1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Anynet Problems?

Discussion in 'All-in-one Systems' started by Speedyr369, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Speedyr369

Speedyr369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a real newbie to surround sound and have been trying to get my new Samsung HT TX315R all setup and working.

One of the problems I have is this anynet shenanigans as it is forever turning the tv unit on when I just want to listen to a cd and constantly turning on the surround sound when I just want to watch the tv.

Have I got this setup incorectly or is it intended to do this?
  2. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,149
    switch anynet off, its a pain in the rear.
    if you want multi item functionality then the best bet is to buy a remote like a harmony,which is a far better step than using hdmi control(which never works as people want).
  3. Speedyr369

Speedyr369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the reply, I will flick through the options to turn it off. Multifunctional remotes dont bother me so not a problem.
  4. Minimia

Minimia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to totally disagree with this. I have a really good Harmony remote, all programmed up for my Samsung TV, Samsung receiver, and Sky HD box. At best it is kinda OK.

It is actually loads better to hit 'Power' on my Samsung TV control (this turns on tv and receiver, and sets them both up correctly. After this, I use my Sky+ remote to control everything, channel changing,volume etc.

The Harmony has sat unused in the drawer for a long time now. Native controls > third party controls.
  5. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,149
    play, stop , fast forward, rewind, previous/next track, settings, etc..
    mulitple items controlled are they,backlighting switched on..???
    harmony/universal remote is still the best for multiple items.

and why you thought the need to dig up a 6 month old thread is mystifying.
  6. Minimia

Minimia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have both, and I prefer to use the native remotes than the Harmony.

But hey, we can have different opinions

I wasn't aware of the statute of limitations on posting. I was just posting on a 6 month old thread because it may save someone blowing £70 on a Harmony remote that some would regard as a bit of a PITA.

Actually, I've just changed my mind totally!!! Harmony univerals are teh best thing evar!!!

Anyone want to buy a very lightly used one?:D
  7. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,149
    £70 on a harmony..you can get a 525 for around £30 or less if you hunt around..
  8. p101chap

p101chap Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem speedy, (i have a sammy tv & home cinema-i thought id keep it the same but I would have been better of buying a different equipment) Anynet can be usefull, but why anyone would want the bloody tv switched on, when you want to listen to the radio/cd is beyond me. The only work around is to switch anynet on/off all the time. its a pain.