWizard Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well in the UK we get FREEVIEW through an antenna, which is digital sdtv with about 30+ channels is that sort of service available in your area? If so all you need is a good quality antenna capable of picking up the signal.

As for the motion blur when watching tv i only get very slight blurring no ghosting. When playing my Xbox 360 i was getting some motion trails but i started using my component cable instead of HDMI and its a lot better.

One thing i will say though is the TV seems to need some time to warm up becuase for the first 15 min or so i get some ghosting after that it seems to go away. But my mothers LCD seems to do this aswell so it may be all LCD`s that do this.
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  24. Xbox360HD

Xbox360HD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks alot for your help! :thumbsup:
  25. faz54

faz54 Member

Ratings:
    +33
  26. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Once you setup the picture properly it helps a lot as with any LCD. Formula 1 is a good test with fast blacks etc, I watch Monaco GP on a 22" B450 and didn't see any at all imo.
  27. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
  28. faz54

faz54 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Hi

I'm trying to find out if its got twin DVB-C/T tuners as per the spec from play..

The scan for cable or terestial channs options shows on initial DVB setup on duel tuner models.
  29. Brainpower

Brainpower Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've got the LE32B450 since a couple of days. Good and relatively cheap for the bedroom.

But every time i turn the tv on or off I hear a sound. I can't find an option to set this whole function off. You guys have any ideas?
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  30. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333