Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Media Server Audio sync issues

Discussion in 'PS3 Media & Streaming' started by jungle650, Apr 5, 2010.

1. jungle650

jungle650 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I am using the latest Beta version of PS3 Media server hoping the following problem had been fixed but I still seem to have it.

Basically I have done what a number of people seem to have done and have used DVD Shrink to take the main film title and saved the VOB files to a hard drive on my PC. The VOB files are 4GB plus in size, and hence why I have them on the PC rather than on an external USB drive connected to a PS3.

When I use PS3 Media Server to play the films I have noticed that after about 1 hour or so the video and audio go out of sync. The audio stays at the current speed but the video seems to skip about. This happens on all files / films.

This can be corrected by pressing X to pause the playback then pressing Square then pressing X again after a 10 second break. Playback then continues fine for the remainder of the film.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so has anyone solved the issue ?

My PC spec is decent - Windows 7 64 bit, I7 processor, 12G ram, etc so I do not think its a CPU issue ( I had the same issue on a Core2Duo machine running Vista ). Connection to PS3 is through a router/switch via homeplugs 200mbs, but once again I do not think its a network issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rgds
    Jungle
  2. easyrider

easyrider Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Try renaming the the 4gb vob file to *.mpg
  3. Axum

Axum Active Member

Ratings:
    +815
    I'm sure .vob's are recognised by the PS3 the same as .mpg are...
  4. jungle650

jungle650 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Thanks for the response, changing the file extension from vob to MPEG makes no differance, the films still have sync issues after about 1 hour.
  5. johnmerrick

johnmerrick Member

Ratings:
    +12
    there is definitely a sync issue with certain files.

also video speeding up for no reason.