1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road rash (Megadrive) : Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming' started by Haggler, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Haggler

Haggler Member

Ratings:
    +661
    Deemed one of the greatest games of all time Megadrive (1991)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Game music remix

Wikipedia game info Click here

*Note*
    If you owned and played this game on another format feel free to post within
    this thread regardless, alternate formats won't be getting a separate thread as
    that would be overkill, just mention the format you played it on when posting.

Complete list of all the already posted or upcoming
    Classic retro game Appreciation threads is available Here

:smashin:
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Haggler

Haggler Member

Ratings:
    +661
    Post all your recollections and classic gaming moments of this awesome game here, it was and still is one of the best games ever made, relive those memories within this thread.

Anyone wishing to submit a review for this game please do so, i'd be glad to link to it at some future stage, everyone else post those stories of gaming heaven Road rash related of course.

Ideas for posting could include :-

How much you paid for the game?
    Did you pay over the odds for an import release to get it early?
    Was it worth the money?
    Did you do a midnight game collection on day of release?
    Did this title influence your decision to buy it's associated system?
    How has it stood up to the test of time?

Alongside the usual game play and game content discussion, which is always welcome, the possibilities are endless.
  3. Sanders79

Sanders79 Member

Ratings:
    +158
    I can't believe nobody has commented on this one. Road Rash was a brilliant game, I think EA were really in a sweet spot with the Mega Drive, wth this, EA Hockey, John Madden and Desert Strike the standouts for me.

I remember saving up loads of cash to buy a better bike, then getting one that was so fast I couldn't control it :) And also trying to knock the police off their bikes, even though I knew it was impossible. Running back to the bike after a big crash before the cops arrived to arrest me... all good, innocent childhood fun! Would love to see this on the Wii virtual console!
  4. Toasty

Toasty Active Member

Ratings:
    +989
    This is one of the first games I bought using mail order, remember when you'd see adverts in games mags with loads of game titles printed in font 4 with dots leading to a price? Well, scanned down one of those and saw Road Rage, can't recall the price but do recall it arriving just before I was leaving for work and being tempted to pull a sickie. Great fun game, which I played again last year on an android phone :D
  5. turk3y

turk3y Active Member

Ratings:
    +702
    A friend had Road Rage on the megadrive, was quite young so cant say much about the game other than it was nice to play, music was not bad. I had it on the Amiga and also the Game Gear but played it most with a friend on his megadrive, but also loved the lesser known offshoot Skitchin

[​IMG]

which used the same engine and the same idea, you where roller bladers who used cars to pull you along for speed and had plenty of weapons to tenderize the other racers.

If you liked Road Rash then this is worth checking out if only for the novelty value.
  6. pRot3us

pRot3us Active Member

Ratings:
    +897
    I played road rash on the PS1 I borrowed off a mate (before buying my own), great game at the time.

I remember leaving on for hours while getting drunk with another mate, stopped playing early on and ended up watching this video about 12 times (it popped up regularly as an attract mode if you left the game on the title screen) :beer: :zonked: :laugh: :

7. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,439
    I used to love Road Rash. I remember consistently crashing before the finish line and then giving it legs over the line instead of heading back for my bike! :D
  8. Warren3

Warren3 Member

Ratings:
    +64
    I played this game again recetly and still loved it
  9. Azzin

Azzin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,988
    News: Game Informer teasing 'old school' game reveal - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
  10. Courtjezter

Courtjezter Active Member

Ratings:
    +855
  11. Simba

Simba Active Member

Ratings:
    +349
    truely brilliant game!
  12. Supernova74

Supernova74 Member

Ratings:
    +80
    played this on the megadrive and later remember having it on my 3DO - mates were blown away by the fmv and real music tracks ! of course the game was amazing to play also