1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 on a plasma ??

Discussion in 'PS2 Forum' started by jono400, Apr 28, 2007.

1. jono400

jono400 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In the process off setting up my new Panasonic th42px70b plasma tv, currantly have a ps2 ( original bigger model ) just wonder if anyone else has linked it up to a plasma to find out just how well it looks or doesnt for that matter ??!!

will the picture fill the whole viewing area off the plasma or will it be only a small area - bit confused ??!!

appreciatte that its not going to be anywhere near the level off the graphics off say the ps3 or xbox 360 viewed on the same tv but again just wonder what sort off results are likely to be expected ??

lastly, anyone advise me what I will require cable wise to hook my ps2 up to the plasma ???

tempted to splash out a bit more cash on a ps3 or 360 but as I am not a serious game player cant really justify this sort off cash just now especially after the initial purchase off the plasma itself but seeing as I already have a ps2 along with loads off very playable games would be great to see how it would all work out when viewed on this screen ??
  2. Tejstar

Tejstar Member

Ratings:
    +1,012
    I personally use a component cable to hook up to my plasma and think it looks great, yes it can define the jaggies more but it's a much better pucture than through composite.
  3. Croftanator

Croftanator Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I also use component cables to connect PS2 to Panny 42pv500. It's your only choice too - scart/composite will look pretty bad. You can probably pick one up from Game for about £7.

The picture will probably have a small black border going all the way around the screen (couple of cm's on my 42"), but that's the fault of the PS2, as it does it on all tv's I seen it on.

Despite the more visible jaggies, God of War I and II look great anyway :smashin:
  4. jono400

jono400 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay anyone advise me on what I could be doing wrong, have the component lead plugged into the panasonic th42px70b and playstation 2, have set the tv settings to component, switch on the ps2 and I can hear the signal on the tv but not actually see the picture.

anything obvious I am missing ??

cheers
    Okay just noticed that the dvd player and vcr are doing the exact same thing as well ie. sound can be heard bout not the actual picture, all scart plugs, component cables secure.

I take it I am correct in saying to play the ps2 for instance I would press AV on the remote and scroll down to component and then press okay ??
  5. FortysixterUK

FortysixterUK Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Panasonic viera TH42 px 70 and both types of PS2 ( new and old) look great on the tv playing through the scart socket, full screen, no borders...Rogue Galaxy is a sight to behold !
  6. damianpadden

damianpadden Member

Ratings:
    +12
    if you can hear the picture make sure the 3 wires are in the correct 3 holes. you have the sound in the right hole but you may have the other two round the wrong way.

Damo
  7. theadviser

theadviser Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I have the PX70 and thought I would hook up the old PS2 to see what it looked like. Very Green!!!! I thought the scart cable I had was RGB enabled, but I can only get a green screen connecting it to either AV1 or AV2. Its fine on the CRT. What'm I doing wrong guys :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  8. theadviser

theadviser Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Arghh, think I've realised what it is. I hadn't changed the settings on the PS2 correctly. I was alternating between RBS and non-RGB in the component setting but not pressing 'X' to change it.
  9. d20ace

d20ace Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Must agree! just received God of War II and does look great on my Pana 42PX700 plasma!! But well Pived of with the black border all around the screen!
    Got a Blaze scart lead, which looked great on me Sony CRT TV and on me plasma, but is there anything out there to cure the borders as its well enouying??
    Cheers.