Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear centre channel to match Mission 70DS surrounds?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Richard Harnwell, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I was about to but a pair of Misson 70DS speakers to act as centre rears to go along with my 70DS surrounds. I've just discovered they don't exist any more, so I'm a bit stuck now. Any suggestions?

Because of an awkward window, I was going to mount the rear centres very high (few inches below coving) firing downwards (the Missions upside down). I was contemplating raising the surrounds to the same level. If I don't have them that high, I'd have to make do with a single speaker.

It is a reasonably large room (20'x19'), and the rest of my kit is:

Denon 3803 receiver
    2x REL Q200E subs
    Mission 733i fronts
    Mission 73C centre
    Mission 70DS surrounds

Once I've sorted out the rear centres it is time to tackle the fronts & centre, as I really feel I need a bit more mid-bass "punch". I'm using a projector, so I'm tempted to get 3 of the same speaker.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
  2. Johndm

Johndm Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I use a pair of black Mission M5DS for rear centres. As far as I am aware, they are pretty much identical to the old 70's?
    You can turn the badge over on these too..:D
  3. bob1

bob1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +144
    What are the new fronts going to be,speakers normally come in pears that would give you a rear surround.
  4. Richard Harnwell

Richard Harnwell Member

Ratings:
    +3
    That's a good point, but I probably won't be upgrading the front speakers just yet, and then I was thinking of going for some of those rare speakers that do come singly (B&W LCR..... etc.)

Cheers,

Richard