Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Radley signature bags, more Radleys added + 3 more 12.3.12

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by christam, Feb 23, 2012.

1. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Once again, I'll see if there's interest here before advertising elsewhere. These bags all belonged to my mum, who enjoyed shopping ........ :)

1. Radley "At the Seaside" signature bag from 2007. This is one of the best of the picture bags, with the picture almost entirely composed of stitched-on leather and very little painting (unlike later bags). It measures 14W x 4D x 9H (13 including handles) inches and is in very good used condition. There are a couple of small scuff marks on the back and a scuff mark near the base on the back but you have to look hard to see these. The lining is in yellow micro-cord - the same colour as the exterior leather - and there is a small amount of "I've been used" staining at the top but it's otherwise in excellent condition. This comes complete with all its original accessories - coin purse, key strap, blue Radley dog hanger, leather and metal Radley label inside, and pink dust bag. £135 including RMSD

2. Radley "Away Day" signature bag from 2005. A much sought-after bag that is now quite difficult to get hold of, the picture of this one consists entirely of stitched-on leather. It measures 13W x 3D x 8H (12 including handles) inches and is in excellent condition. There are two tiny scuff marks on the back but you have to look really hard to see them. The lining is burnt orange micro-cord and is unmarked. This comes complete with original accessories - burnt orange Radley dog hanger, key strap, internal leather and metal Radley label, and eau de nil dust bag. £150 including RMSD SOLD to Racer09

3. Radley "Retail Therapy" signature bag from 2006. Another very popular and sought-after bag, this measures 14W x 4D x 9H (14 including handles) inches and is in excellent condition. There is one tiny scuff mark on the back (very difficult to spot) and a small scuff on the base which is also difficult to see. The lining is cream micro-cord with some slight discolouration at the top but otherwise excellent. This comes complete with original accessories - light mink Radley dog hanger, key strap, coin purse, internal leather and metal Radley label, and pink dust bag. £140 including RMSD.

4. Radley "Tearaway" signature bag from 2008. This one measures 14W x 4D x 9H (13 including handles) and is in excellent condition. I've looked hard and I can't find any scuff marks at all on the outside. The lining is pink micro-cord with some very slight discolouration near the top (difficult to see) and otherwise perfect. This comes complete with original accessories - pink Radley dog hanger, key strap, coin purse, internal leather and metal Radley label and pink dust bag. £160 including RMSD.

5. WITHDRAWN TO ADVERTISE ELSEWHERE

There are several other Radley bags as well but I'll see how these are received before advertising them.

Payment by BT please. I'll consider offers for multiple items but if you check elsewhere you'll see that these prices are quite fair and competitive. Each of the Radley bags is a collector's item!

Pics will be attached in forthcoming posts ......

...... and thanks for wading your way through this lot if you're still here :D

EDIT
    More Radley bags added, see post 15

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Pics attached

Attached Files:

3. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Pics attached

Attached Files:

4. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Pics attached

Attached Files:

5. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Pics attached

Attached Files:

6. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Friday morning bump :hiya:

Any questions, just ask!
  7. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    The weekend's started - and Mother's Day is only 3 weeks away ;)
  8. rcgrant82

rcgrant82 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What's the best price for Away Day or Tearaway?
  9. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Given the prices being asked elsewhere and the condition, pretty much as stated although you could try a close offer :)
  10. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Up for Saturday :thumbsup:
  11. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    :)
  12. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    It's Sunday and the sun's shining :clap:

Try an offer that's reasonably close to the asking price and you might get lucky before I advertise these elsewhere :)
  13. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Over 300 views and no offers :eek:

I've been as realistic as possible when describing these bags but they really are in almost new condition. The prices are reasonable in comparison with those being asked for the same bags elsewhere.

It's beginning to look as though I'll be inflating Fleabay's coffers even more in the not-too-distant future .....
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  14. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Up again. Now I'm feeling stubborn :D

I might add details of the other Radley bags either tonight or tomorrow morning, just to get some reaction :laugh:
  15. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    As threatened yesterday :)

1. Lisson Grove medium grab bag in olive green. Brand new and never used. £75 inc. SOLD to foz2000

2. Floral Street medium grab bag in black. Also brand new and never used. £65 inc.

3. Godalming medium hobo tote bag in very light grey or eau de nil, depending on how you look at it. Used perhaps a couple of times, in excellent condition. £65 inc.

4. Small cream and yellow grab bag with detachable shoulder strap. Used a couple of times, in excellent condition. £50 inc. SOLD to foz2000

5. Small black grab bag possibly used once and in outstanding condition. £45 inc.

I'm not going to overburden the eager reader with too much info this time but if you've got any questions, just ask.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  16. foz2000

foz2000 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I might be interested in the small cream one (£50), just a quick question have you got proof of purchase for it or something so I can certify its genuine.

Please do not take offence, just want to be 100% sure
  17. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Hi, no offence taken. There's no proof of purchase but I can guarantee the bag - and all the others - is 100% genuine. All these bags would have been bought from Beales of Bournemouth, or possibly Dingles (part of the House of Fraser group) in Bournemouth. Both stores are authorised Radley stockists.
  18. foz2000

foz2000 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I'll offer £40 inc p&p for it
  19. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks for the offer. Just to clarify the colour, it's somewhere between a dark cream and a very light mink - I'm not sure if that might have any bearing on your interest. I'd let it go for £45 inc.
  20. foz2000

foz2000 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Ok that's not a problem, £45 is fine.

Could you PM me with all your details including Postal address and telephone number in case of any problems.

Thanks
  21. SIRUSKEY

SIRUSKEY Active Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Any movement on the price of the signature bags?

SWMBO loves her Radley but its a bit rich for me at the moment.

I can more than appreciate the new cost, I have been there.

Fleabay is flooded with them at the moment which dont seem to be doing anything.
  22. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Yes, the flood on Fleabay started at the weekend, when it was zero insertion fees - which is why I decided to wait a bit longer before going down that route :D

An offer of asking minus £20 (the approx. cost of the auction route, although I'd probably put a slightly higher price on them there) might secure.

A slightly lower offer for At the Seaside, which was mum's favourite and most used bag (usually polished between uses though) would be carefully considered :)
  23. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Offer accepted, thanks, PM on the way in a couple of hours (need to walk the dog :))
  24. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    And it's Wednesday. These are great bags :hiya:
  25. willow79

willow79 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Hiya -oooh i hate seeing radley bags needing homes!!!! :p
    Is this one still available?
    Lisson Grove medium grab bag in olive green. Brand new and never used. £75 inc.
    Do you have the measurements and what would youre lowest offer be for it? (i already got one, one on the way, i shouldnt even be asking this!!!!!)
  26. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Hi. Yes, it's still available - I'm still not quite ready to go to Fleabay :)

The measurements are W 28cm x H 22cm (33cm including handles) x D 10cm. I'll take £70 including p&p but I'm afraid that's the lowest. It's so new it's still got the silica gel packet inside!

While you're shopping, why not think about one of those signature bags too - they're bargain prices for extremely collectable items :devil::devil::devil:
  27. willow79

willow79 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    im really looking for one that i can carry on my shoulder or across my body. Youve put this as a "Grab Bag" -ive got one of those, and i always worry abotu muggers just snatching it (esp as i walk with a stick =easy target!).

Theres one other one on the forum that im kinda interested in.
    Dont normally go for green, but it looks like its quite a dark one.
    Only problem is the price :( I cant make it to £70 altho i can totally understand you asking that price, but like someone said above theres tons on the bay that are going for less. I could really only go to £50 and i know thats kinda insulting, so sorry, gonna have t leave this puppy for another home :(
    GL with the sale :)
    And thanks for the help :)

ETA: I know i put £50, but ive jst moved house so you can imagine that money is flying out left right and centre, so id be wanting to pay no more than £35-40 which i know is a ridiculous price and i would nt expect you to even look at it (apart to lugh!) but i just wanted you to know i do know its a low ball pirce :(
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  28. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    No problem. As you guessed, I wouldn't accept such a low offer (what appears to be an identical bag is currently on offer "elsewhere" with a starting price of £120 which is just plain ridiculous as they didn't even retail for that much originally) BUT..........

There's another Radley bag I only found after I finished taking pics last week - or rather after the camera battery ran out :laugh:

It's a shoulder bag that can easily be worn across the body, W 30cm x H 20cm x D 5.5cm, and is a pinky/creamy/beigy colour. It's in very good condition externally - just a small scuff mark on the back of the bag and excellent internally. I'd let it go at £40 inclusive (but no offers at that price). I'll put up photos if you're interested.
  29. willow79

willow79 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    oooh thats just tease!!! Can i see pics please? Im off to bed, so will get back to you in the morning if thats ok?
    As you guessed tho, i am watchiing "other places" so obv if i can get something bigger for the price, i would have to go for that, but would like to see yours please :)
  30. christam

christam Member

Ratings:
    +118
    I'll take some pics in the morning :)