Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RTE on Freesat

Discussion in 'Freesat Forum' started by jocky52, Dec 7, 2009.

1. jocky52

jocky52 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. My first post.
    I live in Edinburgh and have managed to get a Northern Ireland Freesat card (using my mother-in-law's address) working with my Sky receiver in a bid to get RTE.
    When I go to the RTE channels, it asks me to upgrade, which I might be happy to do at one point, but I just want to pay the money. I don't want my mother-in-law to be visited by the Sky installers.
    Is there any way of doing this just by paying for the package but not taking delivery of the Sky box?
  2. Mike02

Mike02 Member

Ratings:
    +91
    Jocky,

There is a way to receive RTE without involving SKY. [hint: a well known website has software that receives RTE amongst other channels]

Mike
  3. Geofbob

Geofbob Active Member

Ratings:
    +312
    You're actually in the wrong forum, because you seem to be referring to FreesatofromSky, not Freesat which is different service.

Though I'm no Sky expert, I don't see why Sky should visit your mum-in-law, because presumably they think she already has a box & dish (otherwise what would she be doing with a viewing card), & all she wants to do is upgrade from FreesatfromSky to a subscription package.
  4. Mike02

Mike02 Member

Ratings:
    +91
    Here's a live link for RTE:

RTÉ Ireland's National Television and Radio Broadcaster

(you will have to use a proxy IP)

Mike