Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regret Selling My iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by Andrew Page84, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Hi All,

Now I know your probably all going to think I am mad, but I bought a 4S 32GB at the end of December, I really think its a great phone, however I found myself not really using it at home as I use my PC quite a lot, I dident really play many games on it. I liked games like Angry birds and started it but just got a bit bored.

So I decided to put it on Ebay last week and the auctioned finished on Friday, I got £510 for my iPhone. I did not really use most features such as icloud, itunes match, I had some music on my phone and really all I tend to do is text and call people and use the internet. So I decided to get a cheaper phone and bought a Samsung Galaxy Y however I now wonder if I am going to regret it :(.

Everything just feels a lot more painful to use, hopefully this will pass as I dont want to have to buy a new iPhon again, and also to get 32GB I would be out of pocket by £100 :(.

I should of listened to the wife when she said the words "Are you sure you wont regret it?". Well unfortuately I think she was right :(
  2. dc8900

dc8900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,475
    ouch, if you want an another iPhone your best bet is to get one with warranty off the AVF classifieds here

that's my two pence

p.s. there's a reason why the SWMBO acronym exists ;)
  3. Dabs

Dabs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry to hear that mate, but i've seen that sentence so many times now and i know this wont help you right now but always try another phone before you buy!!! But maybe you're helping others if they're trying to decide the same thing. Sorry again mate and i hope i've not pee'd you off!
  4. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    You're not the first and certainly wont be the last to make a similar move and regret it :)

Just a thought, but why not sell the Galaxy Y and buy an iPhone 4 instead? The experience for your use as you've listed wont be any different to the 4S, but it's still money in your pocket.
  5. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks Dabs :), I am not to disheartened as I try and tell myself at the end of the day its just a phone, although a bloody good phone :D

I suppose on the plus side I could always treat myself to the iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi and still be £100 better off :smashin:
  6. bpsmith

bpsmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +709
    But if you don't really use it at home it's a daft move as wont slip into your pocket so well like an iPhone would.
  7. Sartios

Sartios New Member

Ratings:
    +228
    I did the same, I got a 4s when they come out and sold it later, regretted it painfully, I got myself another one now though and it won't be going anywhere this time.
  8. ricric

ricric Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I sold my iPhone 4 last year and bought a galaxy s2 biggest mistake of my life.

I was so happy when I sold it and bought a iPhone 4s .
  9. Paddy C

Paddy C Member

Ratings:
    +97
    The sad thing is you can't really "try" another phone before you buy. Most shops don't have working displays, only dummies, and you can't really tell if you like a phone or have a feel for it until you've used it for a while. Shops don't offer a 14 day "try it and see if you like it" option unless you have a contract and even then they mightn't take it back unless there is a fault with it.

People are expected to blind buy and if they don't like it, they have to lump it, or sell it and in some cases miss out on a chunk of the price just because it's not brand new. Sad, but true.
  10. nigelbb

nigelbb Active Member

Ratings:
    +498
    The exception of course is that Apple give you a 14-day 'no quibble' remorse period in which you can return your iPhone for a full refund.
  11. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I really am missing my iPhone 4S now, I am thinking possibly of just biting the bullet and getting a 16GB iPhone 4S and at least that way I have not lost any money, and I have only lost 16GB memory.

I really dont know what to do, the wife is getting fed up with my decision making! :rolleyes: . Its only until you use something else that you realise how inferior a lot of other phones are.

Any opinions welcome :)

Cheers

Andrew
  12. dejongj

dejongj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,359
    Hey at least your realised it after one other phone, in one year I hate a galaxy s (returned within 7 days as it was awful), a desire hd (not too bad but only if you like tinkering and i hate htc sense) and a palm pre 2 (actually liked it but it turned to be a dead end) so got an iPhone 4 again :)
  13. SHATNERSTACTIC

SHATNERSTACTIC Active Member

Ratings:
    +448
    If you need the space take the hit and go for the 32, universal apps are only going to get bigger with another resolution to support and you don't want to have to change again. Balance the extra against the likely increased value when you come to upgrade and it brings that figure down a little.

Lesson for us all, 4s -> Budget Android phone :nono::D
  14. Paddy C

Paddy C Member

Ratings:
    +97
    Save your money, get the iPhone 5 later this year and put up with a crappier phone for the next few months knowing what you'll have at the end of it!
  15. Daddy k

Daddy k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +521
    IF a new phone is released this year.
  16. lunch_box

lunch_box Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Same here!! Left iPhone for a htc sensation xe. Nothing wrong with the htc, infact it was a lovely looking phone it's just there is no substitute for apples polish on their products!

Back on iPhone now and couldn't be happier
  17. Rami Tupper

Rami Tupper Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I bought a galaxy note and advertised my 4s for sale but once I started using android properly I realised my mistake and returned the galaxy to amazon.de, its a shame as I love the big screen on the note and with the bigger 5 row onscreen keyboard typing was a joy with my big sausage fingers, and annotating pictures with the s pen was useful for surveying jobs, but android apps are nowhere near as refined as they are on iOS. tunein radio pro on android was a big disappointment, no ff/rewind, when 3g dropped it often didn't recover right, bluetooth streaming to the parrot MKi9200 is very flaky, samsung tv remote didn't work at all on the notes screen which is disappointing since its a samsung product and the various cctv apps i use were nowhere near as slick or polished as their iOS counterparts. All that to say, yes I did regret trying to swap sides and it cost me dosh shipping the note back to germany and I'm left with the note accessories I bought off ebay.

Heres hoping apple get with the times and put a bigger size screen on the ip5, that was the only reason I made the change. Typing on the 4s is a pain, and tomtom could do with a bigger screen. Maybe if they bring out a 6 or 7" ipad I'd get that though.
  18. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Thats what I am thinking now, wish I had took the hit on the 32GB rather than buying the 16GB

I went to my local Apple store in Lakeside, and I purchased a Black 16GB iPhone 4S, I was planning on setting it up today as did not have time yesterday, its still in its packaging, but cant help wondering if I should of gone for 32GB again :(. Think Apple store would exchange it as its been unopened?
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  19. dejongj

Ratings:
    +4,359
    Even if you did open it they would exchange it. But go out now and exchange it now you know you want to.
  20. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    The wife thinks I am mad, but I am just leaving now to exchange it :D
  21. TheBagelDog

TheBagelDog Member

Ratings:
    +22
    You sold it on Ebay for £510 thats £51 in final vaule fee :suicide
  22. encnew

encnew Member

Ratings:
    +3

really? :eek:
  23. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Crap did not think of that :facepalm:

Well I have just got back from Apple store and exchanged the 16GB for a 32GB and am happier now :).

On the plus side I got Argos to refund me for the Galaxy Y I bought, so least I have not made a loss I would of done if I had to sell that on ebay.

Its great to have an iPhone back :)
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  24. TheBagelDog

TheBagelDog Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Plus the paypal fees. Just keep hush misses will never know. :laugh
  25. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Paypal took £10 in fees :(
  26. dejongj

Ratings:
    +4,359
    Anyway, you are back now :) It is only money, now you can enjoy a good integrated system again :)
  27. TheBagelDog

TheBagelDog Member

Ratings:
    +22
    £61 to sell a fone is crazy. Ebay is a mega rip off.
  28. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    That is the way I am trying to look at it :)

Need to get onto RBS Royalties Gold insurance on Monday to register this bad boy :)

Also I am gonna order a case and screen protectors from Amazon, although Im scared to take it out with me naked :eek:
  29. dejongj

Ratings:
    +4,359
    All my devices are naked as I think they are good looking the way they are. The only one I had in a case was my 3G white in a nice vaja case.
  30. Andrew Page84

Andrew Page84 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Do you bother with screen protectors? :)

I just worry about dropping my iPhone, I am hopefully going to get the new iPad in the coming months and would be worried if I did not have a case for that