Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question abour Panasonic 5 year warranty

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jtfab75, Dec 30, 2007.

1. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    i got my Panasonic lcd tv 5 weeks ago cause it had a 5 year warranty.After taking my name and address the guy in the shop said Panasonic will send me a certificate for my 5 year warranty.
    a few days ago after no sign of the certificate,i emailed Panasonic and i got this reply....

Thank you for your email regarding the current 5 year warranty promotion.

To clarify, this is a specific promotion which is being run via independent retailers. The criteria of this promotion, is that a qualifying product must be purchased in-store, during the specified time scale and from those retailers taking part in the scheme.

You would then receive a stamped application form to send to Panasonic along with a copy of the purchase receipt. If you did not receive a stamped application form I would recommend you speak to your retailer directly regarding this.

Please see www.experiencewhatothersjustsee.com for full terms and conditions and a list of participating retailers.

The warranty is an extension of the standard 1 year warranty and is held directly with Panasonic.

Best regards
    Laura Napier
    Extended Warranty Department

so it looks like i have to go back to the shop and get a form stamped.
    anyone had problems or even recieved a certificate yet ?

ps.looking at that website you have have till 31st January 2008 to get the forms sent in.
  2. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
  3. andyp900

andyp900 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I got my Panasonic from Richer Sounds in Chester early in November, they gave me a stamped form in the store which i sent off to Panasonic and about 3 weeks later a 5 year warranty certificate arrived.:thumbsup:
  4. lowmans100

lowmans100 Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I got a form from the retailer that was stamped & I sent it to Panasonic with a copy of the receipt, 5 weeks later my Warranty Certificate arrived.
  5. pattyg

pattyg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I bought my Pana over the phone from my local dealer in mid Dec. He said he'd take care of the extended warranty forms.

I have still to hear from Panasonic. Gonna chase in a couple of weeks.
  6. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    i went to the shop this morning.they said they will post the forms (from other buyers too) before the 31st Jan.then it will take 6-8 weeks for the certificate to come through.
  7. suniil

suniil Active Member

Ratings:
    +397
    I'm still waiting in the 5th week to receive the warranty certificate! But i got the stamped form from RS, that i sent to panasonic, uk in last week of nov 07.
  8. grinty

grinty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did it turn up, just wondering who to chase when mine doesn't!
  9. gordon115

gordon115 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I just got a certificate from RS that doesn't say anything about contacting Panasonic.
    It just gives you a Certificate number and a a phone number if there's any problems.
    Dated 2008 to 2013.
  10. alsina

alsina Active Member

Ratings:
    +620
    Is that a RS guarantee or a Panasonic one? The Panasonic guarantee is a Panasonic document and has their contatct details on it with no mention of RS.
  11. gordon115

gordon115 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    RS I assume,no mentionof Panasonic.
  12. anyyoulike

anyyoulike Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I might be having the same problem.

My LCD was bought on the 26th December 08', and the 5-year warranty form (with a dealer stamp and sales receipt) sent on the 28th. It had to be received by 31st January 2009. Certificate of posting obtained, and also copies kept of the documents sent to them.

Fast forward 2-months, and I still don't have the warranty... Also impossible to get through to their 'warranty department' as they "don't have a telephone number according to Panasonic CS."

That 5-year warranty was one of the major selling points of the LCD..... It was all above board, stamped, eligible model, in-time etc. And now they just seem difficult. I really wasn't expecting this of Panasonic.. It's actually the first new television I've ever bought.

Has anyone else received theirs? I'm actually feeling a bit conned if I was to be honest about it.
  13. thethinker_uk

thethinker_uk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If it helps Panasonic do have a phone number for there warranty department, Sorry not at work till Saturday to give it to you, we called for a customer and they are working from about the 6th of December sales.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. roswellgrey

roswellgrey Member

Ratings:
    +31
    As thethinker says, there is a number - from memory, its on the back of the tear off bit of the warranty application form.
    If it helps, I haven't got my warranty through yet, and I bought it around the same date as you.
    I chased them about 3 weeks ago and got told at that time that they were dealing with early
    December purchases, and that it should turn up early March ...
    I think they are a bit overloaded with the Xmas time purchase frenzy ...
    • Thanks Thanks x 1