Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 RCA connection

Discussion in 'PS2 Forum' started by alex12345, Feb 29, 2008.

1. alex12345

alex12345 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just bought a sun visor screen for my car and these are the two video inputs:

[​IMG]
    Any idea how to connect an RCA cable from my playstation 2 to these? Can i get an adapter?
    cheers
  2. fallenangle

fallenangle Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Those are weird connections for a screen to have. You would have thought whatever they were they'd both be female (ie. sockets).

The yellow lead is probably the video connection corresponding to the yellow lead on a normal PS2 composite cable (yellow: video, red, white for audio R/L)). But what that single white RCA socket is doing I'm not sure. Does the screen have built in amp/speakers? If so it's probably a combined audio connection.

What you'll probably need is a RCA male to female (socket) converter for the video lead ie. just a simple RCA/phono coupler. If the white lead is for audio you'll need a RCA/phono doubler which converts the R/L audio red/white PS2 composite leads into a single male RCA plug.

Both of these are readily available for electronic stores for a few £/$.

But I'm not confident about this advice as regards the audio so please don't take it in isolation. I'd be looking at the screens instruction manual/specs just find out exactly how the leads are decribed.