Pub Satellite

mauqqq

Novice Member
Reaction score
My pub currently gets the nova channels and that through someone who set our satellite up. I've just been reading about card sharing, and wondered how would I know if he set up a card sharing system in my pub, instead of a 'legitimite foreign subscription'? I pay £1200 a year, I really only ever use channels called Nova, or JSC. What should I be paying? TIA.

mauqqq said:
My pub currently gets the nova channels and that through someone who set our satellite up. I've just been reading about card sharing, and wondered how would I know if he set up a card sharing system in my pub, instead of a 'legitimite foreign subscription'? I pay £1200 a year, I really only ever use channels called Nova, or JSC. What should I be paying? TIA.

Quite easy to tell if your using a card or CS. Is there actually a card in the box?

What other channels are clearing also?
Sounds to me that's it connected to a server is your clearing JSC and Nova.

Im not actually at the pub at the minute. Its definately connected to the internet though..

mauqqq said:
Im not actually at the pub at the minute. Its definately connected to the internet though..

If there is no card then it's definitely card sharing, especially if you unplug it from the Internet and the encrypted channels stop working.

So this is definately illegal then?, and I'm being ripped off as card sharing doesn't cost that much.

Although I'd prefer to have a 'legitimate' foreign subscription, I'm more peed off that I'm being ripped off than having an illegal service - well I haven't been caught yet :blush:. Should I report the supplier? And to who? :mad:

mauqqq said:
So this is definately illegal then?, and I'm being ripped off as card sharing doesn't cost that much.

Although I'd prefer to have a 'legitimate' foreign subscription, I'm more peed off that I'm being ripped off than having an illegal service - well I haven't been caught yet :blush:. Should I report the supplier? And to who? :mad:

Just don't pay him again. If it is CS your being proper ripped

What sat box did they put in?

It seems after reading a few threads on here about the subject of card sharing there's not much that will happen quickly.

I'm sure there's other people on here who have much more experience in the consequences and reporting people.

The other option could be a threat of reporting them to, erm, get a massive discount.

dm500. and after just reading about it it seems its the cheapest and its discontinued :(

If you don't have the card and can't run it without an internet connection then it's card sharing which is illegal.

mauqqq said:
dm500. and after just reading about it it seems its the cheapest and its discontinued :(

And is also a clone.

Here's an opportunity for you to explain what "clone" means in this context, and why it applies particularly to Dreamboxes.

logiciel said:
Here's an opportunity for you to explain what "clone" means in this context, and why it applies particularly to Dreamboxes.

A clone DM is a cheap Chinese copy.

And any reason why DBs, rather than anything else, get cheaply copied?

logiciel said:
And any reason why DBs, rather than anything else, get cheaply copied?

One of the main reason is dreambox media had cornered the market and there boxes where well over priced.

There's plenty more options now day and DM are still over priced. Best boxes on market for me though.

The Dreamboxes got cloned as the originals are rather over priced and there is a big market for them. If you only want SD there is nothing wrong with a DM500 clone at all, unless you've paid for full price... the DMs and clones are probably the most supported receivers available.

if it has been set up for cardsharing then contact the installer and tell them that unless you get a full refund you will be contacting the relevant authority's.
once said installer has given the refund then report them .

you get your money back and do the decent/honest thing.

you get your money back and do the decent/honest thing.

While your at it don't forget to write Nova and JSC a cheque to cover the official subscriptions and the extra business it has brought into your pub. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom