1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSB Image T5 / T6 vs Monitor Audio RX6

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by dylanphelan, Mar 27, 2012.

?

What speakers would you recommend I go for?

1. PSB Image T5 Towers

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. PSB Image T6 Towers

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Monitor Audio RX6

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. dylanphelan

dylanphelan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am considering the PSB Image T5 / T6 towers vs Monitor Audio RX6.

I would most likely go for the T5 if going with PSB as my room is fairly small. 4m x 5m.

What are your thoughts on these options?

They would be mostly for music. I listed to acoustic rock, rock/pop, blues and alternative rock/grunge.

I have a NAD amp.

Thanks
  2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,680
    That is very difficult to comment on. The PSB are hard to come by and I think you will find few who have heard them. But I have been following the reviews, and they are consistently positive.

The Monitor Audio are also impressive. I heard two things about the new RX series, one is that they are too bright, something said about most Monitor Audio speakers, though there are probably just an many who disagree. The second is that the bass can be a bit overbearing, though I think that has more to do with placement than the actual speakers. You can't shove speakers like this into the corner or up against the wall. Then, like all speaker, need a bit of space.

Keep in mind this is based on discussions I've read about the speakers.

When it gets down to this speaker vs that speaker, it is really too personal. What one person loves another hates, so your ears are really the best judge.

Steve/bluewizard
  3. jimfrench

jimfrench Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I have the RX6's and they have great balance, neither bright or overly bassy. I use PSB alpha's as surrounds. They are very complementary together. Never heard the T series but they are usually good quality. I don't think you can lose with either choice.
  4. dylanphelan

dylanphelan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up getting the T6's. Very happy with them!
  5. jimfrench

jimfrench Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I've no doubt you'll love them. I enjoyed PSB alpha's as the 4 surrounds with a sub until we moved to the RX6's for the front L/R.