Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace a Paradigm PS-1200... With What??

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by tut_gareth, Feb 20, 2012.

1. tut_gareth

tut_gareth Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi,

I've had many entertaining years out of my Paradigm PS-1200 and it is still going strong, but time has come to replace it with something smaller in size but hopefully not lose too much in volume or authority....

I'd still like to keep to 12 inches for the drive unit but the box needs to be smaller in size, I use it mainly for films,TV and gaming and occasionally music.

I have a budget around the £400-700 mark. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated? :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. tut_gareth

tut_gareth Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Anyone...? :lease:
  3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,287
    Paradigm DSP-3200 at £699?

More power, slightly smaller and within budget. Can be used with the PBK-1 EQ kit too. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Chris.
  4. tut_gareth

tut_gareth Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Cheers :),
    I'll put that one on my demo list ... If I can find somewhere that sells Paradigm these days.
  5. NickEdin

NickEdin Member

Ratings:
    +75
    If you can make it up to Edinburgh we have the following Paradigm models available for demonstration. We can also offer to let you take any of these models away for a home trial.

Paradigm PDR-80
    Paradigm DSP-3200
    Paradigm SE Sub
    Paradigm Monitor Sub 10
    Paradigm Ultracube 12
    Paradigm Millenia Sub
    Paradigm Seismic 110
    Paradigm Studio Sub 12
    Paradigm Studio Sub 15
    Paradigm Signature Sub 25
    Paradigm Signature Sub 1
    Paradigm Signature Sub 2

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris.
  6. tut_gareth

tut_gareth Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi Chris,

Now thats a coincidence!! I have just been checking out your website :smashin:

Thanks for the offer but Edinburgh is little bit far for me to travel for a demo, though I'll be up near that way in the summer months, maybe I could drop in.

How do the Sunfire SDS-12's fair up?
  7. NickEdin

NickEdin Member

Ratings:
    +75
    As said previously, we can offer home demos of any of these models too if required. Full payment for the sub up front and return shipping costs on the sub £1000 models will be at your cost should you decide not to keep it.

Let's put it this way, other than a few style orientated subwoofers designed to match up with some of sub/sat systems we offer, we don't carry anything other than Paradigm subwoofers. The PBK capable models really do offer stunning performance for the money when properly calibrated.

Cheers,

Chris.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. tut_gareth

tut_gareth Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks I'll bear this in mind.
    As a rough guide how much would shipping be to Woking, Surrey for say the Paradigm DSP-3200?

As I have a Paradigm already there's no harm in sticking with what I know. I just like to get a feel of what else is available :)
  9. NickEdin

NickEdin Member

Ratings:
    +75
    We would not charge for shipping it to you, however if you decided not to keep it or did not wish to purchase a new one then safe return shipping and the costs would be your responsibility.

Perfectly understandable. I just wanted to make it clear we have chosen to not carry any other brands of subwoofer for good reason, there are we feel very few other subwoofers that are sold via dealers that can offer the sort of performance and value proposition that the Paradigms currently do.

Cheers,

Chris.