Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saint's Row the Third - Play and Help Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Action & Adventure Games' started by Rorifett, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Rorifett

Rorifett Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,873
    Seeing as my order was dispatched yesterday and I'm pretty excited about it sitting on my doormat when I get in tonight (very unlikely but I'm an optimist!) I thought I'd ping up the P&H thread for any of those folks lucky enough to get their copy through early!

Hope there's some good stat tracking for this... Will be interesting to see how many folks are killed by a 3 foot purple friend.
  2. Greasychipbutty

Greasychipbutty Active Member

Ratings:
    +294
    Mine's not been dispatched yet (HMV Online) but will def be contributing to this thread once it lands.
    If anyone's up for some co-op mentality too let me know or just send me an FR.
  3. xruiner89

xruiner89 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Mine's not been dispatched from GAME yet :/
  4. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Member

Ratings:
    +69
    I got the dispatch email from Tesco about midnight but someone has had theirs delivered from there already, so hopefully will be waiting for me tonight or turn up tomorrow. I'm away for the weekend so would like to try it out before I go :D
  5. Bojan11

Bojan11 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Got it for £28 from Tesco and it came today. Great service.
  6. Rorifett

Ratings:
    +2,873
    It's ridiculous how reading that some folk have this already is making me more excited about getting it, gonna be so disappointed when I go home tonight and it's not there!
  7. Rorifett

Ratings:
    +2,873
    So, gutted I was right enough. What's everyone's first impressions? Been reading a few reviews and doesn't seem to live up to SR2 but then SR1 wasn't that great so SR2 seemed like a massive improvement whereas we're expecting something a bit better from SR3 compared to SR2 and it might not be such a leap forward.

I'm just looking forward to fannying around throughout the game world to be perfectly honest :)
  8. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Ordered with Tesco and it arrived yesterday. It's a crazy game, very fun to play and seems pretty original too in some of the ideas.

It does seem to lack a bit of polish though like most games these days. Quite a few little bugs and glitches. Nothing major. I'm sure these will be sorted out in an update.

On the whole a pretty good game and a lot of fun :smashin:
  9. Caskey

Caskey Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    Word of warning, if you do a mission called 'Three way' then take plenty of explosives. So frustrating when you only have a tank to blow up and have no explosives and nothing else will work.
  10. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Member

Ratings:
    +69
    So some other people must have got this by now... anyone elses thoughts on the game?
  11. Rorifett

Ratings:
    +2,873
    I was gutted I didn't have my copy at home last night... Had a note to collect from post office though so the mrs hopefully picked that up today... Unless it was another delivery which arrived yesterday... Might mean I get to play this before 10pm when the other half gets home... Too excited lol
  12. Greasychipbutty

Greasychipbutty Active Member

Ratings:
    +294
    Mine was despatched wednesday so really hopeful its waiting for me when i get home. Will send some FR's out to you chaps if ok for some co-op shenanigans.
  13. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Definitely would be up for that, yet to try Co-Op. Won't be on again until next week now though! Drop me a FR though :smashin:
  14. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Active Member

Ratings:
    +251
    Haven't a clue when mine'll be here, but can't wait for this one! :D
  15. Stutto

Stutto Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Didn't realise that THQ had done an EA and you need to use the code in the box to play online.....:thumbsdow

Disappointed that my Sainsburys entertainment pre order did not have the Genki codes in but I can't knock the price. It didn't state that it did, but I thought that all pre orders had it.:confused:

I've only played a few missions but there has been no trying to build up friendship missions yet!:devil:
  16. Tetlee

Tetlee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,907
    I think EA finally got there way now and all the other devs/publishers seem to have followed their lead. I pretty much take it as a given this past year that any new release with integral online will have some form of online pass:thumbsdow
  17. bwfc09

bwfc09 Active Member

Ratings:
    +297
    im loving it so far

constantly laughing its so random and stupid and im actually finding it easier to kill enemies with the big purple dildo than a machine gun lmao!

the streaking activity is amazing to i cant believe you can actually have your character naked all the way through the game
  18. LeeDicko

LeeDicko Active Member

Ratings:
    +327
    I'm loving it too!

The one thing that bugs me is the bloody slowdown while driving, really annoying. Also the amount of popup that happens in this game is shocking.

Good fun though!
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  19. Natalie92

Natalie92 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Great game so much fun i don't even want to do the missions i have more fun messing around causing havoc.
  20. louisg

louisg Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Return to steelport is driving me mad, where you have to protect angel. I'm playing on hard and keep getting killed as I have revive angel all the time. He just won't move out of the line of fire when the brute arrives
  21. kav

kav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10,260
    I'm loving this, reminds of GTA back when GTA was fun - so easy to just ignore the story and go around causing havoc. It's a pleasure to get stuck into a game that takes nothing - least of all itself - seriously.
  22. Rorifett

Ratings:
    +2,873
    There is something ridiculously joyful about just running around slapping people, I know it's immature but it really is a wee pleasure getting away from stuffy storylines and games that try too hard. I've noticed the gangs and police are on your case a lot quicker in this, doesn't take long before you're being hunted from all angles. I've noticed some nice wee glitches, one like the 'worm' glitch in Battlefield where folks have extended bodies/necks and they start to go all crazy with flailing limbs, looks daft but I do laugh.

Not played too much of the story so far but liking that upgrades can be bought to keep you going throughout the game, hopefully there are more than the ones you can see from the off though. Can see this being my go-to game when I've got a wee bit time to spare and just want some mind numbing fun :)
  23. Dirtschmooz

Dirtschmooz Active Member

Ratings:
    +359
    have this on pc. one question.....how do you get the coppers of your tail? is the only way to go back to a safe house?
  24. rebel_scum

rebel_scum Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,710
    Either a safe house, or a store/building that you own.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  25. Mr-Bananas

Mr-Bananas Member

Ratings:
    +212
    Got this today, really shocked at how bad it looks.

Choppy framerate and some awful screen tearing. Was really hoping they would have improved the visual on this game after Saints 2...............not too impressed.

Makes me appreciate just how good GTA looks and plays, just in a different league.
  26. Rorifett

Ratings:
    +2,873
    GTA isn't a patch on saint's for fun though, swings and roundabouts :)
  27. kav

kav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10,260
    I guess some people place graphics over gameplay, but for me GTA IV was a beautiful, sterile game with very outdated handling mechanics (seriously, the handling's almost unchanged since GTA III ten years ago). Saint's Row 3 for me goes back to the most fun and entertaining elements of the previous generation GTAs, and on top of this it removes all the annoying niggles - eg landing in water and having to swim half an hour to get to land is no hassle in SR3, you can just warp straight to land. There are a hundred touches like this that I've experienced in SR3 that for me make it a straight-up FUN experience. I don't give a toss about the graphics in a game like this, I just want to laugh and do crazy ****. For me it delivers on that in spades. :)
  28. Natalie92

Natalie92 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I have only got a little bit of choppy framerate since i have been playing. Graphics are not that bad i certainly not as bad as some make out. For sheer fun gameplay i am loving it! Think i am only about 6% into the main story so much other things to do. Definitely value for money!
  29. Rorifett

Ratings:
    +2,873
    Oops stayed up a bit late last night playing this, completed act 1, wasn't ridiculously late but 5 and a bit hours sleep is already taking it's toll :D
  30. Mr-Bananas

Mr-Bananas Member

Ratings:
    +212
    Fair enough. I am not going to get into a debate about which game is more fun, GTA for Saints. I am just surpised how unpolished this looks for a game on its third incarnation on the 360.

Visually, it just does not compare to GTA.