Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Slim - Creaking/Loose Battery Cover

Discussion in 'PS Vita & PSP' started by wafc, Sep 26, 2007.

1. wafc

wafc Member

Ratings:
    +43
    I've noticed that my battery cover on the PSP Slim is ever so slightly loose which therefore makes it move a little and creak during gameplay, I've seen other reports of this on the web.

Do many other people have this problem with theirs and is there anything that can be done to stop it?

I think replacing the PSP may be going a bit far but it is rather annoying during gameply.
  2. mashti

mashti Member

Ratings:
    +3
    maybe a defective patch of battery covers because my 1 week old slim psp's battery cover is not loose ,try asking sony to post you a replacement cover.
  3. wafc

wafc Member

Ratings:
    +43
    When I say loose, I mean it in the slightest term, it does fit its just that it moves about a little when playing games etc.

Just rang Sony, they were very helpful, NOT! They have no spare parts, I would have to return it to the store, not too keen on that idea though as I dont fancy trading it in and ending up with one with dead pixels on it! I think I'll just stick with the slightly moving battery cover for now.
  4. Kube

Kube Active Member

Ratings:
    +372
    Mines the same and itcan be very annoying.
  5. nick501

nick501 Active Member

Ratings:
    +781
    same here too. The cover doesnt fall off but it's pretty loose.
  6. DaPOD

DaPOD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,

I purchased mine a few weeks ago, but have not had any problems so far. My cousin who also purchased his at the same time has had this battery creaking. He seems to think it got too hot during gameplay and has warped the casing???

He has since put a small peice of kitchen roll behind the battery cover and it has stopped.

Thanks - Ste
  7. WelshBluebird

WelshBluebird Member

Ratings:
    +145
    I wouldn't say mines creaking or loose, but it can move a very small amount (talking less than a mm here) from side to side.
  8. Mickus

Mickus Active Member

Ratings:
    +347
    Yep, mine has a bit of give in it as well. Doesn't creak though.
  9. CheekyBoyDanny

CheekyBoyDanny Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wafc,

I bought my PSP slim on Saturday 1st Dec and I noticed straight away there was a very very slight bit of play with the battery cover but no creaking. I guess you could always pack it out with a tiny piece of toilet paper but I certainly wouldn't take it back just for that, as most of the responses to your question show the majority of us have the same glitch.

Ps. Be careful of those two tiny tabs the look like they break off easily.

Dan
  10. dgjlee

dgjlee Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Mine does this as well..... It is annoying... however I am not sure if it warrants a return....We are just as likely to get another one exactly the same
  11. wafc

wafc Member

Ratings:
    +43
    I actually returned my PSP due to quite a lot of dead pixels, the new one I got still has a slightly loose battery cover but its not as bad as the first one so its fine.