PS3 Custom Firmware/Jailbreak Thread *Part 4* PLEASE READ POST 1 BEFORE POSTING

But if you don't give two ***** about CoD then you'll be fine....I haven't come across any cheating in any game I play online.

No I wouldn't touch a call of duty game anymore, bored of them.

Truth be told I haven't gone online on any game due to all the hacking I hear about. And even hacking aside the amount of idiots online is incredible, it's either people singing, trying to act "big" etc

That and the fact I can't just block comms the way I can on the 360, by that I mean on the 360 I can set comms to friends only, can't do that on ps3 or can I?

The last time I played pro evo I scored, and the other guy started messaging me telling me what he had done to my mum, while it was interesting to read I can't be asked with all that.

I guess a lot of it depends on the game though, I'd imagine little big planet is ok, well it was when I used to play the first one. Whereas certain games just attract idiots.

Back to the jailbreak, is there any chance Sony will be able to put a stop to it in anyway or is the only way a hardware change? Which won't do much for all the millions of current ps3s already out there, and someone that desperate to play backups or hack would just buy an older ps3.

Last edited:
Sony have put a stop to it, a couple of weeks ago, there is NO way of using PSN on a hacked PS3.

Cheers, so aside from the idiots that you will encounter in any online game, you won't meet idiots using hacks in games anymore...

Well until a "jailbreak" is released that allows you to play online on a hacked ps3.

Maybe, I've never really paid any attention to any of the hacks, so if they're using hacks that have been developed on a hacked PS3, but using them via a normal console, then yes, they'll still be about. But if the hack relies on having a hacked console, then no, they won't be there any more.

I'm sure another updated hack will come out soon enough that will allow PSN usage.

No I wouldn't touch a call of duty game anymore, bored of them.

Truth be told I haven't gone online on any game due to all the hacking I hear about. And even hacking aside the amount of idiots online is incredible, it's either people singing, trying to act "big" etc

That and the fact I can't just block comms the way I can on the 360, by that I mean on the 360 I can set comms to friends only, can't do that on ps3 or can I?

The last time I played pro evo I scored, and the other guy started messaging me telling me what he had done to my mum, while it was interesting to read I can't be asked with all that.

I guess a lot of it depends on the game though, I'd imagine little big planet is ok, well it was when I used to play the first one. Whereas certain games just attract idiots.

I play Fifa mostly online at the mo and rarely come across this kinda behavior. The only idiots are the ones that quit after you go 3-0 up, it's very rare to finish a game then as a quit gives an automatic 3-0 loss :thumbsdow

I rarely hear anyone talking too, even on SSF4.....but then I haven't played a fps for a while on the PS3 and that's the genre that attracts the tools.

Last edited:
Cheers Axum - Didn't realise it had been blocked again.. Can't keep up!!!

Brembo - As Axum said - if they hack a game on a jailbroken PS3 they can use a clean console to actually use hack online. Only game i know that this happened on though is MW2 and reading there threads it sounds as is IW have stopped them working. Not seen any hacks on any other games, well the odd person on Blops but you would expect them to be rife? if there was hacks out.

So your basically left with the muppets online who like yo mamma phrases and the like.

BTW - yo mamma said i was great!!! LOL

(yet another) Backup Manager has been released, although this time it's based on all the legal code that Hermes used for his manager, but has been ported for CFW 3.55 use as well.

Doesn't look as good as the others though, but not sure if it adds anything in terms of features/stability, it may well do in future.

How much would a PS3 sell for you think that is on ORIGINAL launch day firmware? much or nothing?

So it seems that the quite irritating Mathieulh, who obviously possesses a lot of skill, but also a lot of attitude, has given up drip-feeding information and keeping the interesting bits to himself, but he's been dropping hints to people about his own exploit, which will seemingly be able to lead (for whatever reason, presumably just so new machines can be played with) a 3.60 CFW/JB solution.

Any more updates on this? would it mean 3.60 OFW owners could now install 3.60 CFW? I thought the ability to update firmware via USB had been removed, or am I imagining that. :rolleyes:

How much would a PS3 sell for you think that is on ORIGINAL launch day firmware? much or nothing?

What do you mean "launch day firmware" ? The first ever FW ?

No idea.....assuming you'd get £120ish trade-in, a little less cash via a shop. Maybe a little more via eBay ?

Any more updates on this? would it mean 3.60 OFW owners could now install 3.60 CFW? I thought the ability to update firmware via USB had been removed, or am I imagining that. :rolleyes:

You're imagining that :)

I'm guessing that when sufficient progress has been made then whatever's been changed in 3.60 OFW in terms of how the loaders are addressed and when and by what, could be bypassed/changed/decrypted so that unsigned code can run again.

What do you mean "launch day firmware" ? The first ever FW ?

Yes the first ever. I kept one purley for the cinema room and never updated it, but am finiding less use for it at the moment.

Hehe, wow, impressive. Really not sure what that would go for.

I guess the only real benefit would be for someone to keep OtherOS by updating to 3.15....

....although having said that, dual-boot functionality CFW will be with us soon enough....

....and kmeaw is apparently looking at having an OFW/CFW dual-boot firmware....although unless 3.60 gets hacked, not sure what that would actually offer as you still wouldn't be able to go onto PSN.

Last edited:
Not sure why you're not using your PC just to make sure, but still, i'm sure you'll be fine.....no-one has ever mentioned getting banned for updates....i'm assuming the "automatic" procedure of game updating is nothing like (and therefore so much more difficult do intercept/do anything about) accessing PSN.

A new ID won't help, they'll ban your console (MAC address), not your account/ID......but you can't get onto PSN anyway so it doesn't really matter......would have thought that's the whole point of you having 2 PS3's ?

where do you download the updates from then, never done that before.

i will try it tonight as i should have some time.

would love a PS3 with original firmware would put 3.00 or something like that on it well jealous

thats what I'm wanting low firmware or the ability to downgrade to low firmware

Team Rebug have finally released their CFW versions, 3.41.2 / 3.55.1. As far as I can tell these are not really for general usage as they open up a load of debug options on a retail console. It should be interesting to see what some of the devs get out of it. Their releases are always very stable and it's easy to switch back to other FW versions after installing this.

There's also talk of this allowing users onto the sp_int psn-type network that test units are allowed onto.

The team also said that others are working on a CFW which will have PSN access, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Excellent news indeed. I just hope the results are as technically successful as their recent ones on ACS:Law and HBGary.

At the very least it will bring the whole Sony vs Geohot thing to a wider audience, and with it give Sony some much deserved bad press.

Sound like a bunch of complete tools to me.

That's probably what Andrew Crossley and Aaron Barr both thought, before both their respective 'careers' were brought crashing down in such a spectacular, humiliating way. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom