1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robocop (7 Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by raigraphixs, Mar 18, 2008.

?

How did you rate this film?

1. 10

5.7%
  2. 9

2.9%
  3. 8

28.6%
  4. 7

31.4%
  5. 6

11.4%
  6. 5

14.3%
  7. 4

2.9%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.9%
  1. Matt

Matt Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I probably won't buy that for a dollar

(one for the fans there)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,749
    Robocop is a classic leave it alone. Fair enough if they want to bring out a new Robocop, just make it a new story.
  3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,223
    That is the bit that most people in Hollywood seem to have problems and rather remake something that is already done rather than come up with something new. Are they trying to make it another seres that is a reboot? It worked for Batman Begins but doesn't mean every series needs to be done. I am hating the idea of the Nightmare on Elm Street remake especially without Robert Englund.

I think this Robocop is bad idea but a new film will always be welcome. At least with the Friday the 13th remake it will just be like a any other Friday film with Jason in it. Those films don't have a story to start with.
  4. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,711
    The only thing that MIGHT salvage this from being utter turd is if they make it ultra-violent like the first...if they go for anything less than an 18 rating it will suck...big time!
  5. nwgarratt

Ratings:
    +2,223
    I bet it will be highly likely to be a PG13/15 cert. Anything that should be violent is toned down just to make more people be able to see it. Look at what happend to Max Payne. That should have been a R rated/18.
  6. SibTiger33

SibTiger33 Member

Ratings:
    +237
    if its not an 18 i highly doubt i will watch this.

but the talk is that it will be a 18 (but that may just be talk to drum up noise for this film..we will see )

but yes i agree that if its a remake of the original series then its a big no no.
  7. nwgarratt

Ratings:
    +2,223
    The same was said for Max Payne. According to the Director it was submitted as a 18 but then the studios changed it to a 15 and so he had to cut it.
  8. enablerbro1

enablerbro1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +284
    I was watching Robocop a month or so ago and it really hasn't aged all that well. Still, no reason it should be rehashed.
  9. mattrixdesign2

mattrixdesign2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +505
    My guess it will be a 12 rating, then some dodgy sequels Robocop vs Terminator, Robocop vs Terminator Requiem, Robocop and Terminator vs Alien and Preditor - Ultmiate Face Off ... may be?
  10. FunkyMunkey

FunkyMunkey Member

Ratings:
    +144
    If they remake this and it's anywhere near the quality of the original, I'll eat my hat!
  11. mattrixdesign2

mattrixdesign2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +505
    Your hat is very safe.
  12. Urien Rheged

Urien Rheged Active Member

Ratings:
    +526
    This is a very bad idea....there is no way it will be better than the original.
  13. PoochJD

PoochJD Member

Ratings:
    +1,916
    Hi,

Definitely a bad idea on all counts! Personally, maybe the remake should be retitled: "RoboFlop: When Hollywood Can't Be Arsed!" :rotfl:

Pooch
  14. GYRODEC1

GYRODEC1 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Hello,

I also agree with other members. If Robocop is remade it would be totally crap, and so many of us would be comparing it with the original.

A bad idea. Just like the new Knight Rider series.

:thumbsdow
  15. SlinkDaddy

SlinkDaddy Member

Ratings:
    +302
    I really hate the word franchise when used to talk about films or a series of films like they do in your link. I know it's an industry and needs to make money but I really despise the term franchise when talking about films:mad::suicide:. It just makes it feel even more cold and heartless for me.

I'm very much against this as a remake of the original. If they tell a new story with modern effects etc then great at least there will be a new film to watch. They could set a few years down the line to explain more modern technology etc, Robocop could even be the new upgraded second generation of Weller's original character. But if they are just Bayifying;) the original then I really see no need or good reason for the film to be made IMO.
  16. SibTiger33

SibTiger33 Member

Ratings:
    +237
  17. SlinkDaddy

SlinkDaddy Member

Ratings:
    +302
    The trailer for Robocop 2 isn't exactly a teaser is it:rotfl:? They pretty much just showed you the whole film in 2 mins:eek:.
  18. Sorj

Sorj Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Dang! DAWG! you took that line when i was thinking about a post!
    I am not sure about his one. The original was amazing to the fact that it made you wonder if it was really possible. I would be mortifired if they CGed robocop. Animatronics was the day in age which gave the likes of ED209 a sense of life.

Isn't that the norm these days :rotfl:
  19. Sorj

Sorj Member

Ratings:
    +24
    How can you call robocop a family film when you got scenes like that guy who got spashed with toxic waste then ran over by the van which spilled his gut all over. That scene really haunted me for nights on end :rolleyes:

'Murphy, its you!'
    rated 15 .. robot violence gone PC...
  20. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Yes, but the TV version has him driving around him, avoiding him completely.

And every swearword removed.

Therefore, making it a family film.
  21. Sorj

Sorj Member

Ratings:
    +24
    OMG i swear i have forgotten about the tv series... *sorj, huddles in fetal postion, mubbling 'its not true. It didn't happen' over and over again...

:suicide:
  22. PoochJD

PoochJD Member

Ratings:
    +1,916
    "Oh dear. What a pity. Never mind" :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:
  23. shanks197

shanks197 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

lol
  24. DVD-Man

DVD-Man Active Member

Ratings:
    +690
    I think they should just put this thought to bed, a PG/12 rated Robocop? **** off!

Verhoven made this film what it was and the sequels just got poorer and poorer (is that a word?)

Liam
  25. raigraphixs

raigraphixs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,744
    Brazilian director Jose Padilha (Elite Squad 1 & 2) in talks to helm ‘Robocop' reboot

<object width="512" height="328" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=521706ecf7" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed width="512" height="328" flashvars="key=521706ecf7" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
  26. rebel_scum

rebel_scum Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,677
    That's not a bad choice, actually.
  27. lee667

lee667 Active Member

Ratings:
    +291
    they better keep it 18, there is no way robocop should be remade for a tween audience
  28. rebel_scum

rebel_scum Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,677
    They've already tried diluting it for a younger audience, be it Robocop 3, the animated series and the live-action series. All crap, so hopefully they've learned.

I didn't mind the Prime Directives show, even if the guy playing Robocop looked like a midget holding a poo in.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  29. Stockholm

Stockholm Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    ^:laugh:

I can't see a reboot working out well. Was Darren Aronofsky really - really! - going to direct the reboot at one point??? That's pretty bizarre. I just can't imagine what his version of Robocop would be like. Any ideas?

I watched Robocop last week again and it is still pretty entertaining. The scenes with ED-209 are no longer as menacing as I once found them, partly due to the SFX, which are now showing their age, and because of the animal noises it makes at times.

The ED-209 scene in the boardroom was one of my most terrifying childhood experiences, but when I watched it last week I found it hilarious, especially when someone shouts for an ambulance after that poor guy has been turned into mince by ED-209. Very funny!

I also began watching Robocop 2. WTH! Seriously, it is as if they are deliberately taking the wee wee: the music, the acting (especially Peter Weller, who seems to be treating it like a joke), the dialogue, scenes that make no sense (OCP tell Robocop to stay away from his ex-wife but then they bring her to him???), the scene with the baby, the editing... actually, the whole thing is a mess.

I can't imagine Robocop 3 being worse than 2.
  30. pragmatic

pragmatic Previously gazbarber

Ratings:
    +827
    I literally dare you to watch robocop 3:suicide:
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011