1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubbish Resolution with HDMI

Discussion in 'Monitors, Webcams & External Video Devices' started by UnionAdam, Aug 22, 2011.

1. UnionAdam

UnionAdam Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey!

My PC has a ATI 5770 graphics card, it has a HDMI and DVI connections. I have my Samsung SyncMaster P2450 H conecting up via DVI at the moment where the picture is crystal clear, with really vibrant colours. I thought id switch to using HDMI so I could us DVI for another montior to run dual display.

Using HDMI though the picture is terrible! Complete crap resolution and it doesn't fill the screen, I've looked through the ATI Catalyst control centre settings and moved everything up to 1080p but it doesn't seem to be changing, and ive used 2 different cables. Wondering if its a graphics card or monitor problem?

Any help appreciated
    Adam
  2. wongataa

wongataa Member

Ratings:
    +186
    It sounds like an overscan issue. You will have to go through all the monitor and grpahics settings on the computer and make sure it is turned off everywhere.
  3. LJx

LJx Active Member

Ratings:
    +365
    Hi is it possible to rename the source of the HDMI within the menus of the monitor to PC? I know this is how it works on samsung TVs but not sure about just monitors
  4. UnionAdam

UnionAdam Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Fixed! The monitor was set up under HDMI as 'TV' instead of 'Monitor' which I completely missed somehow, also adjusted the overscan, cheers guys!