1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robocop Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-rays, DVDs & Streaming Services' started by The News Bot, Oct 25, 2007.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot News Supplying Robot Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443
    Reviewed by Andrew Mogford
    This is the definitive Robocop despite the Aspect Ratio. The picture and sound are easily the best that the film has ever looked, and likely to be the best that the film will look until we are having it holographically beamed onto our eyeballs.

However, the set is badly let down by the complete lack of extras. Personally, I will always go for the best transfer and sound mix over extras every time, as for me it is about the film. However, those who are prepared to take a dip in quality on the film in order to get the extras, will probably be advised to pick up the new SD release.
    Read the full review...
  2. meansizzler

meansizzler Active Member

Ratings:
    +219
    Is this the same as the X-Rated Criterion version of does it have less violence?

Also is the pic any better than the awfull Terminator 2 Blu-Ray Transfer, and is Mpeg 2 used?..
  3. Andrew Mogford

Andrew Mogford Blu-ray Reviewer

Ratings:
    +146
    Hi Meansizzler.

Apologies for missing out the Mpeg 2 details - I have updated the review and the specs.

It is indeed, the fully uncut version of the film, as seen on the criterian disc - but it looks a hell of a lot better.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. meansizzler

Ratings:
    +219
    UKversion is out, is it uncut also?
  5. Andrew Mogford

Andrew Mogford Blu-ray Reviewer

Ratings:
    +146
    Hi again meansizzler.

If I do get the R2 title for review, and it is not region coded, then I could tell you - at this moment there are no plans for me to do so.

There is a form you can fill in on the site where you can request titles for review, so if you fill that in it will be sent to the pool of reviewers.
  6. meansizzler

Ratings:
    +219
    OK, I bought the UK version but some muppet but the US Disc inside so it's all good....:D
  7. system11

system11 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone know if the UK release is cut or not? I have the Criterion SD version, and I'm not upgrading if it means some of the film is lost.

One comment on Amazon says it's cut, one says it isn't...