Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording from Sky box and TV Freeview to blu ray player/recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by pompeyexile, Jan 15, 2010.

1. pompeyexile

pompeyexile Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I know i'm a complete village idiot when it comes to all this but can someone please help?

I have a Panasonic 850 blu ray player/recorder and I have Sky HD and am just about to have the Freesat also connected up.

Is it possible for the following:

When my old vhs recorder was connected to the Sky box I could copy something i'd recorded from the Sky hard disc on to a VHS tape, (things like Top Gear) and could send it to a mate in Sweden.
    Can I connect my player/recorder to the Sky box and do the same? i.e. copy from the Sky hard drive to the blu ray hard drive and then onto a DVD to send to my mate?

Also whilst I know the blu ray has Freesat as does my Panny TV but can I also record from the Freeview channels from the Freeview tuner on the TV to the blu ray hard disc? I only ask this as a back up if the satelite feeds go down.

I do have a scart going from the blu ray player recorder to the Sky box as I did with my VHS recorder but don't seem to be able to pick up anything so I guess that isn't right.
    I also have a HDMI cable going from the blu ray direct to the TV.

Any advice would be appreciated
  2. Broadz

Broadz Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,480
    Yes.

Yes. All Panasonic Freeview TV's are capable of outputting their digital terrestrial signal via a scart socket - and your Blu Ray DVD recorder can record via scart input.

Yes it is right. Make sure you have selected the correct AV input on the recorder to match whichever scart input you have connected it to.
  3. Gavtech

Gavtech Administrator

Ratings:
    +4,251
    Use a fully wired scart... and use the TV Output scart of the sky box rather than the VCR scart to take advantage of RGB... to AV2 of the BDR

When copying , just play from the sky unit rather than using any copy facility.
  4. pompeyexile

pompeyexile Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Like many out here I love the technology and buy it but haven't a Scooby how to get it all to work, even after looking through the manuals which may as well be written in Egyptian Hieroglyphics as far as i'm concerned.:confused:

If it wasn't for forums like this and good eggs like yourselves, idiots like me would still be leaning on a gatepost munching on a stalk of grass and wondering how a hoe works. Unfortunately though guys because of that you can guarantee like Arnie said..."i'll be back" But in the meantime......

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010