Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS Vita + Uncharted + 16GB card - £256.50 (via Quidco)

Discussion in 'Gaming Bargains' started by leamspaceman, Feb 8, 2012.

1. leamspaceman

leamspaceman Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Gamestop are doing the Wi-Fi Vita with Uncharted and 16GB card for £269.99. However, Quidco pays 5% cashback for Gamestop so it works out at £256.50:

GameStop - Results

Royal Mail Standard delivery is free, but I went for Royal Mail Express and that was free too.

This is a very good deal indeed, probably the best out there right now.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. leamspaceman

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Has anyone ordered this? If you have, has your Quidco cashback tracked yet? Mine still hasn't.
  3. leamspaceman

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Anyone?
  4. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +253
    mine still has not tracked - i am thinking of cancelling as it only becomes a very good deal with quidco
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. JACKERL360

JACKERL360 Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Give it another day or so... if the quidco tracks this is a super deal...

J
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. leamspaceman

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Yep...it certainly is.

I called Gamestop today. They said I have to contact Quidco. You have to give it three days before raising it with Quidco. I noticed today that when you do this the Quidco site shows the visits you made to the site for the specific retailer...so evidence is there.

Gamestop also told me it's likely the Vita will come before launch day:clap:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Waynej

Waynej Active Member

Ratings:
    +189
    I went for this deal as well. Keep us posted please with regards to your Quidco being tracked, as it's the Quidco being the main reason why I've ordered from Gamestop instead off from Amazon.

I also went for the Express delivery as it showed no charge, although it shows a shipped date as of 22nd Feb, but hopefully it's earlier as you mentioned with a phone call to them.
  8. leamspaceman

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Still no tracking on the cashback. I've now raised it with Quidco. I suggest everyone else does the same if their cashback doesn't track.

There shouldn't be an issue really as it is a contractual obligation that they pay the £13.50 cashback. If they don't, I'll just get in touch with my credit card comapny and get it back from them:smashin:

Regarding shipping, well, I'm not too fussed when I receive mine. I'm not a 'launch-day' fanatic. If I get it for a good price then anything else is a bonus.
  9. Sunshinewelly

Ratings:
    +253
    I don't think it's a contractual obligation. Its in their terms that casjback can't be enforced
  10. Krank

Krank Active Member

Ratings:
    +453
    I'd never buy anything expecting cashback and treat it as a bonus when I get it. That said, it's a rare occurance when you get nowt so hopefully a claim should sort it.
  11. leamspaceman

Ratings:
    +1,076
    It is. You go to Quidco...search the retailer...it states the cashback amount. That forms the basis of the contract. T&C's don't often relect consumer legislation.

Having said that...the Gamestop offer is still up there with any of the other offers even without the cashback.
  12. JACKERL360

JACKERL360 Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Raised a cash-back claim through quidco.

Need to be careful to calculate this less the vat, if you calculate this based on the rrp then it will probably get rejected:

If the claim is rejected, you cannot submit another...

£11.25 cash-back puts actual price @ £258.74

Bargin

J
  13. Waynej

Waynej Active Member

Ratings:
    +189
    I've cancelled this now. Have yet to re-order but thinking of play.com as they now have Uncharted bundle Play.com - Buy PlayStation Vita Console Bundle + Uncharted: Golden Abyss + 8GB Memory Card - Wi-Fi (With Pre-Order Pack) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Had the quidco tracked straight away with Gamestop I'd have kept my order. I was quite shocked at Gamestop's reply to my cancellation as I wasn't aware they even took my money, and assumed they would not have done so until despatch or close to.

Gamestop response to cancellation:

Hi,

Your order has been cancelled and refunded. Please allow a few days for it to appear back into your account, depending on your bank. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!
  14. leamspaceman

Ratings:
    +1,076
    When I put the claim through...it calculated the cashback automatically.

I don't get how Quidco can clearly show you get 5% cashback from a retailer...then reject a claim if it doesn't go through? The retailers affiliate themselves with Quidco...so how can they just unilaterally refuse a cashback?

Like I said...I once reported a retailer to my credit card company for not paying out a cashback amount. My credit card company refunded it to me.
  15. Sunshinewelly

Ratings:
    +253
    I have cancelled mine as the play and amazon offers are now much better than this one. You are paying £35 more even with quidco to get a different game and a bigger card. Might be worth £20 but not 35 pounds. If quidco does not pay then it's a very bad deal
  16. leamspaceman

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Regretfully...I have done the same. I've gone with Amazon for Vita Wi-Fi, Rayman, 8GB card and a 16GB card...for £265. I'll then sell the 8 gig card and Rayman...should get £55 for those...so that's Vita and 16 gig card for £210. Even if I paid £40 for Uncharted it'd be £250 all in...£6.50 cheaper than Gamestop. Maybe the Gamestop cashback will still track...even though the order has been cancelled. I've had this happen a few times on Quidco:D
  17. Waynej

Waynej Active Member

Ratings:
    +189
    Gamestop removed £269.99 from my account today. Granted, I had emailed them days ago and was advised I'd be refunded. Still, quite ****** that they would take funds for a pre-order, as opposed to near ship date like most retailers.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012