1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resetting Sky PIN/Parental Control

Discussion in 'Sky, Sky+, Sky HD & Sky 3D' started by imerriman, Dec 29, 2005.

1. imerriman

imerriman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The other night I recorded a 15 certificate film on Sky+, now when I try & watch it, it demands my PIN.

I've tried the obvious PINs (last 4 digits of the viewing card etc) but it won't work.

I've never turned Parental Control On (unless the Mrs, somehow did it by accidentally sleeping on the remote) but now I can't turn it off.

Is there a way to reset the PIN, without phoning Sky & waiting for hours on the customer service line?

Thanks in advance
  2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK New Member

Ratings:
    +315
    Some people have found that the last 4 digits of their Sky account number works.
  3. imerriman

imerriman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I've tried the last 4 digits of my viewing card & my customer account number, but neither work.

I've also emailed Sky, but several days on and still no reply.

Does anyone else please have any suggestions?
  4. Rochdale

Rochdale Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had to call customer services. They did a software update a few months ago that meant parental control was enabled for everything even when you've got it turned off, pain in the arse!

The call to customer services wasn't too painful. About 10 minutes waiting, then he gave me my code, I changed it to something I'd remember, got into parental control and turned it back off...... and it still asks me for a pin sometimes. I don't know which dumbass programmer made these changes but he needs to be shot. In the nuts. Twice.
  5. dazz111

dazz111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same problem ,just phone them up (08705 800800) they will tell you your pin number.
  6. Starburst

Starburst Member

Ratings:
    +1,037
    The problem was/is that for many people the PIN was the last four numbers of the smartcard issued before they were replaced by a new generation of smartcards a couple of years ago.
    So when people put in the digits from the current card it doesn't work and alas if they can remember the digits from the original smartcard the OS no longer recognises them since the new cards were married to the box!

As others have said the whole PIN exercise has been implemented poorly.
  7. imerriman

imerriman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, guess I'll have to ring Sky
  8. oxy

oxy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    happening to me , im sure sky told me it defaults to 1 2 3 4 , worked for me when I put that code in anyway
  9. imerriman

imerriman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Oxy I tried 1234 it didn't work either (thanks anyway)

I've had the following response from Sky