Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 progressive Scan. Which games ???

Discussion in 'PS2 Forum' started by jerkyboy, Jul 24, 2004.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a list of which games support Progressive scan on Playstation 2 .
  2. harrisuk

harrisuk Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Not many. If you want decent picture quality get and xbox :devil:
  3. Pooon

Pooon Active Member

Ratings:
    +733
    The Getaway has progressive scan option, but i could never get it to work(on Toshiba 32zd26p0 and Tekken 4 which did work
  4. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o Member

Ratings:
    +85
    prince of persia and the getaway are 2 that i know of
  5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,027
    if you want ok picture quality (RGB) stick with your PS2, if you want slightly better picture quality (but you need to splash out on an expensive TV that hardly anyone owns) then get an X-Box, if you want good picture quality then get a PC with a decent CRT monitor :devil:

Sorry can never resist a bit of light hearted banter back at the X-Box fanboys!
  6. harrisuk

harrisuk Member

Ratings:
    +60
    No worries gthom. But to be honest its not slightly better, its alot better. How much so is in the eye of the beholder but really RGB scart on a PS2 :rolleyes: if you have seen what an xbox outputting high def can acheive you wouldnt be saying that.

Simply put there is no comparison between a PS2 and xbox. And there are hundereds of people using these forums who have the kit to get the most out of an xbox :devil:
  7. Akael

Akael Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jak II also has progressive, the game is awesome as well.
  8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,027
    Very true Harris - I must say the X-Box Hi Def output is very good - i've only seen it the once myself but it was very impressive. I guess though the people on this forum are, shall we say, a bit more advanced in the AV arena than the average Joe Bloggs. The PS2 gives a good output via RGB and unfortunatelly that's as good as my games TV (4:3 29" trinitron) goes.

I would really like a high def set up (probably through a projector) but at the moment it's not a financial poosibility for me and my house doesn't really have a room big enough to do a PJ justice. As such the benefit I would get through getting an X-Box wouldn't be that much, especially as I prefer the games on the PS2 - currently playing through FFX & FFX-2 which are great games.
  9. Dean

Dean Member

Ratings:
    +83
    PS2 RGB is ok but the YUV output is far better especially when hooked to a plasma :) And the catalogue of PS2 games is still the best at the moment by far IMO, but most looking forward to GTA: San Adreas and Kill Zone
  10. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Nearly all US PS-2 games have progressive scan. I import most of mine because of this, the picture quality between the Xbox and the PS-2 on PS is identical.
  11. slingshot

slingshot Member

Ratings:
    +36
    PS2 YUV is the way to go. I bought an IXOS component cable and it's so much better than the official Sony YUV cable.

A mate switched from RGB to IXOS YUV on his plasma and the colour and vividness was amazing.

As for games beyond good and eveil is prog scan, which looks quite nice. It's a pretty good game too, which is really the point isn't it ?

Slingshot
  12. docfeelgood

docfeelgood Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Progressive scan is good... but increased resolution is much more important (if you have a capable display).

XBOX outputs some games in 720P.

Anyone who has seen Amped 2 running in 720P on a projector would testify to the superb picture quality.

I agree about the PC tho. Nothing beats it in terms of sharpness and clarity when running at decent resolutions (especialy through DVI).

Also.... the dreamcast looks great through a Projector or plasma when using it's VGA output...... very sharp.

cheers
    :)
    Doc
  13. slingshot

slingshot Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Wrong, having a fun playable game is more important. How are you answering the initial question, which in case you forgot is 'Has anyone got a list of which games support Progressive scan on Playstation 2 '.

What is it with this games forum that every single thread consists of console x is better than console y !

Yes I'm having a **** day !
  14. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Doc,
    the games are the most important, but 720p is impressive, Steel Batallion at 720p on my HD Plasma looks the nuts.

Neil.
  15. docfeelgood

docfeelgood Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was just joining in with the general discussion.

Of course enjoying the games is the most important thing.

I was simply letting people know what I have witnessed. Maybe people may be interesest and it may help one or two make a decision or give them some ideas.

This is a forum .... not the army fella.

Appologies for wandering off topic... but from what I could see the topic had evolved somewhat.

.... and when did I mention x was better than y :rolleyes:

Go and give someone else your bad day....... I don't give a poop :mad:

regards
    :)
    Doc.
  16. azzo

azzo Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Back to the thread: :)
    Progressive games:
    Soul Calibre II
    Primal
  17. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete Active Member

Ratings:
    +336
    Bummer.

I bought a PS2 component lead to play Pro Evo 3 in progressive only to find that it is not p/s.

Oh well. Still looks great in Comp. though not much difference between that and RGB...

Cap :)
  18. Irons

Irons Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try here, although I don't know how up to date it is but it might help you.

High Defination Games Database

I find component to be a lot better than RGB even without PS as the text appears a lot sharper to me.
  19. spanx

spanx Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is the official PS2 component video lead not progressive scan compliant. It would explain a lot if it wasn't - I haven't managed to get any of my PAL PS2 prog-scan games to run in PS on my projector.

Where can I get a cable that IS prog-scan compliant?
  20. azzo

azzo Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Eh? All component cables are progressive scan compliant, it is a feature of the component technology. You must have another problem. Are you sure you projector can accept PAL progressive. The older ones only accept NTSC as PAL progressive is a relatively new standard.
  21. museumsteve

museumsteve Active Member

Ratings:
    +680
    must admit, I thought hardly any PS2 games (US/Jpn or PAL) had progressive scan option.
  22. spanx

spanx Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure my projector (NEC HT1000) can accept a PAL progressive scan signal, as that's what my Harmon Kardon DVD player outputs.