PS3 & Album Artwork

Is your Album art display done via a hidden "folder.jpg" image in the same folder as the music files or by an "Album cover" ID3 tag on the MP3's themselves?

Try tagging a folder of MP3's using this app dronten - jTagger

Mine are tagged using this and album art displays correctly on every device i've ever tried...(PS3, Mobiles,MP4 players etc..)

Visioneer - did you find a solution to this? I'm having the same issues.

I've got some problems showing album art that is saved on the PS3. I'm using WMP11 to stream and copy, but only certain albums get their art copied across. These are the albums that have a folder.jpg in the album folder (or any named jpg actually), or those which had the 'paste album art' option carried out in WMP. The rest were found using 'find album info', and these are the ones which don't get copied across.

Is there a simple solution to get all of them to work, without having to manually change every album?

I've got some problems showing album art that is saved on the PS3. I'm using WMP11 to stream and copy, but only certain albums get their art copied across. These are the albums that have a folder.jpg in the album folder (or any named jpg actually), or those which had the 'paste album art' option carried out in WMP. The rest were found using 'find album info', and these are the ones which don't get copied across.

Is there a simple solution to get all of them to work, without having to manually change every album?

Afraid you really need to tag them manually using a tagging app such as Jtagger, Tag & Rename or MP3Tag.

Media management programs such as WMP and iTunes are notoriously hit and miss with there tagging once you try using the music in other applications

I was hoping you wouldn't say that! It's ridiculous that WMP can't get the two methods to apply album art give the same result! :mad:

I'll give jtagger a go.

jTagger only seems to work with mp3s, not wmas. Plus, it looks very unprofessional so I'm going to try MediaMonkey. Anything which contains monkeys must be good.

jTagger only seems to work with mp3s, not wmas. Plus, it looks very unprofessional so I'm going to try MediaMonkey. Anything which contains monkeys must be good.

Yes no WMA support. I suppose it may look a little unprofessional but for MP3 tagging it is very configurable and powerful and the 'test' feature is useful.

Just be careful with MM, I've seen whole libraries incorrectly tagged in the past. Used with care though it's pretty good.

If you only need to update cover art to correctly tagged albums then I've used this app to good effect in the past as well Album Cover Art Downloader - Download

heres how you do it with video's too

A quick and easy way to make a thumbnail for your video/trailer using the PS3Â’s built-in icon option.

1. Download the movie or add it to your harddrive or play if from a memory stick/usb drive
2. Play the clip and while the clip is playing, hit the Triangle button. This will bring up the menu/options screen.
3. On the top row of icons, 3rd from the left is a Change Icon option. Select it and hit the X button.
4. This will let you create a video thumbnail of the video/clip from the video/clip itself.
5. Just pause the clip/video at a point where you want the thumbnail to be created from. It will make a 15 second animated thumbnail.
6. Go back to your Videos menu and check out your beautiful new clip!

well yes, no use for audio file at all.

But I thought it was a really useful tip, and anyone putting album art on their albums is probably going to want to put thumb nails on their movies... I know I do :thumbsup:

well yes, no use for audio file at all.

But I thought it was a really useful tip, and anyone putting album art on their albums is probably going to want to put thumb nails on their movies... I know I do :thumbsup:

I stream mine with PS3 Media Server so instead of video thumbnails i get custom DVD artwork ;)

Well, I've tried Media Monkey and Album Cover Art Downloader, neither of which seems perfect at the moment, but I think I need to sort out my streaming issues first before I can properly assess which is best for me.

I've given PS3MS a go for streaming, rather then use WMP11, which seems like the best bit of software to do the job. Got it connected and running, and my music shows up on the PS3 with the artwork attached to each song (but not the album folder) when streaming. Sometimes, when I try to play a song I get an unsupported type error message, but the song will usually play on the 2nd attempt. This isn't a big issue, as I really just want to copy all my music to the PS3 HDD. But when I try this I get the error on some copied songs, which then won't play at all! To top it off the artwork isn't copied either for the odd songs that do work. :mad:

Any help would be must appreciated!

Well, I've tried Media Monkey and Album Cover Art Downloader, neither of which seems perfect at the moment, but I think I need to sort out my streaming issues first before I can properly assess which is best for me.

I've given PS3MS a go for streaming, rather then use WMP11, which seems like the best bit of software to do the job. Got it connected and running, and my music shows up on the PS3 with the artwork attached to each song (but not the album folder) when streaming. Sometimes, when I try to play a song I get an unsupported type error message, but the song will usually play on the 2nd attempt. This isn't a big issue, as I really just want to copy all my music to the PS3 HDD. But when I try this I get the error on some copied songs, which then won't play at all! To top it off the artwork isn't copied either for the odd songs that do work. :mad:

Any help would be must appreciated!

Grab a coverart pic for each album from google image search, save it into the individual album folder of MP3's then tag using Jtagger.

Not as fast as some of the automated tagging apps but works 100% everytime. Once you get the hang of it you can actually do an album in 5mins.

The method above has displayed the album art in every app (PS3MS WMP, itunes) and on every device (Phones, MP3 Players PS3) I've ever tried.

Thanks, but as I mentioned previously I can't use jTagger as it doesn't work with WMAs.

I think my main issue is with the copying of the files (so that they work rather then take up HDD space!). Once that's resolved I'm sure I'll get the artwork to work with either of the 2 programs I mentioned eventually.

Thanks, but as I mentioned previously I can't use jTagger as it doesn't work with WMAs.

I think my main issue is with the copying of the files (so that they work rather then take up HDD space!). Once that's resolved I'm sure I'll get the artwork to work with either of the 2 programs I mentioned eventually.

Convert the WMA's with DBPoweramp.

I stream mine with PS3 Media Server so instead of video thumbnails i get custom DVD artwork ;)

I can't seem to find a definitive HOWTO to get the DVD/BLURAY artwork to show up the PS3MS on the PS3?

Please help in a couple swift steps? :hiya:

Is that information not in the Media Guide ?

Not that I can see, it explains the web site for GETTING some of the artwork and explains how to add it to MP3 files, but not video files.

Correct me if I am wrong? :confused:

I can't seem to find a definitive HOWTO to get the DVD/BLURAY artwork to show up the PS3MS on the PS3?

Please help in a couple swift steps? :hiya:

It's all in the Help.txt section of PS3 Media Server... but here it is for the Guide Axum if you'd like to do the honours;)

For a single DVD/Coverart image to display for each Video file just drop a jpg/png named EXACTLY the same as the video file into the same folder on the PC as the video file e.g.

Transformers.avi
Transformers.jpg

To apply an image for a whole folder full of video files (Useful for TV show seasons etc..) Just drop an image named 'folder.jpg' in to the same folder on the PC as the Video files.

e.g.

Folder '24 Season 1' would contain files below and show the same image for each video file.

24S01EP01.avi
24S01EP02.avi
Folder.jpg

Convert the WMA's with DBPoweramp.

That would take a long time with the number of files I have! So I'd rather find a program that worked with WMAs. For now, I'll add my streaming issue to a new thread before I come back to the album art problem.

That would take a long time with the number of files I have! So I'd rather find a program that worked with WMAs. For now, I'll add my streaming issue to a new thread before I come back to the album art problem.

Ok your choice. Just an option. DBPoweramp does batch convert though.

I just left it running overnight when i batch ripped a copy of 10,000 FLAC files into MP3 ;)

Ok I have got the images for the video files working now.

The question I have is, I have each one of my movies in a folder, named after the movie as well. How do I get the cover images to come up there, THAT is more less where I want to display the images, not inside the folders? :confused:

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom