1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 and HDMI issues on Samsung TV's

Discussion in 'PS3 Forum' started by Wu Xian, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Wu Xian

Wu Xian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i want to get a PS3 however before i do i need to know if there are any issues with my tv, i have heard many stories and threads here that say they cannot get HDMI and the PS3 to work on their Samsung HDTV.

I have the Samsung 26" HDTV model: LE26R41BDX (freeview one, before they all went super SHINY :rolleyes:)

I have heard that it may not work, yet i have posted this topic elsewhere and others say it works for them, so its a bit 50/50 i guess. I dont want to use component or VGA as they are already being used...

Can anyone help me out and tell me if HDMI and that tv work fine?
  2. Intya

Intya Member

Ratings:
    +55
    I have the exact same TV albeit in the 32" version. Short answer, HDMI works and looks great. The only problem I have every once in a while, like maybe twice a fortnight, the TV just won't display the signal.

I have to resort to unplugging the cable at both ends, swapping them over, and then resetting the PS3's output (hold the power button when turning on for five seconds or so until it beeps twice). This sorts it.

Poxy HDCP :suicide:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Fir3B1rd

Fir3B1rd Member

Ratings:
    +34
    i have got s 32 inch HD Ready tv (not sure which model) and can say that my ps3 works on this with no probs.
  4. Squizzle

Squizzle New Member

Ratings:
    +31
    i have a le40r88bd and i have no problems connecting my ps3 through hdmi.
  5. onkeh

onkeh Member

Ratings:
    +425
    No problems on my M87.
  6. Jay™

Jay™ Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Tried HDMI 1 on my R88 today, didnt want to play ball, so i tried HDMI 3 (On the side) worked fine :)
  7. tomo28

tomo28 Member

Ratings:
    +64
    R78 ( i think, 1 before r88 anyway) 26" no probs at all had the ps3 running through it since launch.
  8. Wu Xian

Wu Xian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies guys, ok i guess i need to direct my questions to those that have my range of Samsung TV the R41's, the ones before the 'shiny' thing that samsung did to all their bloomin tv's lol

as for the hdmi cable not working right with one of you, try replacing the cable ive been told to tell you!
  9. RCD01

RCD01 Member

Ratings:
    +27
    No problems on my m87 either
  10. RCD01

RCD01 Member

Ratings:
    +27
    have you tried the PS3 on another HDMI equipped television?
  11. Intya

Intya Member

Ratings:
    +55
    There's a DVI HD-ready TV in the bedroom but I can't be bothered to move the PS3 in there to test it with. Meh, I can live with it for now :)
  12. Wu Xian

Wu Xian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you do this when setting up your ps3?

13. Intya

Intya Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Yep. When I first set up my PS3 on launch night, I just stuck the HDMI in before anything else, and it worked straight out of the box. Not sure what it is, but until it goes terminal, I won't worry about it. Looking at a new TV in the not too distant future hopefully anyway
  14. jsuspwnsu

jsuspwnsu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have a fairly new PS3 slim 320gb. Recently the TV (samsung) that I was using to play games on (connected by HDMI) broke. I then tried to connect my PS3 via HDMI to another, larger, samsung HDTV. The TV has not recognised the playstation. The screen seems to be trying display yet there is no visual or audi. When I connect the PS3 to the TV with 3 cable (red, white and yellow) and it works but obviously I want to use the PS3 to it's capability. I tried connecting the AV and HDMI to the TV at the same time and transferring the input from AV to HDMI and the TV does not recognise. I have also holding the power button and reset the input but that does not seem to do anything either. Do you have any advice please ? :lease::lease::lease:
  15. Robothamster

Robothamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,241
    You've done all that I would suggest, only other thing is try with a new HDMI lead if you haven't already?
  16. Michael2520

Michael2520 Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Sounds to me like you might need to reset the video output, it happened to me.

Google it, the fix involves a trick with the power button that automatically detects the display setting for what is connected and adjusts it accordingly.
  17. Korum

Korum Active Member

Ratings:
    +471
    I think he has done this, he mentions it at the end of the post but maybe not done it right. Like Michael2520 pointed out it looks like you need to reset the hdmi video output. You hold the console power button down until the machine beeps, this reverts the hdmi output back to 480p and you should be able to set it up from there. This happens to me when i move the ps3 to a non 1080p tv upstairs and forget to adjust the settings before moving it, it just produces a black screen.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1