Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Royal mail - special delivery question

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by D3ath k1ll3r, Oct 1, 2008.

1. D3ath k1ll3r

D3ath k1ll3r Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm currently bidding on a pair of tickets on ebay. Noticed that the end date is thursday 12:22pm and the concert is friday.

If they post next day delivery will this be ok? does anyone know if there is a cut of time for posting something next day?
  2. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,485
    I believe it is a reasonable 5pm cut off time though a more frequent post office queuer may be of more help

For you to get the ticket on Friday though the ebay seller would definitely have to be using next day special delivery by 9am/1pm (each are separate services) for you to get it in time

Saying that my mum sent me my birthday card by standard non-recorded 1st class and it arrived on time :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. GasDad

GasDad Remembered (1964-2012)

Ratings:
    +766
    For our local post office the cut off is 5-00pm. But bear in mind that special delivery takes (depending on the staff) around 5-10 minutes to actually sort out once you've reached the front of the queue

I think you'll find that was last years.
  4. KevD

KevD Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    My post office tell people that the cut off for Special Delivery is 5.15pm but I often go in later and send stuff SD no problem.

I dont think they guarantee next day delivery on a Saturday unless you pay a little extra.

But yes, as long as you pay up sharpish if you get them, you should receive them on time :)
  5. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,485
    Yes Saturday delivery is indeed extra, and you have to specifically ask for it. Otherwise a parcel sent standard special delivery on a Friday would arrive Monday
    New flat :D